First screenshot of Searing Bond skill

"
SKRen wrote:
You realize that two of those beams would be overlapping? As this is burn damage they don't stack :(

I hope you're not right with that, but I figure you probably are.... I am *really* hoping that this deals FIRE damage and not BURN damage. The amount of damage that this totem has to deal to become even remotely as good as Flame Totem is ridiculously high (and don't get me started with Incinerate + Spell Totem). I really want it to deal stackable damage so that at the very least it is a worthwhile choice.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
Qraparta wrote:
I use all the graphics on max settings, 1920x1080p and still where ever this guy is it looks so much better. Is it some sort of test realm with upcoming better graphics quality or what?

Maybe just a better graphics card?

He's clearly got really good antialiasing enabled, but other than that I don't see much of a difference between that shot and how it looks on my laptop. Still wondering just where in-game it was taken, though.

As far as I know the entire game is actually drawn and able to run quite a bit higher than 1920x1080, somewhere about 2560x1440, all you need is a monitor with higher res and then you get to see PoE in full glory.
He wrote burning damage. Well you can get a 70% from searing touch and a 80% easily from passives.. should be really nice for leveling, for end game don't know..
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
Last edited by Kiri2k on Apr 9, 2013, 3:44:03 PM
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
Last edited by Kiri2k on Apr 9, 2013, 3:43:49 PM
"
KarraKurri wrote:
May someone from GGG tell me why something liek this its not 'beam' support gem for totems?
Why you keep adding weak active skills just for sake of adding them?

So much wasted potential here... ;/

As a support gem this effect would be great. As a active skill that is fire dmg dot (first meh), not projectile (second meh), and not AOE (thrid meh) its piece of worthless trash.

Argh comments like these make me mad.

WHO CARES if YOU are not going to use it or like it.

Adding more skill gem diversity to this game can only be a good thing.

There are some people like me who don't care so much for a gem's damage output or effectiveness. There are many people in this game who like to "theorycraft" and experiment with unique, gimped builds.

There are many builds which are low damage but are FUN to play.

The point of this game for me is not to get to level 70 as quick as possible but to create a fun and interesting character.

If you don't like it, stick to your OP Flicker Strike build.
^ this

Im actually eager to try this stuff :)
May be fun with high crit, burning damage and whirling blades to dance around crowds xD
Btw, I wonder how it would behave with lightning wrap...
^^ I agree in part that this is not a mad rush to hit high level. The issue here is if the build and skills you are using when you get to a high level are going to be viable. It wouldnt be an issue at all if you could fully respec your char easier than collecting regret orbs for years to do so.

Personally I'm not too fussed on new skills and stuff right now. I would like to see the issue where monsters can get pushed into walls and then can not be killed. This is annoying on maps when you get to the boss then he/she/it gets pushed into a wall and you can not kill them *grr*

Please float that nearer the top of y0our list GGG :)
Last edited by rampagingrabbit on Apr 9, 2013, 4:15:05 PM
And the inflaion?

And the crazy prices?

And the never used Craft system?
I can just imagine these totems in ancestral races with a pack of mobs.
I think people may be misunderstanding the wording on the original description here. It does not say that you fire a beam to the totem, it says that this skill is a totem that fires a beam to you. Then later it is stated that if you have two totems each fires a beam to you, assuming they are both searing bond totems,and they will fire a beam to the other totem.. so you can get a triangle going if you have 2 searing bonds (will the beam between both totems count as 2 beams?) if it is any other totem you would have the beam to you and the beam from totem to totem. Maybe I am the one who is reading it wrong, but I don't think so.

If this is the case the only way to get beams to cross is when you have two totems and the two totems and your character make a line, then the beams will be on top of each other (maybe 3 or 4 beams between the two totems depending on how they make it work).

Also it does state burning damage, not fire. This most likely rules out being a projectile so it will not get LMP or GMP. It would be nice if it could Chain, if there is Chain in the description (since it "chains" to you) that could be fun, but I doubt it. But also since it is written as burning damage I can't quite figure out how added damage supports would interact with it, will it even be considered "a hit" to add damage onto? Supports may be lacking for this one right now, but that remains to be seen.

There is a lot we wont know until we actually see the skill gem, but despite everything I just said, I remain optimistic.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
Last edited by Xalmaren on Apr 9, 2013, 5:41:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info