Post aura rage here. I will lock any other aura thread I see.

The way the game looks should be decided by devs not players that write the most whine topics and posts on forums.
"
Russell wrote:
"
OldeSchool wrote:
"
Khodar wrote:
No rage, i'm fine either way.

But i still think GGG should implement it as a graphics option. I mean they have the assets for both high/low, why not use them?

Despite the rather presumptive title, this thread has remained fairly civil. Nice work to those who chose the high road.

<wall of rambling text>

Maybe I'm wrong, but I sense that there's more afoot here than just a simple aura makeover.

No I just made the original auras in about 1 day with random textures I found around the place and 0 thought. I pretty much had 2 particles emitters that spun around. So what I did was this. Hmmmm this aura seems like it needs to be green. What green particle textures do we have around. These look glowy and sparky I guess (mash them all together into one particle emitter). Cool done. Next. Its kinda funny and cool that people thought I put so much thought and work into them when they were possibly the quickest most rushed effects in the game xD. Curses were also being made in the same kind of manner. They will be most certainly getting a reboot to look more like the reduce elemental resistance curses at some point. Time is a demon.

We are not changing the art direction no. We are just making auras take a back seat as we have always found them far to intrusive. We just never had the time to fix them. I may desaturate the haste and energy shield aura a little. As they are quite saturated and look toony because of it. I know people like big glowy stuff that covers the entire character. However that doesn't meet our vision of what we want our characters to look like(yes I know some of the character micro transactions have been glowy as hell).Also im pretty sure armour reworks are coming at some point. I know some unique 3d models have also been made. They still need to be bound to all the characters though (fat load of grind work for Sav). So hopefully in the future we will have some cool armours. Now with the auras fixed you will actually be able to see that armour.... when it comes : <

Bleh I suck at writing :P

So, I'm wrong. Happens all the time.

Russell: Thank you for taking the time out of what must be an insane schedule to post a detailed reply. I found it LOL-ironic that those aura graphics you created with stone knives and bearskins have become the cause celebre of Wraeclast's Great Unwashed - myself included. Fitting, somehow.

The odd thing is that I absolutely hate the glowy headpiece thingies in the shop; they're beautiful, but don't fit the Wraeclast mood IMO. I won't rage-quit over a graphics option, though - unless bunny ears or a stovepipe hat shows up in the shop.

I wasn't in love with the old aura graphics, but the fact that one could distinguish them at a glance was very valuable. Your detail work on the new stuff is outstanding, but as I've said, it loses most of its character when viewed at full-out zoom.

Hopefully this thread has given GGG food for thought, and you will consider offering a beefier aura graphic (maybe something built off the current iteration?) as either a toggle or a microtransaction. Sometimes it's okay to compromise a bit in the name of giving the people what they want, (especially when those people are a means of financial support) and I think enough voices have been raised in this thread to make it a topic of discussion.

Keep up the great work.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Just make an option on the menu, so that both sides will not fight against each other...
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.2GHz w/ H80 Water Cooler || Sapphire 7870 || 8GB DDR3 Ram (Corsair) ||
AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 || 2TB Seagate Barracuda || 750W Corsair PSU ||
Menu option would be very weird. If they would do it people would ask to add this option for any controversial effect.
The far better option would be to give optional auras for microtransactions which are look bit fancier .
bump
IGN: Fataiity
"
dpham wrote:
bump

Why?
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
randi wrote:
Menu option would be very weird. If they would do it people would ask to add this option for any controversial effect.
The far better option would be to give optional auras for microtransactions which are look bit fancier .

So...remove effects already in the game and then tell players they can pony up $$$ if they want to see them again? That would set a nice precedent.

As I posted earlier in the thread, people aren't just upset because change automatically = bad, people are upset because these new auras could not be more different from the old ones. (Below) How did we go from such a detailed ground-covering glow to a jaggy unprocessed swirling scribble?

Looks as if it was stuck to the floor..

Direct comparing:

Looks so ugly now :( Please change it.
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.2GHz w/ H80 Water Cooler || Sapphire 7870 || 8GB DDR3 Ram (Corsair) ||
AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 || 2TB Seagate Barracuda || 750W Corsair PSU ||
Bah, you guys have to keep reminding me of the disappointment i feel now?

Sure this helps with some lag here and there, but honestly as much fun as im having with the game, the armor and whatnot doesn't make my socks roll up and down. The auras looking the way they did was a huge 'yes everything looks awesome!!' feeling that is just missing now.
"
Alexspier wrote:
Looks as if it was stuck to the floor..

Direct comparing:

Looks so ugly now :( Please change it.

Perfect example, look at the details and the "coolness" factor on the hatred old aura. Now look to the new one.

Back then that's how i looked >>

And now >>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info