Post aura rage here. I will lock any other aura thread I see.

They say I'm an astronaut that laughs a lot.
Last edited by Vexellent on Feb 27, 2014, 1:25:15 AM
my thoughts
  • new auras are great.
  • people will not care in 2 weeks anyways
  • if you change them again please only make them more awesome and less christmas tree
  • don't listen to the haters, people hate change thus will trash everything that is change.
"
Antistes wrote:
Why making old auras an option is a bad idea:

There will be probably many more changes to the way things look. not only auras, but probably areas, armour models and so on.

Giving an option to go to an older version of things for everything will just be insane!

Imagine!

Options:
- old auras
- old majestic plate texture
- old copper armor template
- old some_area look
- old some_other area look
- old light inside some_area
- old texture on this stuuf
- old texture on some other stuff
- old shield artwork
- old some_skill effect
- old some_other skill effect

etc.. more and more with every patch

You just have to accept the changes or make some reasonable arguments against them (not: "me no like itz")

What?

A graphical option for performance has nothing to do with an armor plate. Under your strange argument we should just do away with:

Shadow Type
AA
Texture Quality
Texture Filtering
Post Processing
Screen Shake

While we are at it who needs different resolutions, just suck it up...
"
KenshiD wrote:
my thoughts
  • new auras are great.
  • if you change them again please only make them more awesome and less christmas tree
  • don't listen to the haters, people hate change thus will trash everything that is change.
    Before saying something in a topic, read it at least a few pages first. Nobody here said that they want the old auras back and the new ones out, we all agree that the game must have a video option settings to high or low auras, just that. And we are not haters, we just like the old auras style and we are asking to bring them back in a polite and civilized way, completely different from you.
"
KenshiD wrote:
my thoughts
  • new auras are great.
    Before saying something in a topic, read it at least a few pages first. Nobody here said that they want the old auras back and the new ones out, we all agree that the game must have a video option settings to high or low auras, just that. And we are not haters, we just like the old auras style and we are asking to bring them back in a polite and civilized way, completely different from you.
Before saying something in a topic, read it at least a few pages first. Nobody here said that they want the old auras back and the new ones out, we all agree that the game must have a video option settings to high or low auras, just that.

And we are not haters, we just like the old auras style and we are asking to bring them back in a polite and civilized way, completely different from you.
Last edited by tgodoy85 on Apr 10, 2013, 6:02:28 PM
"
KenshiD wrote:

[li]don't listen to the haters, people hate change thus will trash everything that is change.[/li]

People providing feedback in a respectful manner is now being a hater?
I like looking like a christmas tree, you don't. I don't see why the two options can't coexist, which is what most people have been proposing, or asking for.
Greatly prefer new auras.

I don't see a sticky thread dedicated to giving positive feedback, so I thought I would just put it here.

I actually was really annoyed with the auras, I'm a pretty newish player. The "old" auras, I guess. They didn't fit AT ALL. This is a dark game. The giant auras reminded me of WoW.

In a game like this, I really expected "aura" like in the true sense, a very slight, little thing, almost. A feature.

These ones are a lot better at capturing it, I think.

Where did this new type of giant aura come from? DBZ? I am going to say DBZ.

"Back in the day" auras were subtle...
I have not seen many auras yet, but discipline is pretty brilliant I have to say. Clear, simple, elegant. Also much more thematic than the colorful... thing that is was before.

Clarity looked a bit "grainy" (that's not the exactly right word, but you probably get what I mean), but I also like the simplicity.

Not all auras changed, or did they? Which one changed? Are there pictures of the new effects somewhere?

Edit: Ok, I had a look at some other auras.

Determination: Looks pretty cool!

Vitality: I found it strange, that the we get only a quarter of a circle red stuff rotating around us, while monsters get almost two half circles. Looks way better on monsters. Otherwise, I like the effect.

Haste: Looks good, could maybe even be a bit more unsteady to convey more haste. Maybe changing form like an audio wave would? But it could easily be hard to look at....

Wrath: That one was pretty bland. And I also can't see it has anything to do with lightning on the first glance. You wouldn't associate lightning with a smooth blue-ish circle ;-) Maybe make it more jagged somehow? I don't know how that would fit... Also a bit less blue maybe?
Last edited by BubuIIC on Apr 10, 2013, 8:35:52 PM
"
BubuIIC wrote:
Not all auras changed, or did they? Which one changed? Are there pictures of the new effects somewhere?

All 10 of the auras changed, though Grace is just a downscaled version of what it was before.
Not sure where to find the previous graphics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info