⭐ Your Scourge Final Impressions? ⭐ ⋆Updated⋆

"
Mentoya wrote:
It's horrible! I'm not able to scourge anything past T1, it doesn't give me the option to. even when I put it back into the slot, it just won't go past T1 no matter how many times I run the scourge. I'm only on the ledge and it's already broken ?? Especially since the T1 are always garbage.... Guess I'll wait until the next league....

It depends on item lvl. You'll be able to scourge higher level items multiple times.
Yikes. Glad I continued playing Diablo 2 with the reception this league is getting.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Holy Shit, what a terrible league.

A quad tab full of scourge shit. The scourge currency is so rare that I am not even bothering any more. If there were lots of scourged fusings, jewellers, etc then maybe not that bad, but I got one of each in the campaign & that's it.

Its not scourge league, its scrooge league.

Fuck Off
So far seems like a good patch but bland & unrewarding league mechanic. XP is good but that's pretty much it, not really feeling it at all. Hope they tune it or this will be a quick league for me.
I won't talk about mechanics balance, I'm clearly not a huge theorycrafter, but yeah, it's clearly overtuned, some mobs are just insane, too fast and the system is a bit unrewarding etc.
(to be honest, I'm not a fan of a league entirely based on corruption, it's just stacks of RNG over RNG stacks leading most of the time to a pile of useless garbage)

I'll just talk about a visual aspect, and an issue, at least for me.

The monster models are great, but let's talk about the Scourge alternate world during the phases ...

IT'S WAY TOO DARK

Seriously, if you keep your usual game settings, sometimes you barely see the landscape, and the obstacles.

And if you try to adjust the settings, the real world is way too shiny, and it's ugly.
Not impressed.
The blood crucible is hardly fun at all outside krangling maps. The actual scourge map mechanic could have been interesting, if they did not insist on seperating league rewards again, which just results in ridiculous boring and mostly useless rewards from this particular mechanic, just like expedition.

Im very happy with the new aspirational content in delirium, blight so on, and of course the improved atlas, which may end up being my only motivation to stick longer than a week.

Last edited by Scourmint on Oct 24, 2021, 11:21:17 AM
In other leagues, when I reached the map stage, I already had key items or currency to buy them. here, the only thing I have is an item that destroys the build, or weakens it strongly, getting 11 life regen, and as a negative effect it gets 15% reduced cast speed. or +10 dex in exchange for can't deal phs dmg.

I also have the impression that currency does not drop. In addition, the passive tree was so crushed that until act 6 I was running with a 4-link ballista siege and 600 DPS ...
Changes to dodge and evade are tragic at the moment. before we had something like "evade lucky" now we have "maybe you can do it". After that, the use of "V" is almost perma death
tis league need more builds. seems every time GGG nerf or make game harder there is less meta builds. now its trapper and TR champion...
I would rate this league 2 of 10, maybe.

League encounter drops are 99.99999999999% vendor trash

League encounter fights - quickly kill mobs you spawn next to, then spend the bulk of the encounter wandering around trying to find a demon or two to kill (yawn)

And this league is not good from a technical perspective - server crashes, server disconnects, game freezes when entering a new instances.

Was hoping 3.16 would restore my faith in GGG. Just the opposite...
Finally made it to maps, and I have to say I agree with most of the sentiment in this thread.

Scourge mobs are way too overpowered in a zone that is way too dark and doesn't last nearly long enough. The scourge currency rewards are too scarce, and the scourged gear is mostly useless, at least until I can afford to craft some decent gear before scourging it.

But I made it to maps with the least amount of currency dropped in the past few years. So, that feels bad too.

I can see the potential for later fun, what with trying to scourge some 6-links and bake some nutty maps. But for the first 20 hours or so the league just hasn't been very fun.
- here's my sig

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info