[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Having a bunch of fun with this build. I do have a question about the Templar Ascendency. Does the "Can allocate passives from the Templar Starting Point" actually do anything for us? I haven't gotten it yet, but does a new node appear on the tree or something? Because otherwise I already seem to be pathing from the templar node (the mana regen + int one) so does that part of the ascendency not actually do anything?

"
Chen93 wrote:
Having a bunch of fun with this build. I do have a question about the Templar Ascendency. Does the "Can allocate passives from the Templar Starting Point" actually do anything for us? I haven't gotten it yet, but does a new node appear on the tree or something? Because otherwise I already seem to be pathing from the templar node (the mana regen + int one) so does that part of the ascendency not actually do anything?

Value from allocating a node at the start of the Templar tree comes from the Pure Talent jewel and elemental penetration gained.
"
Chen93 wrote:

The int/manaregen node you are referring to is next to Scion start. The Templar starting nodes are the ones you would start with if you were playing Templar. "Damage and Mana" and "Mana Regeneration and Life". Taking one of those 2 will activate the Templar part of the Pure Talent jewel.

My understanding is that since we have 2 last to allocate with uber lab, this is simply the best options (to have 3 passive) instead of starting another branch of the ascendacy to get 1 passive point and 20 dex+20 int
This dead league... I still don't have a good chest. The market is empty, literally 3 for sale, for insane prices. I slammed Crusader on 3 so far and failed all 3 :(

Took down the Maven. With 2.7k Int and 2 curses it took 10 minutes and 2 deaths. Haven't done her since February, out of practice. I suppose without failing the memory games it would take about 8 min with this gear. So here's a reference point.

Sirus and the Maven are two worst bosses for this build because they don't give you barely any time to damage them before they move. They are doable with 2.5k+ Int but slow. Everything else is cake.
well my only hope that in poe2 it's gona be whispering ice)
Last edited by archwerewolf on Aug 10, 2021, 12:44:27 PM
Hi, very well put together build and guide. :)

So smooth to play, I like it.

One question though.

- Why still use Second Wind with Frostblink? Looks like you still have it on?
All it does is increase manacost, right? Cooldown didnt change when I tried it and since its instant we do not get 2 uses.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
This dead league... I still don't have a good chest. The market is empty, literally 3 for sale, for insane prices. I slammed Crusader on 3 so far and failed all 3 :(

yeah...trade dead
me really lucky - 10 or 20c base with 2 free suffix and lucky slam xD after 3 fail

and my helmet got t1 only on 3rd try
"
archwerewolf wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

yeah...trade dead
me really lucky - 10 or 20c base with 2 free suffix and lucky slam xD after 3 fail

and my helmet got t1 only on 3rd try

I was kinda lucky with craft too, just used crusader on body i got in delve lol. Sad it got no flat int but decent resist is fine too.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Took down the Maven. With 2.7k Int and 2 curses it took 10 minutes and 2 deaths. Haven't done her since February, out of practice. I suppose without failing the memory games it would take about 8 min with this gear. So here's a reference point.

Sirus and the Maven are two worst bosses for this build because they don't give you barely any time to damage them before they move. They are doable with 2.5k+ Int but slow. Everything else is cake.

I'm still a way off from optimal gear, but I'm wondering at what point single target damage becomes decent; is it with the third curse? I'm currently happy to slog it out in long boss fights, as the build is fantastic for most other content, but if anyone has any industrious ideas about improving bossing speed, I'm sure we'd all benefit from them.

Thanks for putting out the great build Kelvynn, it has made this league at least somewhat enjoyable!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info