Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

"
Melkor25 wrote:
TLDR: in 6 months the balance team didn't do shit, just quickly put together a lazy work in a week and this is what we have. On the brighter side, the Kirac's pass will definetly be on point with the couple of buffed non-shit uniques! XD

I wish we gonna have 10+ good buffed uniques, but most likely only 2 or 3 at max wont be garbage =/
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
Please get rid of the death xp penalty. It's pretty much the reason I quit most seasons when my characters reach low 90's and unable to progress.
"
thor777 wrote:
Please get rid of the death xp penalty. It's pretty much the reason I quit most seasons when my characters reach low 90's and unable to progress.

Once you get to around 95 the passive points really don't have much value... I stop caring about deaths around then and just work on getting gear and currency.
I am slightly dissapointed that Dominating blow did not get any work. Was hoping for a better sentinel uptime vs bosses since most of the late game bosses have such long imunity phases and teleports and aoe effects that kill the sentinels you lose most of your damage. with maximum of 11 sentinels mostly you have 3-4 if youre lucky. It is such a fun build to play until you try to do endgame bosses then you get punished for thinking a mele build should work that has 25% chance to do damage for 30 seconds if it survives long enough.
Here's the tl;dr:
"
Problem: We've so grossly overtuned monster damage everywhere that this defensive mechanic is considered mandatory.

Solution: Nerf the shit out of said defensive mechanic.

Also:
"
Problem: This mechanic is garbage tier and borderline unplayable.

Solution: We've made it more difficult for the masochists still using it to continue using it. This is a buff.

It's amazing how quickly GGG completely ruined all the goodwill they bought with 3.17. Best expansion ever, which I played every single day during the AN league and then some more in standard while waiting for 3.18, then they spammed anti-fun mechanics onto every mob in 3.18 and got me to quit fairly quickly, and now for 3.19 I come back to see this shit. Also worth noting that every single unique change I've seen teased for 3.19 has made the item objectively worse, even though they were all already vendor trash not worth more than an alch typically, and so clearly not in need of someone nerfing them.
Fairgraves was a slave trafficker specialized in the kidnapping and transport of children. He was not "a good man".
I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in a PoE attempt at "balance". At least the melee "rework" with the slams on their launch had potential.
Yep, totally over league play.
[Removed by Support]
Whenever I try giving PoE another shot, the archenemesis mods do some BS broken behaviour and I'm sick of it. The game is not OK with archnemesis mods in it's current state and to ignore that is ridiculous at this point.
Not gonna play the next league at all...
My life is slipping away...
Addiction is a harsh drug...
Last edited by Will_GGG on Aug 9, 2022, 3:30:57 AM
Wonder what happened to " We will never do a 3.15 nerfesto again " Did not take long to break that promise. This time taking a entire ascendancy completely out of play.

We barely managed the messed up AN mobs, and what do GGG do, rape our defenses and means of sustaining flasks and auras.

The game is just getting worst and worst.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
The way I look at it is that we have 115 to 118 points at lvl 90. But we use 40 just on pathing. Another 30 is used on life or ES. At about 7% average you get about 3x your base of maybe 2k so about 6k ES or Life. Then another 10 points on regen. That leaves us with 38 points for damage and defense. I kind of have to use 6 for gems because I get so much value from each. I get 3 or 4 full stats like a damage multiplier or two, an increase damage and a increase life or ES. Some of the life nodes do also add armor. If I'm a life build I also get tons of armor from gear. I can use evasion armor and convert it all to regular armor with one node. Then my buffed up evasion gets buffed a 2nd time from my armor buffs, that's huge. I can use 5 points to +3 my max resistances. Then the rest to reduce my mana reservation to get purities for +5 more max resistance and defense auras or damage auras or a mix. Most of my damage comes from a 6L weapon and the gem levels added from my weapon, empowerment 4, and the damage multiplier on weapon. All this makes me very strong. So strong that I can pop sentinel to buff enemies and survive. Without sentinel buffing enemies I get no drops. With the changes I'll lose one aura and my flasks may not be up as much but I'll survive no problem if I don't pop sentinel or have to buff up mobs too much. My problem is that I got 1 EX drop in act 4 then not a single EX drop since and I'm level 91 now. I've been popping sentinels almost every map and there's no EX. I have got many combiners worth 40c so I guess that adds up to maybe 3 or 4 EX but damn it's not easy. I got lucky on corrupting my empowerment gem thank god. I prolly would of rage quit right then if it failed. So I don't mind the changes that much if I don't need to buff mobs to get some dam loot. Gear with good rolls costs so much and if I can't get loot I can't progress. I think a lot of builds are a variation of mine and they don't have much left to play with after pathing and life or ES and regen costs. I know you can regen on block but that's not a huge difference. It may save you 10 regen nodes but then you need block nodes. Also this might just be the bad news. I hope they add some good news like a few extra points so I can actually use some cluster jewels. I probably could by level 95 but it might not make a huge difference. I think I will still be able to make a strong basic build for just a few EX. A good 1 EX weapon is almost all I really need with some 30c gear with high life and resistance rolls. But I wouldn't mind being rewarded for farming hours a day. I chisel every map, I alch every map, I add val pieces, but without sentinel I get 5 crap currency drops. With sentinel I get tons of crap currency drops but they don't add up to much. For the time spent I should of had 30 EX and been able to get a 10EX weapon and max gems and cluster jewels. I didn't buff map nodes this league like before but I doubt that would help much. Maybe the pros buff drops so much that they had to nerf the base amount of drops? Or maybe I just have no luck. I wish they would add like a luck balancer to the game like your luck builds and builds so eventually you get something of value. Because it seems that you can go forever and never get anything worth a big amount. Or maybe I just didn't check every drop enough and left the one or two value items on the ground. That would suck. But I'm pretty sure my loot filter is set good. Filterblade has always been great. Stuff is just not dropping in regular buffed maps. Even blight and deliriums are sucking. Maybe it's the new map tree that nerfed them. Maybe once full they are better. I dunno. I just know it's sucking bad for a simple player like me. Without balancing my gear and damage to handle sentinels buffed mobs I would of got almost zero currency. Bottom line is please make all farming rewarding not just the hard stuff then I'll be happy. :) Anyways, those are my thoughts, hope it helps people and the devs.
"
StupidSmile wrote:
Minions now gain the same bonuses from Endurance, Frenzy and Power Charges as players do, rather than the significantly elevated bonuses that other Monsters gain.

Aren't minions going to be stronger now? I do not think that they nerfed them. Now you will be able to play minion builds on any class type. In my mind, with the new items, that will be seriously broken. What you can complain, if you are a minion player and you used to get hundreds of exalts by crafting helms and weapons for minions, you can complain of that part being gone. But as I see it, the new minion builds could be quite broken.

But why would anyone want to play minions on for example a berserker,chieftain,Juggernaut(Except for HoAg) where none of the nodes have any synergy with a huge pile of meatshields? I just dont see the point in GGG's decision to forcefully take away the most powerful node on an ascendancy that was made for this playstyle just because its being played the way its intended

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info