Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

"
aurafate wrote:
"

It makes no sense to answer someone who can't even hit more than 18 achivs more that once.
They didn't touch any endgame, but still trying to discuss abt changes.
If GGG will remove every item slot except weapon they still will be "oh nice, cool changes, stop crying, it's their vision".

You didnt play this league and rate ppl by achievements. Good boy

I played Sentinel from the start, had so much "fun" dying to 8 archnem mod rares in act 3, suffer to the end of act 10 then skip (before 8 remission patches). Why can't i judge someone's words by their achivs? What's wrong with ur logic? I got it, u don't have one.
If you are telling me that u need more competitive and hard content and u can't even kill 1 uber, yea, i believe you for sure.
"
Zalkinn wrote:
The nerfs are too hard...
I wanted to play skeleton mage this league for the first time, I was so hyped !!!
But the manifesto is rly too agressive against this build it's ridiculous.

- minus 25% famages
- 50% more damage removed
- ascendency minion lvl node removed
- 1 less lvl in the helmet
- 1 less aura due to mana reservation
- less survivability for player due to aura nerfs
- minus 2 lvl for specters
- less hp for minions (which gonna be nearly impossible to play animate guardian)
- less movement speed for minions

I mean... thats realy not funy at all...

You missed the biggest nerf which was the changes to charges on minions... Will still probably be playable early on but in order to complete end game content the cost of gear just won't be worth it comparable to other builds.
Last edited by Vaildez on Aug 7, 2022, 12:23:27 PM
"
Vaildez wrote:
"

So where are these videos of doing Uber bosses AFK? You can't AFK boss mechanics...

All builds in POE history that were afk base - immortal builds like ES strength stacking or aura stackers - were nerfed due to afk mods(basically being able to afk and not being able to die). All minion builds, as they are now are basically afk builds. As a player, you do not do much with your character because you afk next to the minions. That is the reason behind the rework as I see it. Yes, I understand you think dodging the bosses mechanics is a hard thing when playing minions, but imagine that other players need to attack and do other things meanwhile they dodge the boss mechanics. Now, minions builds do not care about that, because technically the minions do all the damage and you afk with the character. Also, at this point, minion builds, will be way way stronger due to access to all classes, with high investment.

Spoken like a true non-minion player... There is this assumption that mininion players are doing nothing other than dodging boss mechanics while the minions just destroy the screen. That is not how they work. I am more active in boss fights than any other non-minion build I have played... Most minion builds are also squishy AF in order to build ennough damage for end game bosses. Maybe do some research before making a bunch of assumptions?

I did a minion build too some time ago, as PoE is the only ARPG that I know of that actually allows a decent minion build that makes you feel more like an army commander.
It was an absolute unique playstyle in the argp genre and I had some flashbacks to the Diablo 2 necro that is the only other aRPG that I know that had a army commander.
Still though, if you really want to rock the summoner necro, you either need heavy investment in gear, of play motzart on your actives skills.

In all fairness I feel the manifesto is mostly a choice from a business point of view. Nerf some of the most popular builds (RF firetrap / necro skellies) to give room to other builds and skills to become the new meta, and of course sell the mtx associated with the new meta.
And let's be honest, from a business point of view this makes perfect sense.
That's why I also expect to see some buffs in the full release, either on passive, items or the league mechanic.
Guess we need a bit more patience, but we will know when we get the full patch nodes...
Last edited by 1869Flame on Aug 7, 2022, 12:26:36 PM

The problem is people complaining about builds or playstyles from watching a youtube video without playing or understanding the builds themselves... A lot of these content creators are trying to put out videos that would attract a lot of clicks on purpose with clickbait titles. Also people complaining about a playstyle being "easy" when most of the meta non-minion builds are literally no different just spamming a couple skils to clear screens.[/quote]

Ok. Sir. You know better. Have a nice day!
150 pages of complaint. I highly doubt they care.

This game is now just like those where you choose among some 5 characters and play linearly until the end. Like, say, Torchlight, but without the mods. The only difference is that in those games, you'd choose your character in the create character screen, and in this one you choose from a small list of working metas on the internet.

The game that once had the biggest depth strategy and build potential of any arpg ever in gaming History is just a braindead action game now.

"Harder"... right... You just use your reflexes instead of brains.
"
1869Flame wrote:

I did a minion build too some time ago, as PoE is the only ARPG that I know of that actually allows a decent minion build that makes you feel more like an army commander.
It was an absolute unique playstyle in the argp genre and I had some flashbacks to the Diablo 2 necro that is the only other aRPG that I know that had a army commander.
Still though, if you really want to rock the summoner necro, you either need heavy investment in gear, of play motzart on your actives skills.

In all fairness I feel the manifesto is mostly a choice from a business point of view. Nerf some of the most popular builds (RF firetrap / necro skellies) to give room to other builds and skills to become the new meta, and of course sell the mtx associated with the new meta.
And let's be honest, from a business point of view this makes perfect sense.
That's why I also expect to see some buffs in the full release, either on passive, items or the league mechanic.
Guess we need a bit more patience, but we will know when we get the full patch nodes...

My problem is they come in heavy handed every time with these nerfs... Instead of nerfing the specific skills or builds they come in with wrecking ball and take everything out that even uses a skill in the build. Raise Spectres have lost 10 levels since 8.9? They haven't been a viable option for awhile as far as playing a pure version and most act minions can't even be used now cause the HP is a major problem.
Last edited by Vaildez on Aug 7, 2022, 12:32:37 PM
Minions RAPED AGAIN..... Good gawd, there is nothing left but SRS now.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
One less aura in league start scenarios.
Guess melee who has to go in and get personal will be hit the hardest.
Pog
Minions will be fine.. Just will need to spend 1 mirror more than other builds for the same effectiveness.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info