3.18.1f Patch Notes

u already allowed 1 toxic tool(recombs) that will destroy most of standard items.

why r/o tabs nonpublic? its a literally killer. whole std economy relies on r/o tabs. it was dead af already. now u just finishing it completely.

dropping 2 toxic bombs on std is.... idk dudes, now its completely clear that noone care about standard economy at all.
"Remove-only stash tabs can no longer be set to public."

Why? easy way to found my own itens in std... to test build or sell for other players!!

very bad change =\
\/

Sorry for my poor english!!

/\
"
dorkdude2 wrote:
"
Remove-only stash tabs can no longer be set to public.

Downvote, dislike, hate it.

It would be one thing if you added easier stash management... but this just makes things worse and will make long term players avoid standard even more.

That's the point. They want to herd as many people as possible into league grind loop, where all those time-waste challenges are already waiting, and exp penalty is primed to "increase player retention".

Yet despite all those tricks, Standard-only players still exist and won't obey that Vision :)
"
spaceace7373 wrote:

this is one of the issues with trade. if you are not going to sell items, they should not be listed. so you have a lot of stash tabs... it's not an issue that someone else should fix when you have trouble searching your own stuff. however, the program Exilence Next does have a search function and does not clutter trade with items that will never sell

First, you clearly don't understand the problem and the problem doesn't effect you at all. You clearly don't understand how trade works. When you list items without prices they don't come up in trade search. Fuil stop. You have to specifically change a parameter from the default "show me items with a price" to "show me items with and without a price". This is not interrupting your trade experience, at all.

And no, Exilence doesn't cut it. First, it's limited to the number of tabs it can pull (yes, I have that many), second it takes forever to pull and validate data which is solely geared toward trade-league market pricing estimates, and third (back to the search issue) I can't search for items given specific criteria in Exilence like I can with the trade search.
Yet another unpaid Path of Exile 2 Alpha Tester.
Remove-only stash tabs can no longer be set to public

Not cool at all GGG. As someone who has spent a fair amount of cash supporting this game i shouldn't be forced into paying more for even more stash tabs for standard. I play both standard and leagues. This move really messes up my standard gameplay experience.
"
TwentyFiveEX wrote:
First, you clearly don't understand the problem and the problem doesn't effect you at all. You clearly don't understand how trade works.

yes i do understand the problem and it does in fact affect me and every other player who uses the trade system. the more items in trade puts more load on the database servers. if an item will not get sold, it does not belong on the trade servers.

the definition of trade in this case is "the action of buying and selling goods and services"

listing an item on the trade servers solely for the purpose of using it to store your items for you to be able to search for them... what part of buying and selling is that? it's certainly not "trade" is it? now who clearly don't understand?
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
Remove-only stash tabs can no longer be set to public

awful change...

first. when i dont enjoy league mechanic, or i dont have enough time - i play standard. it was a pain to buy stuff before, but now... it becomes totally impossible because of... who the f will manage their standard tabs, move items in public tabs and set prices - nobody...

second. when i play league, i drop some rare item that dont exist in current league, and i want to know the price - i click show "any" items... now it's become impossible too, because there is no items on market without those tabs

third. i didn't play early poe, but someone do, and they remember forum trading... for standard players history comes back)))
Last edited by simplygreen on Aug 17, 2022, 12:55:16 PM
I play sometimes league, sometimes standard, hundreds of not remove only tabs and hundreds of remove only tabs to trade my stuff accross two main accounts, always responding to trade PMs even if i have to relog in league/std.

First duck and greedy change few years ago :
"
If you have remove only tabs and buy a new tab you don't get a new tab. You get a RANDOM remove only tab converted to a regular tab.

Second duck change, imho, for my hability to have fun in std (and probably in league) with the amount of time, currency and effort i can put in poe :
killing exalts => divines

Third duck change :
"
Remove-only stash tabs can no longer be set to public.

Just like that, without any explanation after all these years of use case officially supported. Currently, i just wait for some bs clear lies from ggg about that change.

It's not a change to help players, trade site already have the needed options ("only in league", "online only", etc.) and you could have just disable by default the "public mod" for new remove only tabs in standard when merge happen (or something similar).
So what ? Strategic duck move to help your retention stats, to fick standard players and economy, to help you sustaining cost of servers (immediate and sudden database server loads ..., okok $$) and so on ? Tencent' wish/order for whatever reasons ? Jealous for the success of diablo immortal at making millions $ ficking semi braindead players around the world ? Wanting to fisting us the same way blizzard doing them ?

Please, drop us some of your corporate story, maybe we'll smile instead of having fun and spending more money into your game.
"
spaceace7373 wrote:

the definition of trade in this case is "the action of buying and selling goods and services"

listing an item on the trade servers solely for the purpose of using it to store your items for you to be able to search for them... what part of buying and selling is that? it's certainly not "trade" is it? now who clearly don't understand?

Absolutely ignorant. GGG has stated that since you are paying for public storage tabs, you can do what you want with them. This includes not listing a price in order to search for items (which again, does NOT return in normal search queries and is not included when indexing search results unless you add a very specific, targeted parameter). There are people who play with an ssf mindset, without the additional limits of the SSF leagues. You are completely discounting those people that actually play and support the game. Also your fundamental misunderstanding of how the multilayered data storage, caching, and presentation architecture related to the trade system works is breathtaking. You are grossly over-simplifying how the trade system works or even how structured database queries and indexes work much less the front caching/nosql layer for the trade system. I'm not going to bother responding to your trolling anymore because it is wholly misdirecting the topic toward non-constructive babble and completely misses the fundamental problem.
Yet another unpaid Path of Exile 2 Alpha Tester.
Last edited by TwentyFiveEX on Aug 17, 2022, 1:25:31 PM
"
TwentyFiveEX wrote:
Absolutely ignorant. GGG has stated that since you are paying for public storage tabs, you can do what you want with them. This includes not listing a price in order to search for items (which again, does NOT return in normal search queries and is not included when indexing search results unless you add a very specific, targeted parameter). There are people who play with an ssf mindset, without the additional limits of the SSF leagues. You are completely discounting those people that actually play and support the game. Also your fundamental misunderstanding of how the multilayered data storage, caching, and presentation architecture related to the trade system works is breathtaking. You are grossly over-simplifying how the trade system works or even how structured database queries and indexes work much less the front caching/nosql layer for the trade system. I'm not going to bother responding to your trolling anymore because it is wholly misdirecting the topic toward non-constructive babble and completely misses the fundamental problem.

first, lets start with the fact that i have been dealing with databases and their structures for over 20 years. the larger the database data, the slower the server can fetch data from them. thus more load on said server.

so, you assume you know me and know how i interpret things by telling me that i clearly don't understand something. people like you are what causes problems in games like this. i, unlike you, have a life outside of gaming. and still, you continue to call it a trade system when you clearly don't use it for that. stooping to a level to call me ignorant is laughable at best. [Removed by Support]
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
Last edited by ChrisR_GGG on Aug 17, 2022, 2:19:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info