⭐ Your Scourge Final Impressions? ⭐ ⋆Updated⋆

It has to be the worst league mechanic ever (?). No rewards (as in the few rewards you get are useless) and no currency drops. It feels pointless, unrewarding and rippy on top!

The general changes in 3.16 are nice, but when league mechanic fails so much.. I expect many will leave in the first week.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
Pretty brutal on my PC especially with deliriums. Damn miners and covid have cards 400% what MSRP is.

Anyway besides some performance hickups I like it. Has a nice flow since you just hit scourge button every once in awhile and get after it. All the "decisions" are made in hideout. Not tedious like many leagues where you have to stop and and do shit while mapping like betrayl or expedition.
Git R Dun!
Really fun gameplay. Haven't tried the scourged maps yet but I expect those are just even more juiced versions of scourge, which should be sick.

As for the crafting aspect, its a good tool for levelling and will be interesting for uniques or generic life/res equipment later on. Obviously it can't compete with double influenced / elevated mods and stuff, but thats fine.

There are some genuinely powerful mods in the scourge mod pool, but I think the 'downside' nerfs need to be adjusted because the odds of getting something that genuinely outweighs the downside is really difficult, and that is of course assuming you don't hit a mod that bricks the item. Things like deals no fire damage is fine, but reduced global defences, -ele res that is substantially the same as the +ele% res bonus is pretty boring.

Culling strike, +1 skellies, even more MS% on boots, cannot be frozen, skills chain +1 times, extra mana as ES, etc. I think as long as you stop looking at it as an "alching" tool when you have your base gear, then you can have fun with it.

I will also add I love how smooth it is to interact with. Just press V to enter and exit and press ' to access the crucible feels great.
Last edited by BrettLee on Oct 25, 2021, 5:27:35 AM
So far havent been really nice experiance, strong monsters that drop mostly corrupted gear thats is not even bothering looking at it cuz you will lose time, time = currency, but even if you save your time that way, you will still not get much currency, many streamers prefer doing heist cuz your new league mechanic is not rewarding at all, so of that all being said, lets go Heist and forget about there is new league mechanic LOL
Fooking boring as shit really.. where the hell is the loot ???
As I see, there is really no currency. RIP craft, RIP progression. Looks like I'll skip till league rewards improvements...Because now it is a time waste, especially knowing that soon for the same time spent you may have more profit after patches...but not now. Sad, because I was waiting for this league so much after 3.15 was a complete bullsh*t.
The league is good, the balancing is completely awful. They changed fortify and armor/evasion rating but did not touch champion, the class which is built around them. I shouldn't feel this invincible when I don't even bother to use flasks. Not to mention broken toxic rain and how it stays between scourge and normal maps. Welcome back insane power creep?
the league sucks and i've never gotten bored of the game faster in 1 league. game balance and build diversity is in the gutter, all the "buffs" from the patch notes turned out to be completely useless, who would have guessed.
I’m very casual so I’m only on Act V now.

So far, I don’t expect much in terms of rewards. Usually the item I scourge turns into vendor trash.

I’ve really just been using the mechanics for some extra exp because I just switched builds and I need the skill points.

If it’s really as Rippy in maps as I hear, then I’ll stay away from the mechanic after the campaign.

The rewards aren’t worth dying for.

Edit: I also hate that most of the gear I want to buy is now corrupted with the wrong socket colors. Now i have to buy from a much smaller pool than before, and it feels like I’m overpaying…especially when it’s popular.
Last edited by Ajji11 on Oct 25, 2021, 8:46:15 AM
I really applaud them on how smoothly and naturally Scourge mechanics blend into the game. You don't have to stop for it, you just click the button when the bar is full, go in, kick some demons' a$$, go out and continue running your map.

BUT

- Mob density seems low
- Knowing design philosophy of this game where 90% of the gear needs to be trash to force us into trading I don't really expect to get anything good from it

So all in all it's a bit of a lackluster - no mobs and no rewards (so what's the point really?). I would prefer it to have more mobs and/or longer timers so that you at least get a bigger pack size and more 'natural' loot from this event.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info