Archnemesis Recipe Hinting

Please let the recipes you've already discovered be shown in-game. It's less memorizing, and a silent reward for figuring them out. Half the reason people go on wikis is "I think it's this, but I want to make sure."
And yet, you implement the most subtle way of doing it ever.

I didn't even realize the borders did anything other than tell you the one's you've already done before in a given instance, and so you can't use them again. I also have not seen anything indicating a recipe was unlocked, or a way to view which one's you've unlocked so you can do it again without guessing.

This is like some distraught girlfriend levels of hidden meaning, where you should know beforehand what the hieroglyphics mean and have enough mind reading to know how to arrange them in the right order to spell "Nothing!".

Is it so hard to just have the actual recipe show up on the tokens when they unlock, just like how it tells you it's used for x# of recipes? Or have a space on the storage UI that lists all the ones you've unlocked up to that point?

Everyone is just going to use a 3rd party source at this point, like an open webpage with a picture of them all; people have that for Awakened PoE Trade for Betrayal because it's a giant web of nonsense to sort out yourself. And then there's all the long list of other vendor recipes that you have to look up every time. The cat's out of the bag at this point, why give everyone a hard time for the sake of league start scavenger hunt?

And while you're at it, how about an icon on the screen like in Ritual League that shows you how many Archnemesis you've done in that zone / remaining? It's super frustrating trying to figure out if you did them all already or if you're missing one because everything about the league is hidden for some reason. This just leads to more backtracking again.
The drop rate for the recipe parts needs some review. When I played through Act 1's Ledge and Climb areas, there were only enough modifier drops to activate 1 statue in each area. That was very annoying.
the ui for archnemesis is garbage. yes, we figured out gold border == 3 ingredients, silver == 2 ingredients. but, why do we need to TYPE in the SEARCH BAR the name of the fucking recipe. why isn't there a gui? a dropdown menu for recipes you've discovered, say, and then maybe another one for reward types as well, just to be nice?

second point, why, if you have a bunch of gold and silver recipes showing, and you use a currency organ first, do all the recipe hints go away? to be clear this happens even when that currency one you used first didn't have a recipe available, and also also to be clear, those other recipes that were previously being hinted at are still craftable, the helpful hints are just gone is all

as an example, yesterday I got creative. ish. creative-ish. anyway, i had 2 silver recipes being hinted to me as doable, recipe A and recipe B. (I'll note the ingredients of these 2 recipes as A1, A2, B1, B2).

first I used A1. then B1, and then B2. the recipe for B worked. then, i used A2. the recipe for A then worked as well.

so, order doesn't matter, and doing a recipe between the ingredients for another recipe doesn't interrupt it. but, the ui for this whole process is unhelpfull

"
As you empower monsters in an instance and modifiers get consumed, the ones with borders will restrict down to just ones that can still finish recipes in that area.

So, yeah, this statement is actually untrue. That is not how it works, it works as I described above.

oh, yeah, also, has anyone found a button to show your organ inventory when you aren't at a shrine? that is annoying
Last edited by ActuallyAMan on Feb 5, 2022, 8:29:06 PM
This would be a lot better if we could sort so duplicates were together, and dropped Archnemeses and manufactured ones were separate.
Le Toucan Will Return
OK I see why you guys put Maven memory game in the boss mechanic now. Is there a corporate training at GGG so that you guys are all memory gods now? or is there literally one interview question that is Maven memory game and people have to succeed it 10 times in a row? The fact that you guys say "when you are internally playtesting the recipes is pretty easy to remember" is really beyond me. There is just no way. Please rephrase that or re-evaluate that statement. If the majority of players have issue with the way recipes are shown, there is a problem.
it gets tiring having to look at some weird links from reddit to be able to understand what your league mechanic is doing

i end up not giving a fuck anymore, i just do maps and i ignore this one

it looks good and yet you managed to make it weird what a waste, as bad as harvest garden management
Last edited by ryuukk33 on Feb 5, 2022, 8:36:27 PM
Ggg i w8 along time and suffered but finally have to say this you guys are stupid for releasin console league 5days and 4 hours later it almost 5 or 6 league you did this and qondering why our console community not growin because we seen it all on twitch it has no fun anymore we cant have a start without mnowing anything and yhe most stupid part we have 2 w8 5 days and seen it all than be able to play you guys are worst
Right, because there hasn't been any complaints whatsoever about having to use external sources and multiple tabs open at the same time to simply play the game normally. You just "Hey, you know what would be great? Let them use MORE external sources." "They don't want to interact with others just to know how to play? We know better!" Funny.

Whoever wants to interact with others, always do. Who doesn't, never do; no matter what you do. Forcing is just annoying.
I quite like the recipe listing for the menagerie, something akin to that could help with the archnemesis ones

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info