Why so much hate again Cosmetic MTX in D4?

D4 is going to be just another reroll of the Diablo Immoral money making scheme... COUNT ON IT.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
Tuomari wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
I heard rumors about a 2 or 7 day "head start" in D4. Not sure it's true. But if you can pay to get a head start in every season, critiquing the advantages you get from payed stash tabs seem unreasonable to me.

Oh like streamer priority queue? But seriously im pretty sure that's only for the core game.

Though head start would indeed give advantage to those players but considering it's completely new game im not sure how much those people really gain from that head start.

Though it would be better that there would not be a head start option at all so it would be fair for everyone.
considering u can get max level and fully geared in day 1/2 from scratch in D3 it could be huge x'D
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
Phrazz wrote:
I heard rumors about a 2 or 7 day "head start" in D4. Not sure it's true

The "German Leak" did have an early access provision with the game bundle initial release. This staggered timeframe is meant to alleviate server strain which is a hard thing to estimate on a massive title like this. It wont be (as it looks now) to be a seasonal thing, but a launch thing.

Also there is no reason to dance around on the PoE tabs. Its monetized QoL, not cosmetic, and it's somewhat advantageous vs players that dont have it. Certainly not P2W, but again, not cosmetic either.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Aug 18, 2022, 10:51:28 AM
Here we go again.......

PoE is completely free. And when it says free it means it, unlike other games. Every bit of content released is completely free. The MTX are overpriced, but not mandatory and do not grant any advantage. The only negative you can say about it is the stash tabs; which are NOT pay to win, but pay for convenience ( I do not trade so I can't speak on that). But let's say you end up buying 30$ worth of tabs.....the game transforma from Free to Play to Buy to play, at half the AAA game price. And you don't need more than 30$ ofc tabs...unless you're an insane hoarder.

Now in to D4. Not only do you need to pay 60-70$ for the game, you also have an MTX shop, and a battle pass. Talk about greedy. Now, if everything is 100% cosmetic and the game does not constantly advertise the in game shop, personally I can ignore that. But Bluzzard already showed their colours with Diablo Immortal so I have bellow 0 expectations.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Also there is no reason to dance around on the PoE tabs. Its monetized QoL, not cosmetic, and it's somewhat advantageous vs players that dont have it. Certainly not P2W, but again, not cosmetic either.

Oh, I'm not dancing around it, I totally agree that it's advantageous. I'm just comparing here, and IF you could buy yourself a seven day head start in Diablo 4 each league, I would call the hypocrite card again, if people are critiquing stash tabs in PoE, while letting the head start thing slide. But if it's just a release thing, it's still "advantageous", but not as bad.

"
lupasvasile wrote:
Now in to D4. Not only do you need to pay 60-70$ for the game, you also have an MTX shop...

What we've learned from the other threads: An AAA price tag is (apparently) irrelevant. It's totally OK for AAA priced games to be just as aggressive in their push of MTXes as F2P games. What also seem to be irrelevant, is that a F2P game relies on selling MTXes, while a full priced game does not; it just does it because 'why not, we could use some extra income'. The last thing we've learned, is that PoE's monetization sucks, while Diablo 4 alleged monetization is OK... Because... They charge you full rpice for the game AND full price for their expansions.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Aug 18, 2022, 11:37:38 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
and IF you could buy yourself a seven day head start in Diablo 4 each league, I would call the hypocrite card again

100% agree. If the "headstart" is paid every league, that's bs and shady af.

I took it as an early access launch provision.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
To quote Quin

"At least they're milking us in an ethical way"

The more important part is how good each individual season is to justify buying any premium season pass tiers for cosmetic armour sets.

The cosmetic shop theoretically allows for bigger seasons ,with more content/mechanics, but it has to be seen to which extent they put that extra funding to use.

Blizzad is still new in running life service games in the aRPG/H&S genre to the same extent that GGG does since one decade with fresh new content & mechanics.

Sure they maintained D2 for 20 years and D3 for 10 but only maintaining will not rake in lots of money from the ingame shop if superficial/watered down/small seasons are not well received.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Aug 18, 2022, 4:08:15 PM
Well, looks like the Diablo 4 cosmetics seem to be in a good place.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23816415/diablo-iv-quarterly-update-august-2022
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Well, looks like the Diablo 4 cosmetics seem to be in a good place.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23816415/diablo-iv-quarterly-update-august-2022

"Diablo IV will be a full-price game with a Cosmetics Shop and Season Pass—none of which provide any pay-for-power options."

Yup, sounds good to me
People are still beating the "PoE is P2W 'cause stash tabs" horse?

Look. Either GGG limits everybody to 4 tabs, and that's it, or they make more tabs available. If they make more tabs available, how do they set the limit?

GGG chose to sell additional stash tabs in a variety of types, and that's the business model that has netted them most of their revenue, as I understand it. So, if you like PoE actually turning a profit and remaining online and growing in terms of features and such, then stash tab sales are an important part of that.

On the other hand, if selling stash tabs makes GGG "teh debbil," what the hell are you still doing here? GGG isn't gonna stop selling stash tabs, and will prolly offend you in other ways (if they haven't already), so find a better game whose business model you prefer and play that, instead of concern-trolling this forum for the umpteenth time. All you're doing after all this time is stirring the shit for the sake of it. That, alone, should be against the PoE "Code of Conduct," as it fosters an unnecessarily contentious environment.

Because no one here is under any illusions that you concern trolls honestly care about PoE. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info