Archnemesis Recipe Hinting

I think the best discovery system i know is in Skyrim. You had flowers you picked up and had to combine them in order to know what they doing.

If you are unlucky you can poison yourself and maybe died. But if there was a success they got put to a list of known recipes. You could just click the "healing poition" in this list and it startet to craft if you had the flowers.

For me the current "rar mob craft" feature feels unpolished and unfinished. Its missing quality of life. (sorting as example)

"
In our internal playtesting, we found that recipes become pretty easy to remember (especially with the above hinting systems) and that there isn't much reliance on needing to check external lists unless you're trying to exhaustively plan some complex combination of rewards. And in that case, it's definitely worth consulting a list anyway to make sure you min-max it correctly!

If i want to do a "Brime King" i should know what i need and what i have to put together. Currently its impossible without external help. Why? Because there is no information about "Brime King" on the first layer of recipes. (searchbar = almost useless) Consulting external help and search for three layers of recipes... its not fun and not good.

I think this system is just "overcomplicated" if you want the whole cake, metamorph was easy. Collect it, put together, done.
Last edited by _MCSilver on Feb 10, 2022, 8:31:11 AM
Sorry, I read only several pages, so can repeat someone.

In my experience, there are two problems with recipes:

1. Size of inventory, and gems management. Would be perfect, if gems can be combined somehow, free the space.

Maybe something in vein of Heist would be possible? Say, several layers, sorting by gems "tier"?

(Actually, "premium" version could be the best, where every existing gem type has dedicated storage. Not too probable, I guess).

In the very least, bigger inventory could somewhat ease the problem.

2. What is what in recipes. Hinting is fine, but maybe we could have extra highlight, by selecting the gem and (known) recipe on it?
Having the tab displayed like https://jarovdh.github.io/PoE-archnemesis-recipes/

and function kind of like the map stash tab

for discovery purposes, keep the unknown hidden until discovered I guess.

Have 3 favorite recipes.

So much alt tabbing, searching recipes to make sure you're not accidentally using one you're saving for another.

Just having 3 tiers that work like a map tab would make the mechanic so much more enjoyable.

And then if you did a recipe and then did another, and then the other doesn't drop, that's annoying. Recipe was highlighted that it could be done and then doesn't work. It's like being lied to and that's one thing I hate more than anything else in this world.
Just seems to move that your threshold for "completely obscure" and "easily rememerable" is quite skewed.

Making things vague and not including QoL features like sort and a recipe book are just being intentionally unhelpful to your gamers. Having a record of the recipes you did sucesfully does nothing to diminish complexity or challenge it just makes it more fun.
The only gripe I have with the hint system is it doesn't highlight recipes after I have chosen an unrelated item first. Like, I want to use a berserker or gargantuan first, and then do a 2 or 3 component recipe, but it only highlights components that are compatible with the one I have already chosen, not all possible combinations going forward. I do understand that this may make it harder or more confusing to make new recipes for people who don't want to look the recipes up.

Also, there is no sorting options, so sorting is a pain, and quickly looking through your available components is very difficult without some sorting. Especially if you're levelling a new character, and have some empty slots here and there that get filled with low level components.
Last edited by brayney on Feb 10, 2022, 5:28:32 PM
new mechanic need some improvments,

not offers;
player friendly gameplay ( inv space and recipe problem I mean ) ,
fast mapping with mechanic inside,
Fun ( recipe confusion )

what I do now is just do maps and collect what drops. then after %75 of inv space fill, stay in hideout open a webpage with all recipes and try to figure out what ı can do with what I have ( generally takes long time ). Move the items from others which can merge. Then next 3-4map run with league mechanic.

My suggestions ;

Same items need to be stack cuz of inv space, or some other way can help us to collect everything without hit the inv space wall and confusion on items.

A player friendly style recipe book
Last edited by smookeus on Feb 11, 2022, 4:46:51 AM
Dears,

Sorry, was not reading the whole thing, so maybe im repeating the proposal of other people.
There are a lot of good ideas to manage the book of base items, and i would support if GGG would do that, but if not, at least request would be:

To allow in the inventory make a fast trading - 2 random T1 parts combined to a random T1 part.

This will at least help in searching the rare parts, and if you are unlucky - gives additional chance to find what you are searching for.

Because at least within the people what im talking to, everyone has chosen their favourite recipe, and just farming it - ignoring the other drops at all.

Last edited by icovex on Feb 11, 2022, 7:55:00 AM
I completely agree with GGG thought process regarding the recipe discovery process. What I don't agree on is the inventory space and general inventory structure of the system. It feels so bad to let a baseline archnemesis item on the ground because you feel like you cannot exchange it with your current items (e.g. i have a lot of second-line already crafted items and looking forward to crafting the "touched" items).

If we would have a cooler structured inventory and/or more space, the league would be perfect in combination with the expansion release, imo.
#stillinlovewithGGG
been playing since before leagues were a thing and this might be the first time i've just completely ignored a league mechanic because it's so obtuse and such a pain to use optimally... well, no, there was also Synthesis, but at least that had fun little pseudo-breaches to fight through. this just spawns incredibly annoying rares that i don't want to bother with - whose idea was it to make a super tanky rare that casts frost wall and runs away one of the recipe results? that thing spent 80% of the battle desynced out of my aoe thanks to that damn frost wall lol

i think i'll just stack the currency and unique ones and give up on the rest. at least i finally figured out how to open my inventory

just do what you did for the last mechanic everybody hated, Bestiary, and give us an automatic recipe book where we don't need a spreadsheet to figure out what we can do with our league items

EDIT: i really like the new map system so far though! way less overcomplicated which is great. hopefully it stays fun with fast map turnover once i get to red maps
Last edited by The_Wuggly_Ump on Feb 12, 2022, 9:12:39 AM
The System is rly great.

But the inventory is toooo small and need a autosort function.
There are so nice stashtable u created for all those things to collect in the game.
Why is the Archnemesis tab so small and unfunctional? :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info