Why so much hate again Cosmetic MTX in D4?

"
Raycheetah wrote:
People are still beating the "PoE is P2W 'cause stash tabs" horse?

Look. Either GGG limits everybody to 4 tabs, and that's it, or they make more tabs available. If they make more tabs available, how do they set the limit?

GGG chose to sell additional stash tabs in a variety of types, and that's the business model that has netted them most of their revenue, as I understand it. So, if you like PoE actually turning a profit and remaining online and growing in terms of features and such, then stash tab sales are an important part of that.

On the other hand, if selling stash tabs makes GGG "teh debbil," what the hell are you still doing here? GGG isn't gonna stop selling stash tabs, and will prolly offend you in other ways (if they haven't already), so find a better game whose business model you prefer and play that, instead of concern-trolling this forum for the umpteenth time. All you're doing after all this time is stirring the shit for the sake of it. That, alone, should be against the PoE "Code of Conduct," as it fosters an unnecessarily contentious environment.

Because no one here is under any illusions that you concern trolls honestly care about PoE. ='[.]'=

I care about this game, i like this game but it has lots of flaws which should not be dismissed.

I have never asked GGG to stop selling premium stash tabs and im in no way "concern-trolling"

To me it seems your the one here trolling and acting toxic. Don't like the conversation? go somewhere else.
"
Tuomari wrote:

I care about this game, i like this game but it has lots of flaws which should not be dismissed.

I have never asked GGG to stop selling premium stash tabs and im in no way "concern-trolling"

Then why are you responding to my post? =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Tuomari wrote:

Then why are you responding to my post? =9[.]9=

I find it kinda ironic that you reply to someone elses forum posts and then find it weird they respond to you..

Anyways i guess we can just agree to disagree about our opinion about TencentGGG and go out seperate ways.

Though you seem to have a strong opinion about defending TencentGGG considering you seem to have like $1000 worth of supporter packs maybe buyers remorse and you will do anything to defend the game and therefor convince yourself that you dident waste your money to Chinese supported company.
"
gandhar0 wrote:
Blizzad is still new in running life service games in the aRPG/H&S genre to the same extent that GGG does since one decade with fresh new content & mechanics.

Sure they maintained D2 for 20 years and D3 for 10 but only maintaining will not rake in lots of money from the ingame shop if superficial/watered down/small seasons are not well received.

It depends how large the base game is, if D4 is ''huge' like it seems to be then new seasosn won't have to include as much content since the base game already provides lots of replayability by itself. Just a new season theme on top of it could be enough to keep the playerbase engaged every 3 months.

From the recent quarterly update:
"

The scale of Diablo IV Seasons is much more ambitious than what we've done in the past on Diablo III, with a large development team dedicated to Seasons after launch. Diablo IV will be supported by an army of developers for years to come.

D2/D3 are linear games and so is currently POE, you progress through the campaign and then engage in the ''endgame'' which is still whitin confined boundaries. D4 on the other hand is open world and by the looks of it is going to be massive in scale, that creates a more dynamic experience by itself hence why additonal content might not be as necessary to keep the playerbase hooked.

From the recent blog they talking about stuff that imho shows an improved version of POE's cosmetic system, the inclusion of a 3D preview window before you buy the stuff(GGG should imho take notes, this is the most ethical thing to do and has been requested for a long time).

Another thing from the Dev blog is the inclusion of ''live events'' during seasons, that sounds very interesting and will defintely help keep the game more alive and fresh:

"
An example of a live event might be the warning of an impending invasion of the Drowned, which may last a weekend, or the arrival of a strange peddler amidst the crags of the Dry Steppes. These events provide gateways to new adventures and unique rewards.

"
Tuomari wrote:

Though you seem to have a strong opinion about defending TencentGGG considering you seem to have like $1000 worth of supporter packs maybe buyers remorse and you will do anything to defend the game and therefor convince yourself that you dident waste your money to Chinese supported company.

Or, mebbe, and just hear me out... I really enjoy the game and am happy to support it, and consider anyone who bitches about the Chinese angle to be a colossal hypocrite if they don't entirely eschew any Chinese-owned businesses and their products (a near-impossibility these days). =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Tuomari wrote:

Or, mebbe, and just hear me out... I really enjoy the game and am happy to support it, and consider anyone who bitches about the Chinese angle to be a colossal hypocrite if they don't entirely eschew any Chinese-owned businesses and their products (a near-impossibility these days). =^[.]^=

Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better i guess.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Well, looks like the Diablo 4 cosmetics seem to be in a good place.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23816415/diablo-iv-quarterly-update-august-2022

Just had a chance to read through this. If they actually stick to that plan, its pretty positive imo
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Just had a chance to read through this. If they actually stick to that plan, its pretty positive imo

Agreed! Looks very fair and balanced.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
PoE doesn't charge AAA costs at the door.
"
casper0010 wrote:
PoE doesn't charge AAA costs at the door.

I would prefer real Path of Exile 2 as a AAA cost game if it was fully new/fresh game instead of getting Path of Exile 4.0 as free expansion that ads new mechanics, more bloat to the current end game and new campaign that gets boring/old real fast like the current one did.

To be honest i will still play PoE 4.0 when it comes out but like i said i would prefer completely new game with only features coming from PoE 1 is cosmetics so people who bought them wont feel like they wasted their money for nothing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info