⭐ Your Scourge Final Impressions? ⭐ ⋆Updated⋆

Garbage so far. Few drops, half the mechanics are broken (crit multiplier doesn't work, Essence ring causes your reserves to triple)

Broken release again....
I have had maybe 10-15 chromatics with even fewer fusings while approaching level 70.

I am enjoying the league, but this is painful.

EDIT: I was running my filter from last league that connects to POE and updates or something, but I turned it off. Not sure if that was the issue and the filters aren't automatically updating the way I thought they would...
Last edited by Shardbearer on Oct 24, 2021, 7:03:41 PM
"
gandhar0 wrote:
My only complain:

Empty alternative reality with barely any monsters on average.
Only campaign so far ,Part II, but hope it gets juiced up with higher zone/monster level.
Also these warped blockades that spawn can mess up the layout depending which zone.

Update here.

Monster density of Scourge encounters is way higher in maps and also you can trigger the Crucible more often because more monsters in general.

The random obstacles are still an issue in indoor maps as well as bad visuals of the various monsters spells/attacks.
Metamorph back again. Not black on black this time but dark red on red, especially bad to notice in indoor maps.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Oct 24, 2021, 7:20:28 PM
Hope we get more slots in the crucible later in the game. Babysitting it isn't much fun.
"
supadup6 wrote:
Holy Shit, what a terrible league.

A quad tab full of scourge shit. The scourge currency is so rare that I am not even bothering any more. If there were lots of scourged fusings, jewellers, etc then maybe not that bad, but I got one of each in the campaign & that's it.

Its not scourge league, its scrooge league.

Fuck Off

Lol. Pretty accurate.

I think player count is going to drop off pretty fast this league, it's more pain than it is fun.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
WAAAAY to RIPpy. Not worth the time while leveling. only good thing is it acts like a Corrupting Alc on White gear, but takes Way to long to get a result.
My experience is pretty much the same as all of the above. The league mechanic feels bland and unrewarding, not to mention lethal to everything but the most zoomiest of zoom builds. No way you can build enough defenses to outlast mobs for more than a split second, just forget that. Just build damage and clear and zoom around. The exact opposite direction that GGG said they were taking this game but here they go again. Mobs that one shot everything, moving at the speed of sound, in your face in 0.2 seconds or just plain offscreening you. Super hard to distinguish anything in this red on darker red hot mess. Very "tactical" GGG.

That being said, everything not scourge related is feeling pretty good. The skill tree honestly feels much better to me than it was before, and the QoL stuff is pretty great. The condensed atlas makes it feel so much less of a slog to get your awakening up. And the fact you can just do uberlab after one trial is great too.

All in all the game is on the up, but unless pretty sweeping changes are made, I will be ignoring "V" for now.

Last edited by Bardharr on Oct 24, 2021, 9:17:07 PM
Here are my impressions as of Act 7.

The good:
- Scourge incorporates fluidly into gameplay...learning to strategically switch back and forth has been fun
- Seems like less travel passive points required on the skill tree for some builds; so far, I like the skill tree rework.
- The new Scourge passive tree adds a nice sense of progression.
- Stunning nearby monsters when going into and out of the Scourge mechanic works well.

The bad:
- I skipped 3.15. Coming back for 3.16, utility flasks are a mess. It seems like they want me to spend passive points to get back to 3.14 levels of charge generation, but 1 charge every 3 seconds and % increases on a reduced based amount feel terrible when it takes 30+ charges per use. Rolling flasks is now way too RNG and down-side heavy. I suppose loaded end-game maps will still keep flasks fully charged, but that doesn't help with long boss fights and playing slower builds.
- Maybe 30% of the time when I switch on the Scourge mechanic the area around me is empty.
- Downsides of Scourge modifiers need to be reworked. I have gotten bad results for at least 70% of the items I have applied Scourge too. At low levels, corruption should almost always improve items to make the mechanic useful during leveling. At higher levels and corruption tiers is when risk-reward should kick in to make chase items.
- Consider making a separate key for going into and out of the Scourge mechanic. It is annoying to try to switch into the mechanic when nearby other mechanics which use the same key for a different function (e.g. Expedition).
Last edited by dpc6 on Oct 25, 2021, 12:05:47 AM
Having to run over an area killing stuff, then V and run back over the area and kill new stuff, then getting whiplashed back and having to run over the area a 3rd time because i didnt see what that ding drop was.....

So, I am not liking the mechanic much.

But, the carrot on the end of the stick (double/triple notables on armour) is a bit too much for me to resist much like the OP gear in synthesis, even if will never get there.
The mechanic itself if well done, the rewards are dog shit, which was pretty obvious from the trailer. The only confusing part is why people expected something else. The one and only way to make profit of this (outside maps) is to do constant trading, which is not a direction anyone wants to take this game to.
And frankly end game concept of every item being corrupted just does not sit well with me at all, i am very very hopeful this will not be rolled into core game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info