Enabling the Trade Site for Console Players

This is just all around terrible. What a complete joke.

Instead of working towards a good trade system that actually works for everyone you decided to double down on a pathetically bad design and intentionally make it complete garbage for everyone instead? Even worse is the fact that you are treating your players base like idiots trying to make this out to be a good thing when just about everyone and their mothers who don't even play know how bad this system is.

CW sits there and jokes about how bad and aged things like beyond have become in 8 years while completely ignoring the fact that major systems like trade are older and have aged far far worse. If we put it in his terms...all of those "brand deposits" GGG makes might as well be tossed in a dumpster and set on fire with their stubborn refusal to accept reality and fix obviously broken systems in the game.
This is beyond dumb, and further proof GGG does not play the game on console.

Console players typically play on a on a couch, without a second screen. So now I need to either swap to MS edge in my Xbox, keep my laptop next to me at all times, or use whatever browser is on my phone or tablet to make trades?

The 'element of friction' or whatever stupid way you want to phrase it already breaks immersion, but now you want us to have to plug in wireless keyboards into our consoles to reply to someone? Because using chat in a gamepad is already terrible.

Here I was thinking things were getting better and I JUST bought a supporter pack last night. I'll be looking to refund this ASAP.
It is BAD news.
There are so many mistakes in this decision, but I'm going to highlight just one purely as a player. Removing an independent ingame mechanic and moving it to a third party is completely awful, mainly for console since we DO NOT have easy access to other apps, the console browser and cellphone answer looks like a joke to be honest. Also, the typing is just not efficient and that's the nature of it. This will be forcing us to use things we DO NOT want to use, that's why we are console players after all! This could be the reason players drop the game for good. Please reconsider.
"
sterben1994 wrote:
trading on console so much better than pc

who want to trade 1c item when you are doing map and guys keep spamming whispers
just look at this all step you should to for trade 1c
1-get out the map
2-invite the guy
3-find item
4-click on profile for trading
5-put the gear and accepting
imagine between this steps guys stuck in loading screen or......
how much time you waste for trade 1c item and awful is
so many time i just ignore ppl whisper for 2c-10c item because not worth the time or...

but in console all you should do is just open your offers and accept that's it you done and how quick is that

for years i really hope they bring console trade for pc not take backwards steps for destroying console.....

dont do this GGG you gonna lose so much player on console

PC trade system is so BAAAAAAAAAAAD

Don't be ridiculous.
If it's a cheap item and I'm mid map/delve, I just message back "in map/delve can sell after" and invite - most people will wait.
Never had a problem trading on PC, either selling or buying.
Sure often those selling the cheapest items won't respond but thats because they are trying to price fix, just buy one for a few chaos more and yu will usually get a reply.

Another benefit from this is that the console market is horribly over priced currently. If the markets can merge, much better gear for much better prices will be available to console players.
"
YouAreStoopud wrote:
This is beyond dumb, and further proof GGG does not play the game on console.

Console players typically play on a on a couch, without a second screen. So now I need to either swap to MS edge in my Xbox, keep my laptop next to me at all times, or use whatever browser is on my phone or tablet to make trades?

The 'element of friction' or whatever stupid way you want to phrase it already breaks immersion, but now you want us to have to plug in wireless keyboards into our consoles to reply to someone? Because using chat in a gamepad is already terrible.

Here I was thinking things were getting better and I JUST bought a supporter pack last night. I'll be looking to refund this ASAP.

+1 I wish I could refund the 1500 or so dollars I put into this game. I guess I can always try. Mark my words, when or if they move to poe trade only it will be so bad they will have to revert it back.
So instead of actually improving trade, you're going to subject console players to the same annoyances of trade that PC/Mac players have been dealing with.

That certainly seems like a step backwards. "Oh, hey, on your PS4, make sure you open your PS4 web browser and go out of our game, stop playing our game, and spend an uncertain amount of time, depending on what you want to buy, to make a single trade."

"Then repeat that hundreds of times, possibly, through a league's lifespan."

The largest problem with trade in it's current state is three fold:
First, there's tutorials for almost everything EXCEPT trade. New players are not given any information on how trade works OTHER than the fact that there's a trade channel.

Second, the trade channel is spammy and often scammy. Exalts going for 150 chaos? Oh, you know someone on Trade is buying exalts for 120 chaos and selling for 180.

Third, the entire trade experience revolves around NOT PLAYING THE GAME.
Open a website (or websites) to check value of an item and search for it for a variable time. Then message a person (or more likely multiple people) to find someone who is willing to stop playing to perform the trade. Then, go back to playing.

If your experience causes people to STOP PLAYING YOUR GAME, then you are doing it wrong.

I'm not advocating for an auction house. I'm not advocating for idle/offline trades. I definitely believe that this can be done fully in game (probably not without a LOT of UI/UX/System changes that won't happen until POE2, admittedly) in a way that the play downtime is much lower (other than the search, honestly -- that just...will take time, by necessity).

But going -backwards-? Well.....you deserve what you'll get.
Last edited by shinino on Aug 17, 2022, 7:06:40 PM
Seems like bad news but my console bros listen… we have to have the same trade system as pc in order to get the cross play with PC. Aren’t you sick of paying insane money for stuff that is 1c on pc? 3ex on Xbox? It sucks to have to tab out but pc players do it and so will you. We need to get cross play. I’m tired of (admittantly becoming quite rich each league abusing Xbox market legally) this horrible market on console. Let us embrace our overlords decision here. Let them usher us into the glory of pc cross play.
"
PyroMule wrote:
Seems like bad news but my console bros listen… we have to have the same trade system as pc in order to get the cross play with PC. Aren’t you sick of paying insane money for stuff that is 1c on pc? 3ex on Xbox? It sucks to have to tab out but pc players do it and so will you. We need to get cross play. I’m tired of (admittantly becoming quite rich each league abusing Xbox market legally) this horrible market on console. Let us embrace our overlords decision here. Let them usher us into the glory of pc cross play.

Did you critically think here before posting this?

Let me break it down for you.

Sure, items are cheaper... because PC is littered with bots who play 24x7 accumulating currency, unlike console. So sure, the items you purchase are cheaper, but the items you find and sell are also significantly cheaper. I promise you it'll be a net loss for you in the long run, along with everyone else.

Also they haven't even announced a cross platform date yet. Why in the hell would they ever get rid of the tradeboard until that transition happens? This isn't something players are just going to accept. They WILL lose tons of players if they axe the tradeboard. Thats a promise. Do you want trade on console to become even worse? Because thats whats going to happen if the tradeboard disappears and so does the playerbase.
Last edited by uGotDumpstrd on Aug 17, 2022, 7:40:03 PM
GGG thank you for giving me a reason to keep playing SSF, the current trade system is bad but the change is much worse. It would've been better if you had just improved the current system. Sadly this is a backwards move.
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
This is exactly the OPPOSITE of what I want! I hate the trade system on the PC, and really enjoy how the console market works! Now you're doubling down on the bad one and killing off the good one!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info