[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I'll use cold towers on places that just need to be slowed down for me when goaltending a pair of far apart lanes. Once I get the resources actually spent into 3+ flame towers and an empowerment tower, that part of the area handles itself around 80% of the time. Giving it a look every now and then to make sure a rare or some runners didn't bleed through is all it really takes, and that can be handled with a minion tower if applicable.

Cold/Stun towers definitely have their value, especially against bosses/uniques, but to me I find going really hard on them to be kind of a losing proposition for WI. Using towers as pseudo party members who can blow up packs is a more efficient use of resources since it takes time for the Ice Storms to build up in a location, and doing that means they're thinning out in another spot.

Minion towers are great on the whole, but their counter portal being 'these literally do nothing' is rough. Even if fire/shock/stun immune portals spawn, those towers generally have the range to do target other things while minions tend to feebly swing at passing rhoas or skeletons.
Good points. Icestorm already chills and does cold damage. And the minions - yeah... I shouldn't have trusted ZiggyD too much on those ;)
Thanks for sharing...I've just been selecting things randomly and tanking the mobs. Works 95% of the time. I did notice that the minions aren't that helpful.
This is a very fun and good build. Only problem I have is that it tanks the fps if I spin too long.
Long time diablo player.
Last edited by Andareas on Sep 10, 2019, 2:50:02 PM
now 4 days in league its not better then bevore.

cyclone works really good have 6 s staff and 4700 es and 1500 int. was really lucky this league first stuff 5s with 8 jew and the 6 link only 43 jew. belt for 4 c.

finished act 10 and now in maps tier4. all smooth. but the problem with the tower defence is the same. clicking not allways get tower, clicking and cycloning dont work if there is one lane or two its not a problem if there are more lanes there is no chance to not loose the pump.

found one blight map but dont do it since there are to many crashs in reddit. And if kelvin fail i not even think to try it :-(

i make delve and a little blight in low maps. But think in high tier maps the dmg isnt good enought so i play boss killing since there are a lot of master mission you get.
"
now 4 days in league its not better then before.

It's only been four days. Give your gear some time to get better!

It's really nice that there's a hard challenge here for once. Last league I was just sleeping through T15 maps.

And yes I am beginning to see you can't just click the towers at random. At the moment, I'm running at a 90% success rate for blights in maps, and 0% for blighted maps 8-).

Last edited by Graiaule on Sep 10, 2019, 4:15:52 PM
Thanks for the guide!
I got one question for you;
Wouldn't it be better using Frostbolt instead of Ball Lightning? Maybe with greater multiple projectiles support?
"
Efotia wrote:
Thanks for the guide!
I got one question for you;
Wouldn't it be better using Frostbolt instead of Ball Lightning? Maybe with greater multiple projectiles support?

Frostbolt hits only the targets in its direct path, and only once. Ball Lightning hits everything around it as it flies, 5 times per second. That's great for applying the curses, and it gets even better if you get your hands on a Watcher's Eye with the ES gain on hit mod.
Alright, I finally managed to get some better gear after a short session tonight - now sitting at comfortable 5.1k ES at Level 78, got my flasks sorted(-ish) and I actually managed to get a 6s staff as well! Lucky break, as I hit it in like 30 Jewellers.

I didn't quite hit the 4B2G - I got 1 red socket instead of a green, which allows me to run Fortify linked to Cyclone. Gotta say, that feels pretty safe right now.

One question that popped up - I remembered that one of the old versions of this build took Whispers of Doom for a triple curse setup. I was thinking of keeping Fortify in my setup as a defensive option and get the Tri-Cursing going, with Elemental Weakness as the third option (or maybe Temp Chains to get even more defensive).

Thoughts on that?
FINALLY IT'S LUPUS!
"
One question that popped up - I remembered that one of the old versions of this build took Whispers of Doom for a triple curse setup. I was thinking of keeping Fortify in my setup as a defensive option and get the Tri-Cursing going, with Elemental Weakness as the third option (or maybe Temp Chains to get even more defensive).

Thoughts on that?

To go 3-curse, you'd need a 6L chest and 3 skill points OR don't anoint Tranquility.

But for 4 points (or just instead of AA) you can have Aspect of the Spider, which is basically TC + EW combined.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info