Why so much hate again Cosmetic MTX in D4?

Paying for extra content in already 40euro game..

The greediness of activision has no end.

I will absolutely NEVER buy such game.

If the game has payed cosmetics it should be free to play..
Last edited by Ivanovv83 on Aug 30, 2022, 1:51:25 PM
I'm completely out of the loop, haven't played poe in super long. But why the fck are blizzard adding cosmetics to diablo 4 when in diablo 3 you didn't need to pay to change the look of your gear? Blizzard has fell off big time especially if their cosmetic system is on par with poe (f2p game)
"
ColeTrunks wrote:
I'm completely out of the loop, haven't played poe in super long. But why the fck are blizzard adding cosmetics to diablo 4 when in diablo 3 you didn't need to pay to change the look of your gear?
Blizzard was bought out by Activision and they replaced everyone. This is not the same company and I don't call it Blizzard anymore, I call it Activision since they're in charge and they make all the decisions. Activision has been a terrible company for a long time and ruins everything they touch. It's run by businessmen who don't understand games or how to create value. All they can do is find ways to screw you out of extra pennies by exploiting any dirty trick they can find while ruining any intellectual property they can acquire for the fans. I have incredibly low expectations for D4 and I will probably still be disappointed.
"
Cleverbeans wrote:
"
ColeTrunks wrote:
I'm completely out of the loop, haven't played poe in super long. But why the fck are blizzard adding cosmetics to diablo 4 when in diablo 3 you didn't need to pay to change the look of your gear?
Blizzard was bought out by Activision and they replaced everyone. This is not the same company and I don't call it Blizzard anymore, I call it Activision since they're in charge and they make all the decisions. Activision has been a terrible company for a long time and ruins everything they touch. It's run by businessmen who don't understand games or how to create value. All they can do is find ways to screw you out of extra pennies by exploiting any dirty trick they can find while ruining any intellectual property they can acquire for the fans. I have incredibly low expectations for D4 and I will probably still be disappointed.

Yes but will you buy and play? If so what is the point of viture signaling disdain?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
TBH I couldn't care less what MTX any paid game has on offer if it's purely fluff. If there's no gameplay/content/etc gated behind any of it, it seems fine to me. It's not as though Blizz has fallen down an MTX rabbit hole they'll never get out of like EA has with their online games.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Last time they mentioned cosmetic armour sets, lots of them can be unlocked for free just by playing the game. They showed some examples how they look like and they look really nice in comparison to payed cosmetics in regards of details or style.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Nov 21, 2022, 4:55:53 AM
"
gandhar0 wrote:
Last time they mentioned cosmetic armour sets, lots of them can be unlocked for free just by playing the game. They showed some examples how they look like and they look really nice in comparison to payed cosmetics in regards of details or style.

It works just like D3 where you can transmog items to look like anything you've previously found except in D4 you have to salvage the item at the blacksmith instead instead of just acquiring it before before you can use it in the wardrobe. The paid cosmetics that have been on display do look good and maybe a touch better than the regular items but free items compare favourably to the paid cosmetic sets and are for the most part aesthetically pleasing, much more so than in POE.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Nov 21, 2022, 9:47:38 AM
As I said in the other thread, cosmetic mtxes are a part of the game as product/service hybrid now and have been for years really. There is no unmaking this soup. I'll take them over pseudo-cosmetic mtxes (i.e. storage) any day, especially if the in-game look is already pretty good. I honestly never understood skins in Overwatch 1, for example -- game looked just fine, AND since it was first person, you almost never got to appreciate them for yourself anyway. They were like those old skin mods we used for Quake 2 -- Homer Simpson riddling a crackwhore with bullets was purely to amuse other players.

Extensive in-game transmog/customisation options are also a big plus, and in a game as product/service hybrid really should be standard. The Fashion game is a white whale for the game as service, a sort of begrudgingly-acknowledged child of the service model that might not be as smart as the Raids or as hardcore as the 'hard mode' but is nonetheless integral to keeping players coming back and spending/supporting/subbing. Final Fantasy XIV is the obvious example here, but hardly the only one.

Your character in D4 is probably not going to look cheap or deprived even if you never buy a single cosmetic mtx, so eh, I have no idea who buys them...but clearly someone does. So as something completely optional, I see nothing wrong with it. Then again I said the same thing about PoE's mtxes back in 2012 so what the fuck do I know.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 21, 2022, 7:39:55 PM
"

Your character in D4 is probably not going to look cheap or deprived even if you never buy a single cosmetic mtx, so eh, I have no idea who buys them...but clearly someone does. So as something completely optional, I see nothing wrong with it. Then again I said the same thing about PoE's mtxes back in 2012 so what the fuck do I know.

What if they are mandatory. Then you realise they are selling Outrageously Overpriced Products to rich and affluent people because they can afford it. What If a Shop Vendor Sells a Grossly Overpriced Piece of Merchandise? It affects everyone and relative position compared to others. That is how you get Cosmetics are more important than the product nonsense. There are development teams entirely devoted to Cosmetics. If they are really non-essential why are so much resources devoted to making them? Luxury goods Make great profit with packaging and marketing. Peasant are not very good-looking and nobles are wealthy and beautiful? If cosmetics are Luxury goods then it wouldn't be affordable for the rest, would it?

Again, not that such problems never exist before, but rather a social phenomenon that would become more predominant.
Last edited by awesome999 on Nov 22, 2022, 1:06:53 AM
"
awesome999 wrote:

What if they are mandatory. Then you realise they are selling Outrageously Overpriced Products to rich and affluent people because they can afford it

Optional cosmetic mandatory? For whom? And why?

Achievement based mtx, mounts, and rare uniques/sets are going to be better than optional paid skins anyways.

It's a win win for both whales with money, and for the Devs to support live service. As lomg as as they dont design armor to look like absolute ass without skins this is totally fine.

Spoiler
PoE is actually lousy in this area. The base armor skins are really really bad.

As a side note, I rather enjoyed a brief comment in one the interviews where they said you wont have to pay extra for stash space like you do in some games. I was amused.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Nov 23, 2022, 1:40:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info