Will Scourge Become a Core Path of Exile Mechanic?

I just hope we can still get tainted fusings in some form somehow... I'll miss those.
"
Yvoreth wrote:
If it's not going core then replace the beyond mobs with Scourge mobs and add tainted currency as a rare drop from vaal side areas or the temple of Atzoatl something vaal related.
Also please remove the delirium fog, draw only a clear borderline when it starts and when it ends

Or just drops from Beyond/Scourge mobs. I think they ought to be rare enough for that.
But great idea.
i don't understand, why would u make a [Removed by Support] mechanic like ritual (has no lore, characters, bosses) go into core but skip something like scourge that had a lot more development work put into it?
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Jan 11, 2022, 5:27:20 PM
While I'm pretty neutral on Scourge as a mechanic, the scourged maps were pretty intense and fun. I hope those make it into the core game. Basically give Scourge the Synthesis treatment.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Looks like GGG wants MFing to be viable only for the full man parties. That is sad
There are things to salvage with scourge. However balance and fun wise it was a pretty unhealthy roller coaster for most of us, it is generally a thing but I personnally overcame it through alt + f4 this time.
Oh thank fuck. And GGG - START. DELETING. LEAGUES/BLOAT. FORM. THE. GAME.
Because I swear - if I see a single ghost during PoE 2 campaign - I'll perma "shift+delete" [Removed by Support] from my PC.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Jan 11, 2022, 5:29:49 PM
"
frowncoat wrote:
I anticipated this. Best league since Delve for me, however. At least I didn't have to work and played the shit out of it(still playing). First league I finally killed some bosses after 5 years of never using a guide or PoB. I will miss the only mechanic you could just press a button anywhere you were and be in it. Same treatment as synthesis which I miss every day...

Ahh man, I hear you. I'm so sad that Synthesis was right at a time when they couldn't afford to be so ambitious, but the general idea was so amazing. But it doesn't have good PR because they released a big league ridden with bugs right at a point where people started feeling that maybe there was too much going on in the game.
Still, the core concept has so much going for it, I hope to sometime revisit it in some form.
oh.
well that's a shame
"
i don't understand, why would u make a [Removed by Support] mechanic like ritual (has no lore, characters, bosses) go into core but skip something like scourge that had a lot more development work put into it?

Yeah, there are leagues where players either hoped it wouldn't go core, or honestly thought it was so unfun that it clearly wouldn't go core ..and then things like heist, expedition, abyss, etc. go core to confused pikachus.

It's clear why .. they put in a ton of company money / resources into making it ( especially if it's a game mechanic that they had to "invent", and they just don't want to admit it was wasted ).

I just don't understand, and I'm sure many others don't either, why GGG can't just make leagues more practical and enjoyable, rather than spectacle fighters that are a nightmare to introduce to the core game without essentially just dumping the whole thing into it "as is" with a funky 8% chance. Ritual goes in immediately, but Ultimatum takes a year? What?
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Jan 11, 2022, 5:31:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info