Effects Feedback Thread (Spells ,Waterfalls ,Falling leaves ect.)

"
NoX_2546 wrote:
Please tune down visual efects of all spells/range skills and auras.
If i get to party with 3+ people you cant see what is hapening and it makes your eyes hurt.

Indeed, one has to try his/her hardest to pay attention what actually is going on. Colours used in general look of the game is a bit on the rawer side of either of CMYK. An oversaturated reds/blues/yellows. And when the situation is combined with auras, curses and summons, game sadly loose its grittier appeal pretty quickly. Then tripple the same amount and we find ourselves playing WoW.

@Artists:
What we expect from you reducing the amount of raw colours, and blend in a much more subtle way. Hope my aspect isn't conflict with yours...
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Mar 6, 2013, 7:43:27 AM
Here is another vote for a setting where we can turn off all the flashy effects. Headaches are keeping me from progressing beyond Fellshrine in Merciless. I get there, play an hour or two then abandon my character re-rolling a new character.

The visual effects are fine in the lower difficulties but they get out of hand once all the support gems are added and spamming skills becomes necessary to hopefully do even a little damage.

Edit: The new effects on Light Arrow and Ice Spear are a huge improvement.

I'm BACK :)
Last edited by Coldet on Mar 8, 2013, 12:26:57 AM
Why didn't you make new blood splatter effect a microtransaction?

I'm sure people who enjoy it would have paid for it if priced as one of the cheaper effects.

Many skill effects lack subtletly, imho. Hence, there is no contrast. As a microtransaction, it would be more noticable when someone has the effect. And people like me who don't like the over-the-top visuals would have the option *not* to use it.
Last edited by DeF46 on Mar 10, 2013, 2:41:09 PM
Because the old blood was really bad and stiff. Didn't want to force players to have to buy the new improved blood.

I just found that both that bandits and black guard bleed to much on death so I gotta fix that. They look really ott at the moment if you one shot them
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
if i may say, its a little funny when you thow fire on to a skeleton and it bleed the shit out of it
but im aware that "fix" this so every mob that isnt supose to blood do not bleed, and skills that arent supose to take blood away (like flame totem and stuff) could rly not be "worthy" (if even possible)

its not a big thing (for me it is even funny in a good way) but its still some sort of feedback i guess
spell fx in this game needs a LOT of work
"
Xenrail wrote:

Thanks for the useful feedback
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
I actually think the effects have gotten a lot better. I wish effects would level up as skills gained levels. This would make you feel more powerful as your character progressed. For example, the explosion radius on fireball would get larger per level, and thus the fireball would get larger. Say every 5 levels or at ten or twenty.

Another example would be arc. Make it so it starts with a thin transulsent beam. As you level the beam gets larger and gains opacity with a darker blue color.

Diablo 2 had some effects like this and I thought it was really cool. People wanna feel badass at end level and feel like they have made progress.

The effects that I think need work are cleave, sweep, and double strike. They just need a little more "flash" to them. Ill try to give you more helpful ideas as I think of them.
"
For example, the explosion radius on fireball would get larger per level, and thus the fireball would get larger. Say every 5 levels or at ten or twenty.

Another example would be arc. Make it so it starts with a thin transulsent[sic] beam. As you level the beam gets larger and gains opacity with a darker blue color.

That sounds pretty neat.

While they're at it, they also need to fix the Increased AoE support gem so the supported skill actually has a larger AoE. In fact that ought to be a higher priority.
"
Russell wrote:
"
Xenrail wrote:

Thanks for the useful feedback

I like the mist like sand that moves magically inside the Fetid Pool... while we're at it... SHARKNADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Suggestions
>Alt 'Entrance' & 'Quest NPC'|http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26332090/subtledoorANDquest.png
>Alt 'Character Panel'|http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26332090/Stats.png

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info