[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I'm still don't get why this build is working I'm confused anymore explain about it or a stream to see this build in action?
Yo dude, this is first guide I am following. Since I am kinda new to the game.
But vet of Diablo tho..

How to get the staff? From prohpecy only?
Asking for whole days in trade chat, no one answering.
"
Dejvis96 wrote:
Yo dude, this is first guide I am following. Since I am kinda new to the game.
But vet of Diablo tho..

How to get the staff? From prohpecy only?
Asking for whole days in trade chat, no one answering.

Do not use trade chat.

Instead, use GGG's trade site. There are plenty of staves available. See https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Blight/58OKta for example.

AFAIK, the staff is not obtainable directly via prophecy. It's usually a drop, or from divination cards. Google "POE whispering ice" for more details.

Welcome to the game. You'll never be free again.
Thank you for the tips to use mines...I was using Spectral throw and it was taking forever. Enjoying the league so far...even though I am NOT actually playing. Just...erm...testing things out. :)
New video: Leveling

For lv 1-38, I went with Icicle Mine / Frost Bomb / Skitterbots because that new stuff looked fun and OP. And it is, if you like the miner play style.

I'm not a racer, so I took my time getting to lv 38 while playing with the Blight etc. By the time I got there, there was already more than 10 staves for sale for 1c. So I grabbed an ilvl 50 one, and in several jewellers hit 5S (lucky!). I was short on chromatics and could only get 4 good colors plus a red. But that was still fine. And Fortify is actually quite useful for leveling with crappy gear.

And then cycloned all the way. Around act 6-7 I got the ES leech nodes and noticed that my ES was always up and I only had to heal when I took chaos damage. So then why take chaos damage and carry life flasks?

I switched to CI at lv 58 after Cruel Izaro couldn't get through my ES either. Probably should have done it sooner. All the ES/Int uniques are dirt cheap, Doedre helm and gloves are awesome for damage, and Shav boots are the best for speed.

And then it became a cakewalk. I imagine, if you start not on day 1 and have Astramentis and a 6S staff already, then it would be completely trivial.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 8, 2019, 2:22:26 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

For lv 1-38, I went with Icicle Mine / Frost Bomb / Skitterbots because that new stuff looked fun and OP. And it is, if you like the miner play style.

I'm not a racer, so I took my time getting to lv 38 while playing with the Blight etc. By the time I got there, there was already more than 10 staves for sale for 1c. So I grabbed an ilvl 50 one, and in several jewellers hit 5S (lucky!). I was short on chromatics and could only get 4 good colors plus a red. But that was still fine. And Fortify is actually quite useful for leveling with crappy gear.

And then cycloned all the way. Around act 6-7 I got the ES leech nodes and noticed that my ES was always up and I only had to heal when I took chaos damage. So then why take chaos damage and carry life flasks?

I switched to CI at lv 58 after Cruel Izaro couldn't get through my ES either. Probably should have done it sooner. All the ES/Int uniques are dirt cheap, Doedre helm and gloves are awesome for damage, and Shav boots are the best for speed.

And then it became a cakewalk. I imagine, if you start not on day 1 and have Astramentis and a 6S staff already, then it would be completely trivial.

How is blight mechanics with this build? is it fast or slow
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Wondering the same thing !? Have you tried it on the league mechanics ?
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Wondering the same thing !? Have you tried it on the league mechanics ?

Spin-to-Win makes Blight easy. Blight gives you a 10 second window before mobs spawn, simply start spinning to build up casts of Icestorm at mob spawn points, then once they spawn they die almost instantly to the rain of White Death on them. Because they're concentrated on a single path (as opposed to Legion where they are spread out all across the map), this is very advantageous for us.
Fine , I always wanted a Cyclone build. And seeing this is a Scion build is more than good fortune. Uber elder kill while sitting almost immobile makes it something I want. This will be probably my first league to try uber elder, and I am going to try with this.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Really excited about the build and I was quite surprised when I was cycloning around and noticed that WI was still proccing at my cursor.. For some reason I thought it would proc at cyclone, but I am having a blast! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info