[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
foojin wrote:
Maybe use skitterbots over AA to get shock+chill auras? And Golem Commander might be nice for two golems with more effect?

We don't have free gem sockets for golems(not even for one but for two). Also skill points spent to get Golem Commander can easily be spent to get more Intelligence always.

Regarding skitterbots, i am not familiar with this new skill how can this one improve this build, can you detail please?

Hi! It summons two skitterbots, one with a shock aura and another with chilling aura with an 19% increased effect on both at 20/20 that can be increased with Unbound Ailments :)
Last edited by ZiiimZooon on Sep 6, 2019, 9:10:21 AM
steelwood stance
30% increased Damage with Staves
30% increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills while wielding a Staff
20% increased Armour
+600 Armour if you've Blocked Recently
+4% Chance to Block Attack Damage while wielding a Staff

Foresight
20 to maximum Energy Shield
14% increased maximum Energy Shield
10% increased Energy Shield Recharge Rate
would this also go for icestorm or only for the stave implizit.

arcane expanse
Spell Skills have 10% increased Area of Effect
15% increased Spell Damage
10% increased Area of Effect if you've Killed Recently
+10 to Intelligence

mystic talent
16% increased Spell Damage
+14 to maximum Energy Shield
25% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
+30 to Intelligence

Soooo many jucy things to get.

lets see how rare golden oil will be. but looks nice. Only the tower defence part will be fucking unfunny. but at least not extrem clearspeed league.
But i dont like to wait to finish that tower defence game and run around to open chests. This league mechanik is awfoul.
"
ZiiimZooon wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
foojin wrote:
Maybe use skitterbots over AA to get shock+chill auras? And Golem Commander might be nice for two golems with more effect?

We don't have free gem sockets for golems(not even for one but for two). Also skill points spent to get Golem Commander can easily be spent to get more Intelligence always.

Regarding skitterbots, i am not familiar with this new skill how can this one improve this build, can you detail please?

Hi! It summons two skitterbots, one with a shock aura and another with chilling aura with an 19% increased effect on both at 20/20 that can be increased with Unbound Ailments :)

AA chills for 30% when you get hit and also grant reduced fire and physical damage taken. I don't see how these bots would be better than AA to be honest. Kelvynn already stated that AA is active if you Cyclone in place, which happens most of the times when fighting bosses. Also shock aura i think it does nothing for this build because we don't do lightning damage.

"

mystic talent
16% increased Spell Damage
+14 to maximum Energy Shield
25% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
+30 to Intelligence

Soooo many jucy things to get.

lets see how rare golden oil will be. but looks nice. Only the tower defence part will be fucking unfunny. but at least not extrem clearspeed league.
But i dont like to wait to finish that tower defence game and run around to open chests. This league mechanik is awfoul.

This one seems decent to be enchanted and it doesn't seem to require rarest type of oil which seems to be Golden Oil:

1xAmber Oil
1xOpalescent Oil
1xSilver Oil

Foresight we already take it in the build normal pathing and the other 2 are bad/not worth.

The only problem with these notable nodes which i see is that they can only be enchanted on amulets or on Blight unique items(none of them seem to worth using with this build).

Regarding amulets, we all know best choices for this build in this order are Shaped ones with %increased attributes/+intelligence/1%damage per 15 Int then a corrupted Three Rats talisman with %increased attributes as implicit and decent affixes like +Intelligence/+ES/%increased ES/+attributes and last option corrupted Astramentis with %increased intelligence.

So for endgame, unless you selfcraft the shaped amulet/talisman or self lucky corrupt the Astramentis, would be very hard to buy one from the market with exactly the needed notable enchanted already.

Last edited by lilianmarius on Sep 6, 2019, 9:57:02 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
ZiiimZooon wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:

AA chills for 30% when you get hit and also grant reduced fire and physical damage taken. I don't see how these bots would be better than AA to be honest. Kelvynn already stated that AA is active if you Cyclone in place, which happens most of the times when fighting bosses. Also shock aura i think it does nothing for this build because we don't do lightning damage.

It means that enemies near the skitterbot is shocked and takes additional damage :)
"
foojin wrote:

Skitterbots look interesting, but nobody has seen them in action yet, so I didn't include them yet. Chilling one is useless to us since Icestorm already chills everything, but 20% shock for 35% mana reservation may be useful (then again, that would require Enlighten).

Golems are too minor for this build to bother with.
Of the notables to get with the oils, Tranquility looks the juiciest. If it works the way I think it does (increased ES grants increased damage at 30% value), that's 150-200% increased damage right there.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Of the notables to get with the oils, Tranquility looks the juiciest. If it works the way I think it does (increased ES grants increased damage at 30% value), that's 150-200% increased damage right there.

If it is like that just imagine a shaped amulet like the one I have on my Legion char - Vanilla _IceStorm (I payed on it only 12 ex if I remember well, all praise Chris Wilson for nerfing to the ground Molten Strike HOWA) enchanted with Tranquility on a 2600-2800 Intelligence char - pure ownage in a single amulet!

Last edited by lilianmarius on Sep 6, 2019, 11:05:13 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

If it is like that just imagine a shaped amulet like the one I have on my Legion char - Vanilla _IceStorm (I payed on it only 12 ex if I remember well, all praise Chris Wilson for nerfing to the ground Molten Strike HOWA) enchanted with Tranquility on a 2600-2800 Intelligence char - pure ownage in a single amulet!

I might finally go with a Shaper amulet this league too. They shouldn't be insanely expensive anymore, and Scion doesn't have the big issue with Str/Dex that the Witch had. We'll see.

As for Talismans, they are dead to us now. They are always corrupted, meaning you cannot put oils on them.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

As for Talismans, they are dead to us now. They are always corrupted, meaning you cannot put oils on them.

No, they're not! Apply the oil first, then use Jorgin 3 in Transportation to convert the amulet to a 3 Rat Talisman (1 in 7 chance I believe.)
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

No, they're not! Apply the oil first, then use Jorgin 3 in Transportation to convert the amulet to a 3 Rat Talisman (1 in 7 chance I believe.)

And what are the chances of getting the top stat mods? Not to mention farming Syndicate. I don't see that happening. Especially compared to the Shaper amulets becoming more affordable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info