Why so much hate again Cosmetic MTX in D4?

To me it seems, assuming that the leaked survey about D4 being cosmetic mtx only is real and that wont change on release, it seems more ethical that current poe and heres my reasoning:

Diablo IV ha premium currency (Platinum) that can buy you cosmetics
PoE has premium currency (coins) that can buy you cosmetics, QoL features that can be at worst considered p2w (premium stash tabs) and finally entire game mode (private leagues)

Diablo IV has a free battle pass for cosmetic rewards and an option to upgrade it to premium with Platinum to get more cosmetics.
PoE has a premium battle pass (Kirac's Vault Pass) that has no free version.

So far personally most negative things i have heard about Diablo IV is that daily log in rewards promotes "FOMO" and i think thats not even a problem for lots of people.

P.S I think TencentGGG gets away with lots of negativity because PoE is free to play but i think they have really lost that card already, they are no longer that indie company most wanted to support and they have monetized everything else except the core game itself.
Last edited by Tuomari on Aug 18, 2022, 10:12:55 AM
Last bumped on Jan 15, 2023, 2:31:55 AM
"
Tuomari wrote:
PoE is free to play but i think they have really lost that card already, they are no longer that indie company most wanted to support and they have monetized everything else except the core game itself.
not true you can't buy gear or exp or anything else that make u win the game.

and nothing wrong with mtx in it self. think most people probabl think D4 is doing a bad thing because everything is paid like the base game the dlc's the mtx and probably add p2w content out there as well cause well diablo.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
satanttin wrote:
"
Tuomari wrote:
PoE is free to play but i think they have really lost that card already, they are no longer that indie company most wanted to support and they have monetized everything else except the core game itself.

and nothing wrong with mtx in it self. think most people probabl think D4 is doing a bad thing because everything is paid like the base game the dlc's the mtx and probably add p2w content out there as well cause well diablo.

It's true that you can't but exp or gear with real money BUT with premium stash tabs you can trade much easier and it also speeds up your game if you have special stash tabs like currency so you don't have to stop and play inventory tetris.

So its more like pay to have advantage over players that don't have Premium stash tabs. Im not sure if i could even play this game anymore if i only had access to 4 normal stash tabs
Last edited by Tuomari on Aug 18, 2022, 10:22:58 AM
Daily Login rewards are completely annoying. I don't want to feel "punished" for going camping.

Beyond that, zero problem with their model. It's practically 'less predatory' than PoE. There's no issue, people just want to hate on Blizz cuz it's the cool thing to do. Very much looking forward to D4. :)
"
Tuomari wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:
"
Tuomari wrote:

It's true that you can't but exp or gear with real money BUT with premium stash tabs you can trade much easier and it also speeds up your game if you have special stash tabs like currency so you don't have to stop and play inventory tetris.

So its more like pay to have advantage over players that don't have Premium stash tabs. Im not sure if i could even play this game anymore if i only had access to 4 normal stash tabs

A Blizz dev made a snarky comment about not having to buy stash space with money. PoE isnt the only game with paid tabs, but imo that was a direct shot. I'm looking forward to this competition that's about to unfold.

Anyways, PoE stash tabs, and all their variations, is most assuredly NOT COSMETIC.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Aug 18, 2022, 10:30:46 AM
"
Gescom wrote:
Daily Login rewards are completely annoying. I don't want to feel "punished" for going camping.

Beyond that, zero problem with their model. It's practically 'less predatory' than PoE. There's no issue, people just want to hate on Blizz cuz it's the cool thing to do. Very much looking forward to D4. :)

I see your point about missing a free reward feeling "punishing" but in my personal opinion i would want free stuff in form of daily log ins with a chance that sometimes i would feel that punishing feeling for missing out than nothing at all.

Also technically just not playing aRPG's like poe and Diablo can feel punishing because your missing all that potential loot you could be getting if you would just play, thats one reason league starts are so popular, get currency and gear fast you can sell them to the late starters for premium later!
Last edited by Tuomari on Aug 18, 2022, 10:39:40 AM
I heard rumors about a 2 or 7 day "head start" in D4. Not sure it's true. But if you can pay to get a head start in every season, critiquing the advantages you get from payed stash tabs seem unreasonable to me.

Personally, I will always view MTXes in a full priced game as something unnecessary and negative (call it a cash grab, if you'd like), especially if they will charge you for future updates too. That goes for all full priced games, not D4 in particular.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I will not waste any cash on a game that will have a high retail price AND a mtx-shop.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Tuomari wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:
"
Tuomari wrote:

pretty sure trading makes it slower. since when u don't trade at all u can just play the game without having to stop.
and u can't win anything in this game so saying premium tabs is p2w is kind of dumb if u ask me xd
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
Phrazz wrote:
I heard rumors about a 2 or 7 day "head start" in D4. Not sure it's true. But if you can pay to get a head start in every season, critiquing the advantages you get from payed stash tabs seem unreasonable to me.

Oh like streamer priority queue? But seriously im pretty sure that's only for the core game.

Though head start would indeed give advantage to those players but considering it's completely new game im not sure how much those people really gain from that head start.

Though it would be better that there would not be a head start option at all so it would be fair for everyone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info