Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

please update guardian ascendancy, harmony of purpose, to have "nearby allies" share charges with the changes to charges and witch this would make guardian more viable as a choice for minion build...
Why can't they just make the game fun again.

I miss fun PoE, a lot. Delve was amazeballs, I also liked ritual, and blight...everything since has been downhill, and its a snowballing kinda downhill.
"
Marinxar wrote:
Wonder what happened to " We will never do a 3.15 nerfesto again " Did not take long to break that promise. This time taking a entire ascendancy completely out of play.

We barely managed the messed up AN mobs, and what do GGG do, rape our defenses and means of sustaining flasks and auras.

The game is just getting worst and worst.

You should never believe anything like that. All is PR nothing more.
Like the "every player is equal for us" -> proceed to let streamers in faster and only backing off due to how negative it was.
We dislike the speed meta etc -> proceed to do the X+1 league mechanic with a timer.
Last edited by Narnis on Aug 10, 2022, 8:23:02 AM
Nerf a few things, still 99% of skills and items are worthless for end game progression.

Terribly underwhelming. I guess PoE2 is the focus now so there's not much reason to pay attention until that comes out, and hope it's not getting the same treatment as PoE for the last couple years.
Hahahaa, nerf survivability auras and stuff you were forced to stack like a lunatic allready to even be half-decently safely tanky as was in endgame.

No changes to Archnemesis modifiers documented either; i'm realy starting to give up on the potential to be able to actualy ever be able to play an actual melee-range build ever again.

With the aura-efficiency decrease and reservations these are pretty much an universial across the board nerf round.

I guess GGG is realy trying to force us into playing ranged-builds that just kills everything before they can even enter the screen, as the form of true pre-mediated damage-mitigation.
"
Problem: Chieftain's Tawhoa, Forest's Strength skill doesn't provide enough damage to be attractive to slam-based builds, especially when it has to compensate for not being exertable and not synergising with Fist of War Support.

Solution: Slams used by Tawhoa's Chosen now deal 100% more damage (previously 50%).

Still not good

Too big of a cooldown, that 100% more is not really that usable when it cannot be exerted

Every 2 seconds you get an extra hit that does 100% more?

So most melee builds even 2h melee hits more than 2 times per second

So from an average of 4 hits , you get 1 extra hit of 100% more

However from a zerker with 40% more, 4 hits = each hit is 40% more

Since there is little to no actual reason to ever go ignite or poison as a melee slam build... it's only really realistic to look at the hit dmg

A zerker will do 160% more in 4 hits where a chieftain will do 100% more

In order for the chieftain to compete with the fact that it cannot scale attack speed

This "Tawhoa Chosen" needs to deal well over 150% MORE if you keep it at a 2 second cooldown

So either drop it's cooldown to 1 second or give it 200% more dmg on a 2 second cooldown

So this buff is clearly not enough to make chieftain strong

I bet little to none will play chieftain this league

Bad design GGG

Bad design
Last edited by Bloomania on Aug 10, 2022, 3:40:58 PM
"
VernerHolt wrote:
"
BINARYGOD wrote:
"
yslai wrote:
a game is fun when there's limitless of potential powerful builds, but GGG think the opposite, you just nerf the strong 1 to force others to play weaker skills, that doesn't call "balance"

The blind defenders will say shifting the meta around to force people to try different things is good - but the data doesnt lie.

There has been little shifting over the past few leagues, and now all that happens is one or two builds of the few-ish that most people used are gone, and all that happens is the remaining builds eat up that percentage - so, no shifted meta (not really) and the 90+ level builds will now be from fewer sources.

That patch notes better we amazing, but given that "amazing" would likely need some manifesto justifying it to some degree, I dont they will be.

They may even outright lie or effectively lie. Many people were fooled by 3.18 patches notes ("hey, its not that bad, some of this is actually good") and yet look at that pop drop off.

"Wait for the patches notes" Just what could patches notes due IF the changes are not big enough to feature ANY mention outside of the notes? (rhetorical)

Well, to be honest, if other old uniques have had similar major rebalance passes as Bronns Lithe, the patch notes are likely to be very substantial.
Adding 3 levels is a lot with, say, cyclone where level 26 is a radius breakpoint and about 30% more added flat damage.
Withering step in Bronns Lithe can hit the 50% elusive effect breakpoint
If the other items are remotely like this, we might see some new builds and new options. I'd very much enjoy if the passes would return some of the power that was stripped from Atziri's Acuity and Atziri's step. Make the fight worth something again.

I hope so - I love eating my words when the outcome is actually good for a change.

PS - GGG, why did I have to hit the Q button more than once for the quoting to work? Why many things about your forums "tech"? kek
hopefully GGG looking into golem rings which being useless all the time, never see it get used anywhere..
on a scale of 1-10 how bad was necro nerf?
"
BINARYGOD wrote:
"
yslai wrote:
a game is fun when there's limitless of potential powerful builds, but GGG think the opposite, you just nerf the strong 1 to force others to play weaker skills, that doesn't call "balance"

The blind defenders will say shifting the meta around to force people to try different things is good - but the data doesnt lie.

There has been little shifting over the past few leagues, and now all that happens is one or two builds of the few-ish that most people used are gone, and all that happens is the remaining builds eat up that percentage - so, no shifted meta (not really) and the 90+ level builds will now be from fewer sources.

That patch notes better we amazing, but given that "amazing" would likely need some manifesto justifying it to some degree, I dont they will be.

They may even outright lie or effectively lie. Many people were fooled by 3.18 patches notes ("hey, its not that bad, some of this is actually good") and yet look at that pop drop off.

"Wait for the patches notes" Just what could patches notes due IF the changes are not big enough to feature ANY mention outside of the notes? (rhetorical)

nothing will happen game is not fun anymore unles you are playing 12+ hours every day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info