[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
WinterHiko wrote:

When I want to be stimulated, I run Uber Uber Elder. You should have a 1/3 chance of getting a Watcher's Eye and they sell for 4.3div fast, sometimes 5div if you're patient.

I understood the rest of your comment, thanks. This one though I have a question about. Does uber uber drop better watcher's eyes? I've had multiple watcher's drop from uber elder, and none were worth more than 100c or so.
"
Graiaule wrote:
I understood the rest of your comment, thanks. This one though I have a question about. Does uber uber drop better watcher's eyes? I've had multiple watcher's drop from uber elder, and none were worth more than 100c or so.

I believe it has a chance to drop 3-mod ones instead of 2-mod which have a much higher chance of being worth a lot more.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:

When I want to be stimulated, I run Uber Uber Elder. You should have a 1/3 chance of getting a Watcher's Eye and they sell for 4.3div fast, sometimes 5div if you're patient.

Uber Elder drop Ilvl87 Watcher's, which have a third mod. Regular Elder are Ilvl85 with only 2 mods.

Doing Uber Uber elder, however, gives you increased drops of Watcher's eyes (per a node). EDIT : More chance at orb of Dominance, actually.

If you identify them, it becomes very spiky, as some will go for dozens of divines and others for almost nothing. If you just want to accumulate currency at a steady pace, unid selling is the way. If you want to gamble, ID them and pray. Lets you choose which way you want your loot, which I think is very nice.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Oct 14, 2022, 3:12:03 PM
Ahh. I had no idea the eye ilvl affected the number of mods. Thanks.

Where would you learn that, though? There's nothing obvious on craftofexile about that.
Last edited by Graiaule on Oct 14, 2022, 3:07:28 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:

Where would you learn that, though? There's nothing obvious on craftofexile about that.

I came back and looked it up and I was wrong about the increased drop rates. The node for Uber Uber gives twice the orbs of dominance (which are worth 1div). Drop rate on Uber Uber is about 12-14%, which would mean the difference is 6-7% drop rate, or one div every 18 runs or so. Not an incredible leap, but still nice if you're crushing the boss anyway. You can farm regular Uber Elder and still make bank.

Drop rates of Ubers are through this link : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VM3sRHU7iMUzQNRlEDkLpG6ZRLMmgB8i8L-iWqFivwo

As for how to know, I looked up the wiki for the 2 or 3 mods. For pinnacle bosses, you really have to check the drop tables and read the page to fully understand mechanics, drop rates and such. Make sure to check the right wiki, the fandom one is severely outdated.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:

I came back and looked it up and I was wrong about the increased drop rates. The node for Uber Uber gives twice the orbs of dominance (which are worth 1div). Drop rate on Uber Uber is about 12-14%, which would mean the difference is 6-7% drop rate, or one div every 18 runs or so. Not an incredible leap, but still nice if you're crushing the boss anyway. You can farm regular Uber Elder and still make bank.

Drop rates of Ubers are through this link : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VM3sRHU7iMUzQNRlEDkLpG6ZRLMmgB8i8L-iWqFivwo

As for how to know, I looked up the wiki for the 2 or 3 mods. For pinnacle bosses, you really have to check the drop tables and read the page to fully understand mechanics, drop rates and such. Make sure to check the right wiki, the fandom one is severely outdated.

Was this your main to complete the Challenges this league?
"
chrischoi wrote:

Was this your main to complete the Challenges this league?

I League-started with Inquisitor RF and did most of the challenges on that build. I hit a brick wall at Uber bosses (and regular bosses were difficult) because of the lack of damage. Ubers would also severely delete me. I swapped to a glass cannon and... boy, do I hate playing glass cannons.

Literally found this build typing "tankest build poe" in Google. The real difficult challenges (namely the Ubers and such), I did on this build. IMHO, it's much better than RF and easier to gear for, with a lot more upgrades.
Amazing build, thank you! Did most of the challanges here with ~10 divines spent.
my "Cast While Channeling" gem is getting +1 to level from from the whispering ice staff and is now level 16. Does that break anything or am I ok to just lock it as is, or should I go level up a new one? Thanks!
Here is explained math behind the level

Don't worry too much, you are not gonna notice difference on your own. If you want, you can sell the gem + scouring orb to decrease the level of the gem by 1.

Best option would be to get awakened CwC to lvl4+.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info