Enabling the Trade Site for Console Players

Yikes! So, instead of implementing the better way (Trade Market / Auction House) on PC, poor console players get the shitty "website" system? It doesn't affect me since I don't even own a console, but I'm still sad.
Hi Everyone

After 5 Years of playing POE on PC and 1 Year of playing POE on Console, i think i must admit, i am a little confused about this upcoming changes.

The PC Community is calling for Month, that they need a better Trading and hope to get a mix of the Console and PC Version of trading.
Now GGG Decide to stay with the PC Version.

On PC there was the point of Scamming or no reaction of other Players.
Also to stop the Mapping for the trades, was mostly a big pain.

So there where Idears like , Whispers with a button option, that u can open a Consolelike Window, where u can see the Trade, while mapping, and Confirm the trade or decline it.

Now GGG decide that Console Players also have to
1. Use a 3rd Party webside.
2. With a Console related Browser ??? Which is really slow btw.
3. To search for the items on this 3rd party tool ( Good thing )
4. And than use a whisper funktion, and also has to tipe manually an offer, if they want to ask for cheaper prices. Cant respont fast , if there are any questions, because not all Console players got a Keyboard for Console.
And Tipping with Controller is really Slow.

As an PC player, too Press Return, and write , NTF or No Thanks, is no problem.
For a Console player its a Problem. They must open the Menue, than press to answer, than another window pops up, where they can write. So the decision will be; They will not react if they dont want to.

At the Moment, the can Decline with 1 Button press. The Console version Of the Trade Window for Accept and Decline is really Strong, and i think its not good to change that.

My last point is one of the biggest complain or why i am affraid of this change.

The PC Community Has good Trading rules. Accepted by the community and which developed over time.

1. Accept a No.
2. Wait for the Seller and dont Spam.
3. Dont shut the Window while Buying

And much more. Mostly it works, because most of the PC Players are a Older Playerbase and can rely to such rules.

On Console there are more younger people. We have Problems, that Bots are spamming low prices and Scammers try to Buy items listet with 1ex, for 1chaos and they hope the seller clicks the wrong button.
What will happen if the old Trading window will open up for pure ChatTrading.

1.Kids that will spam and dont respect other People.
2. No reactions of other player.
3. Same Scamming problings like on PC.
4. Console Players do not know the Rules of POE Trading like on PC, so there will be unexpacted changes on Console, how it will behave. But i think it will be most likly toxic and most Players will use scamming and other tactics.

A positiv thing will be, that its easier to check market for Prices. But it will be much easier for some gilds to Priceset Markets and use Price fix Method to make money.

The only solution for this is, that GGG rethink this changes or only start this system on console , when they also start a Crossplatform Selling market.
Before that, they should not touch the Console Market, as drasticly, as they anounced.
Exspecialy at this time, when the market will be most likly unstable, because of the Divine EX Changes.
Nathan's post is spot on. Tradesite only will be devastating to console.

Even the feedback on reddit is aligned with a lot of the feedback here. What more do you need GGG?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/wqaisz/trade_site_coming_to_console/
I like PoE but I just cannot say I understand what the hell they want this game to be on console other than perhaps gone.
Removing the in game trade system just seems lazy and backwards thinking, or worse little thought or care at all for console gamers.
Its a shame but I simply don't agree or often times even understand the developers attitude towards what were even playing the game for anymore.
"
uGotDumpstrd wrote:
Nathan's post is spot on. Tradesite only will be devastating to console.

Even the feedback on reddit is aligned with a lot of the feedback here. What more do you need GGG?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/wqaisz/trade_site_coming_to_console/

But there are also more points, after reading all post of the others and on Reddit.

1. Ps5 no Browser.
2. Privat players on Console cant trade. U have to give up Privacy so that other players can join your group.
3. Party Join Bug for some players, and definitly after 1-2h gamplay to have to restart the game or u cant join partys. This isnt fixed.

The only needed more search funtions on Console and seperate search stashes for unique items, or unique jewels, and function for searching for example ressistance ranges ( 30 - 40% Fire Ressistance for example )

I am joyfull, if we can have a future Market for all Platforms, so the console Problems are fixed, that there are not enough items on the market.
But u cant force Console players to use a console like a PC Player.
There are Reasons, why they are decide to stay on Console.
+1
So instead of giving us the better option (auction house) from the console, you are giving them our shit trade option. LMAO
Make me use a third party site on console and i make u have a free spot on ur server forever. I am sorry but this manifesto we belief this, we belief that nonsense is going way to far. There are 2 valid options to fix trading, very easy, very simple. IF you dont want it in ur game, take it out, for EVERYONE. Dont leave it as an option but activly try to make it as painful as humanly possible to display ur discomfort with it. OR if you leave it make an auctionhouse. I am not playing beta tester for u with a system that is very obviously straight up making everything even WORSE.
"
On the console version, the Trade Market tries to make it difficult to find items

That was intentional? Wow.

I can see the trade site being a complement to the trade market long term, but replacing the previous solution for something that takes you out of the game entirely -- most likely to another device -- seems misguided.

All platforms should get asynchronous automatic trading and "buy now" functionality, in my opinion.
HAHAHAHAHA,GGG IS A FREAKING JOKE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info