[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
lemerok wrote:
Hi, very well put together build and guide. :)

So smooth to play, I like it.

One question though.

- Why still use Second Wind with Frostblink? Looks like you still have it on?
All it does is increase manacost, right? Cooldown didnt change when I tried it and since its instant we do not get 2 uses.

I have 2 free sockets at the moment. Nothing good to do with them. 1 will get used when I get a 6L regalia and 3rd curse. The other one I was thinking maybe Enlighten lv 4 and drop Sovereignty. But what they did with Enlighten in this league... not very likely. Will probably just keep Portal instead.
"
tomc33 wrote:
I'm still a way off from optimal gear, but I'm wondering at what point single target damage becomes decent; is it with the third curse? I'm currently happy to slog it out in long boss fights, as the build is fantastic for most other content, but if anyone has any industrious ideas about improving bossing speed, I'm sure we'd all benefit from them.

That depends on your idea of 'decent' and also against what target.

For many people the damage of this build vs Sirus can never be considered decent, just because Icestorm takes a couple of seconds to stack up, and by then Sirus is already starting his next move.

For others being slow on Sirus is just fine as long as you can do the stuff in the Uncharted video and be virtually unkillable in maps. After all, how many times a day are you planning to kill Sirus? Nobody would pick this build for a Sirus carry.

The noticeable increases in damage are:
- around 2k Int when you start clearing all maps by just walking thru them;
- when you switch to the cluster version;
- around 2.5k Int it becomes enough to kill Sirus AL8 without too many deaths;
- around 2.9k Int when you can farm Sirus and Maven routinely. the 3rd curse is normally obtained by that point too.
Question: You mention Ethereal Feast when talking about anointment. But on the classic version, Ethereal Feast is not picked. Do you recommend going out to get it for someone who is still in early mapping? (Around T5-T8) and more or less beginner at the game (second season only)
"
Plomino wrote:
Question: You mention Ethereal Feast when talking about anointment. But on the classic version, Ethereal Feast is not picked. Do you recommend going out to get it for someone who is still in early mapping? (Around T5-T8) and more or less beginner at the game (second season only)

Ethereal Feast is only needed for tanking bosses that do high sustained DPS for at least a few seconds: The Shaper (beam), Eradicator, sometimes Minotaur (depending on the mods). You won't encounter any of those in early mapping. Later on, you can either anoint Ethereal Feast or just move around some more. It's not necessary for the build. Light Eater and Heart of Ice provide enough leech.
Thank you very much for the answer :) !... And I have another question now haha.
Zealot's oath applies life regen to the ES. However none of the gear you recommend typically has life regen on it.
On your POB lionks, you recommend the life regen without zealot's oath is typically at 0.1 (or plain 0). So is there an interaction I am not aware of that requires zealot's oath?
"
Plomino wrote:
Thank you very much for the answer :) !... And I have another question now haha.
Zealot's oath applies life regen to the ES. However none of the gear you recommend typically has life regen on it.
On your POB lionks, you recommend the life regen without zealot's oath is typically at 0.1 (or plain 0). So is there an interaction I am not aware of that requires zealot's oath?

You get little %hp regen/s, Shaper gives 1% and there are few small nodes you can take instead of max mana right when you leave scion start. Chaos Inoculation makes your max hp 1. But with Zealot's Oath that regen becomes ES regen and is based of your max ES. So if you have 1 hp and 10k ES, without ZO you see regen of 0.01hp/s, but with ZO it goes to 100 ES/s.

Back when we used to stand still taking hits from bosses more, Soul of Tukohama was used for extra damage reduction and you got some regen from there too.
"
Plomino wrote:

As scion you are basically always under effect of consecrated ground. Thats 6% life regen per second which becomes 6% es regen with ZO. So i'd say its not bad for 1 point.
Last edited by za6i9ka on Aug 11, 2021, 7:28:08 PM
I have 2.2k int atm, need an advice. My chest is only 5link with %inc int.
My question is whether I should invest in the cluster version of the build or spend it on the chest. 2 Split Personalities with Int+ES cost around 7ex ea. Is it worth? Or on my level of progression in build you prefer to take int+ER or another mode?
"
langtoyeshe wrote:
I have 2.2k int atm, need an advice. My chest is only 5link with %inc int.
My question is whether I should invest in the cluster version of the build or spend it on the chest. 2 Split Personalities with Int+ES cost around 7ex ea. Is it worth? Or on my level of progression in build you prefer to take int+ER or another mode?

Imo, 1st thing you should do - make both your rings 20q and buy uncorrupted cyclopean with 15% attr and make it 20q too for 18% attr. I was running 5l body till like 2.7k int and it was fine. You should also check pob, maybe its worth taking t1 flat int body with open suffix and crafting 6% attributes on it (compared to the 1 you're using now). As for split personality, just take cheap versions with int+whatever first i guess since its pretty big int boost. Getting some int+str and int+dex splits may not be a bad idea if you're planning to make double influenced amulet to replace your astramentis any soon too.
Last edited by za6i9ka on Aug 12, 2021, 2:26:31 PM
Why am i struggling killing random small bosses thrue story when i got a 6 socket staff "the AOE setup 2 green 4 blue " cyclone is linked with CwC and i got tabula .. i got correct colors + gems in boots helmet gloves also + i have all unique jewels ready to put in soon as i unluck more jewel sockets in tree.
i have done normal lab and i am lvl 42 almost 43 and its aids to level atm.

feels like i am cycloning around not creating any blizzards at all.. i am proccing nothing.. and then i get 1 blziz storm and dps is like.. ok "currently at 720 int almost" .
Last edited by KGF on Aug 12, 2021, 2:36:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info