First screenshot of Searing Bond skill

Here's my question. Will it shoot a beam to a totem that is not a Searing Bond totem?

Like if I'm using a Spell Totem - Frost Nova, and I cast that, and the searing bond totem, will a beam be sent from the original totem to the Frost Nova totem and to myself?

Also, if it does behave as such, would two beams come towards the player, if using multiple totems? (Searing Bond or any other totem?)
Shmo's Suggestions; Dozen Skills!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/402487
Very awesome. Now if only you could make it chain to minions too...
IGN: FemmeFatality
"
Chypre wrote:

If multiple people have these totems, do all of the totems shoot beams in between?
This doesn't seem like a very good skill, but we'll see.

Chypre, let me paint you a picture. You remember in D3, if you or any others play/played it, that there were champion/lite mobs all chained together doing crazy dmg on the higher mp lvls? Now, Imagine 4-5 peeps in a group, 2 totems apiece, with this talent weaving around like crazy – you’ll clear shit out so fast it won’t even be funny. Just run around kiting shit into the web of firery death. Of course, you’ll want to add added ele dmg support gems to this and maybe something else fun and interesting but the possibilities can be limitless to the amount of agonizing death you can do to mobs :D
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
"
YellowMage wrote:
Dual totems? I'm disappointed that it's impossible to cross the beams. Maybe you can if there isn't any beam/totem collision. Do NOT cross the beams.

Sure it would be possible. Place two totems, run between em. Beams crossed.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
"
Udja wrote:
"
Chypre wrote:

If multiple people have these totems, do all of the totems shoot beams in between?
This doesn't seem like a very good skill, but we'll see.

Chypre, let me paint you a picture. You remember in D3, if you or any others play/played it, that there were champion/lite mobs all chained together doing crazy dmg on the higher mp lvls? Now, Imagine 4-5 peeps in a group, 2 totems apiece, with this talent weaving around like crazy – you’ll clear shit out so fast it won’t even be funny. Just run around kiting shit into the web of firery death. Of course, you’ll want to add added ele dmg support gems to this and maybe something else fun and interesting but the possibilities can be limitless to the amount of agonizing death you can do to mobs :D

Exactly. Combined with some sort of enemy slowing ability (temp chains, any frost spell), then someone else mentioned cyclone, I could see this being extremely effective.
"
wdmshmo wrote:
Here's my question. Will it shoot a beam to a totem that is not a Searing Bond totem?

Like if I'm using a Spell Totem - Frost Nova, and I cast that, and the searing bond totem, will a beam be sent from the original totem to the Frost Nova totem and to myself?

Also, if it does behave as such, would two beams come towards the player, if using multiple totems? (Searing Bond or any other totem?)

Not positive of course, but I am assuming yes to both questions. Betting the programming logic behind the spell shoots a beam toward any friendly (player owned, not party) target.

Oh god... Minions?!? That would be OP.
Last edited by Trapperkeeper on Apr 9, 2013, 10:14:29 AM
"
Shippal wrote:

Flicker Strike will simply make it easier to hop into/behind groups of enemies so Searing Bond's beam can go through multiple enemies at once.

I think that this totem with Arctic Armor will actually make pure movement speed builds possible. Add in Whirling Blades/Leap Slam for movement, a couple of Bear/Fire Traps, Righteous Fire to activate for just a second or two while casting two of this totem, and you've effectively got a whole build there.

God, I love how the CB people think :D I was just thinking about how fuckin cool would it be to have this totem ability attached to both flicker and whirling blades – fuck, ice dmg on the flicker/whirling blades and fire from the chains – pure genius…
Good job guys, respect for keeping the patch schedule so tight!
The searing bond totem seems nice, but I can't figure out an efficient way of using it.
Multistrike and melee splash are the game changers ;)
Looking forward to the 0.10.6 uniques (hopefully, finding some of the open beta new uniques ;p ) ;)
IGN Kinnat (S) / Sihaam (S) / Aedhammair (S) / Ranulfr (S)
☄ 1.0.0 The Butchery of Mages Patch
May someone from GGG tell me why something liek this its not 'beam' support gem for totems?
Why you keep adding weak active skills just for sake of adding them?

So much wasted potential here... ;/

As a support gem this effect would be great. As a active skill that is fire dmg dot (first meh), not projectile (second meh), and not AOE (thrid meh) its piece of worthless trash.
Last edited by KarraKurri on Apr 9, 2013, 10:38:01 AM
"
Trapperkeeper wrote:

Not positive of course, but I am assuming yes to both questions. Betting the programming logic behind the spell shoots a beam toward any friendly (player owned, not party) target.

Oh god... Minions?!? That would be OP.

OMFG!! This would be a necro’s wet dream. I would fuckin go nuts if I could get the beam to interact between all 28 of my minions – I would be a fuckin god of death and destruction.
Please GGG make this so – make it happen and the undead will always be grateful to you giving you the blessings of Rathma

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info