Effects Feedback Thread (Spells ,Waterfalls ,Falling leaves ect.)

Im very dissapointed in cyclone effects BIG TIME!

You just GO to microtransactions! Select newly added! How many seconds you need to figure out what kind of character is hidden in blue cyclone? Ranger, a duelist or a shadow? maybe a witch..

And do i see if he is wearing kaoms heart? How about some epic weapons? Oh, wait.. Is there a shield over there? Damn..!

Im fond of sawblade cyclone concept! Very original, but it suffers from the same side effects as blue cyclone. :(

CHeez i should stop treating GGG as AAA game making company! But i cant - i love this game! The potential to become greatest game up until 2020 is very visible! Thus i continue my small rant sometimes on things i just cant tolerate :(
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Last edited by webas on Mar 15, 2013, 6:52:29 AM
"
webas wrote:
Im very dissapointed in cyclone effects BIG TIME!

You just GO to microtransactions! Select newly added! How many seconds you need to figure out what kind of character is hidden in blue cyclone? Ranger, a duelist or a shadow? maybe a witch..

And do i see if he is wearing kaoms heart? How about some epic weapons? Oh, wait.. Is there a shield over there? Damn..!

Im fond of sawblade cyclone concept! Very original, but it suffers from the same side effects as blue cyclone. :(

CHeez i should stop treating GGG as AAA game making company! But i cant - i love this game! The potential to become greatest game up until 2020 is very visible! Thus i continue my small rant sometimes on things i just cant tolerate :(

Im... not quite sure what you are talking about dude?
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
I believe he's saying it's too hard to tell what the character looks like (class, gear, etc) if he's using cyclone. I guess that might matter in PVP for like 3 seconds? Not really sure, honestly.
why not have a cash skill mod that gives flicker strike an effect of swirling leaves like when a ninja disappears hahaha that'll be fun to watch
"
azothshock wrote:
why not have a cash skill mod that gives flicker strike an effect of swirling leaves like when a ninja disappears hahaha that'll be fun to watch

I like this idea.

I have a small issue with the blue fire for incinerate. Just a small one =D. The effect is way better than the red, for gameplay reasons especially(less confusing around fire mobs). However, Once it reaches stage 3, the particles are getting so large that the sprites stop looking so much like fire, almost more like flower petals. Maybe scaling up a little less but adding more particles to fill out the effect at stage 3(tho more particles can easily be a bad thing)? I've made particle systems before so I like staring at them and it could be why I notice it so much.

Now that I've found this thread though, I'm gonna post some more feedback on other effects as well. I can't wait for you to get trailing particles in, they make a world of difference. It took me quite a while to get trailing particles working in my system, but was so worth it. They look so much better, and it actually makes creating effects so much easier as well. Keep up the good work!
"
Arcis wrote:
I believe he's saying it's too hard to tell what the character looks like (class, gear, etc) if he's using cyclone. I guess that might matter in PVP for like 3 seconds? Not really sure, honestly.

Yes, that is exactly what i meant. And it matters to me more than just for PVP.

It was told officialy that they will make unique models visible in game! (well at least kaoms heart)
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Didn't see this anywhere so I'll post it here, after the cyclone patch I started noticing that when I freeze certain mobs they have a + shaped plane above them. If that makes any sense... I know for sure it happens on the taller humanoid mobs, alchemists in sewer, bombers in crematorium, flicker strike maniac type guys in marketplace/docks. This is with freeze pulse, and it's really a minor issue, never noticed it before that patch.
Hope this is the right section.

I was using Ground slam for my 1st time last night when i started a new charater and noticed that the visual effect was not as tasteful as i thought it could have been.

So i just quickly mocked this up just then and added lights beaming from the ground like i thought it would have if i smashed the ground like this.

The way i saw it the light would change in height as the spell depletes but its quite high when it starts.

ive also added small shimmering on the armour. You could also add a red amber effect to the hammer as well like it was scorching hot when it strikes.

Like to see what you think :)
Last edited by Bertross on Mar 26, 2013, 11:25:35 PM
Are your changes visibile to other players or is it a just-for-you mod? :)
Any plans to make Incinerate a nice steady stream of flaming death? I find it strange that it just casts fireballs at a very fast rate - seems a bit at odds with the skill description. (Granted, this might conflict with the Flame Totem - especially if you link Incinerate with a Spell Totem gem. Perhaps Incinerate could be more substantial, like a thick plume, or maybe just a laser of some description.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info