Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Sony servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

What meta build is using Astramentis in this league? The price on it is insane, and keeps rising. It used to be 20c on day 2 in the past, but now it's 80c! At this rate, I wonder if it will be easier to go straight for a Shaper amulet.
Notes after 2 days:

1. Spell Cascade is still good. My pre-launch tests in Standard were in T16 maps, and those are all narrow mazes. But most of the actual maps have open areas. And then there is the Blight mechanic where enemies beeline to you - perfect for SC.

2. Skitterbots are more useful than AA for mapping, I'm using them. But AA is still great for facetanking hard hitting bosses. I'm leveling it too, for Uber Lab, T16, Shaper, Uber Elder - those are the places where AA will be good.

3. There are new flask mods that look useful. I haven't seem them all yet, but these two are perfect for a ES caster tank build:
- 0.4% ES leech from spells (suffix);
- gain 1 charge for each hit you take (prefix).
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 8, 2019, 9:53:59 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"

Totally opposite experience here. Started with Frost Blades, got frustrated too. Played this until 67 - still frustrated. My gear is dogshit, I haven't dropped A SINGLE FUCKING BASALT FLASK and I sit at a whopping 2.5k ES now. If a rare even looks at me funny, I drop down. 26 deaths by now.

I hate league starts. :(

I finished leveling with 2.5k ES and did Merc lab too. Use the cheap uniques I showed in the video. I'm still using them at lv 81, only swapped Icetomb for a 1c regalia.

There are at least 2 quests that give you flasks (iirc Act 2 and Act 5). I got Basalt and Granite from them just for Izaro.

I got a Granite and I always forget about that quest that gives you a Basalt - it's the Silver Locket in Act 7. Like I said, super frustrated and didn't even think about that.

Sorry if I came of a bit rude or something, I tend to swear a lot if I get frustrated. Especially since I've been playing this game for so long now and between Blight and Legion, I haven't managed to even get one out of ten or so chars into Maps deathless - something I didn't have trouble with before.

I just need to grind down that speedbump I guess.
FINALLY IT'S LUPUS!
Having a blast with this build in the new league! Just hit Lv 65 and am surviving using some janky ass gear. I went CI around Lv 56 or so...my ES is only around 2350 but I'm doing pretty good. A few deaths here and there...getting ready for the Merc lab.

Here's my current setup:

Funny thing on my staff...I made the mistake of buying it without checking the item level (40)...but after 5 jewelers it hit 5 sockets and that made me very happy. I have a backup I'm saving until I have enough jewelers to try for a 6S.

I also noticed the insane price on Astramentis. Too rich for my blood at the moment!
"
Kelvynn wrote:
What meta build is using Astramentis in this league? The price on it is insane, and keeps rising. It used to be 20c on day 2 in the past, but now it's 80c! At this rate, I wonder if it will be easier to go straight for a Shaper amulet.

Looks like there are quite some necros using The Baron :(
I'm trying golemancer right now, and price for primordial chain amulet is absurd too.
It used to be on the level of 1c last league, in that league they are asking 1ex for it, wow

I guess it's because there were only 10 of them on the market yesterday. I think it's the same for astramentis - market isn't filled enough to lower prices.
Well shoot. I had enough chaos to buy a bunch of Polymath cards when they were 7c each. Just like I didn't buy Amazon when it went public...

I normally go rare > polymath/astramentis > 3 rats > shaper amulets, but since I snarfed an okay 3 rats on day 1, I stopped looking at the polymath prices. Ah well.

-----------------

A blighted mausoleum map dropped for me. Wow. I lasted about 2 minutes.

The big issue I had was that clicking the towers isn't instant... took way too much time to upgrade them.

I think we're probably going to need to use the Exceptional Performance cluster (or anoint it.)

-----------------

It appears that the rare ring anoints are not that useful -- only the amulets (and the special uniques) can be anointed with the good notables. Rats. There goes my plan to have a 100 int uncorrupted ring.
Last edited by Graiaule on Sep 9, 2019, 3:40:07 AM
What's the best gems to add quality and in what order ? I guess cold penetration and the support gems are first ?
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
They changed vaal mods again? Fortify on the staff would be lovely!

Pretty sure that in 3.7 they were already present.
I was in golemancer thread, and there were dude that linked two-handed mace as option instead of linking main setup in maim-chest. And it was corrupted into "linked with fortify".
I also was like "WUT", and checked wiki. Yeah, staffs can also be corrupted into "linked with fortify". Not gonna change much, but it's incredible QoL for this build, pretty much perma fortify without minding that vigilant strike.
Only 3 days in league and i hate it soooo much.
that fucking tower defence clon is totaly fucking bad. Normaly i plan a tower defence root and then i start and look how my towers work. Here you only choose one or two types, no chance to have an overview as you cant zoom out enought and then i cyclone throught the mobs need to klick the tower to upgrade need to go down and up to see the stinges as the zoom is limited you know.......

fucking bad idea for me in a aarpg.

The WI is smother then ever the lvl is really much better as the mines lvling was the fastest i ever had also i needed to learn the playstyle and for endgame i dont like it really. But for lvl was great.
Now i am in act 8 near 9 and thats for my playtime really fast. I ignore all casia encounter as you know its fucking bullshit implemented.

was lucky do get a cyclopean belt unid for 4 c and its 14 % :-) in seems really good this league, dmg looks more spikey as in league bevor. But perhaps only my purpose as i played a stun build last league and its not a good idea not to icestorm a bit bevor cycloning in a mob groop :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info