⭐ Your Scourge Final Impressions? ⭐ ⋆Updated⋆

Personally, I've found this league to be the most underwhelming ever since I started playing poe.

Despite all the big nerfs and flask/mana madness in 3.15 I had plenty of fun with multiple builds, spent a few weeks farming maven and some other end game content along with expedition maps and had a blast.

This league however, I'm yet to finish act 7 and I am already wondering if I should just quit for good.

This is just my personal opinion but: Scourge is nothing more than a glorified alva/delirium mix with the worst bits of both.
Centering a league around corrupting items is a terrible idea. If the nightmare were sh**tting out tainted currencies then it would make sense, since we could just throw every relatively decent rare to the vaal machine and fix them if it was worth doing it. But I can't see myself ever risking a good multi ex rare or unique as things are now.

I also find the whole encounter quite boring and annoying with the backtracking and teleporting.

The fact that the league mechanic lacks all kinds of currency/other league content loot is also a bad. Having no loot in an ARPG just feels terrible imo.

It's OK, but nothing special.....so far.

I'm only in Act 5, cause I'm a casual player, and not impressed tbh. The scourged items so far were all meh, and the mechanic itself annoys me. I hate timers with a passion, but this is something else. It's so short you can barely do anything.
insert the three monkeys jpeg
Where loot? Where mobs?

Och, man, another crafting league with no currency drops. I'm halfway through A5 and tempted to just ignore this thing and focus on getting to maps and doing stuff like breach and maybe even delve.

Me kill mob, mob drop item - go back to monke, pls, I just want to right click and get dopamine.
Last edited by rzuk892 on Oct 23, 2021, 8:12:18 PM
"
_Mordai_ wrote:
I was so hyped for the expansion. Great new changes to un-annoy the game but ...

GGG did it again. Absolute terrible impression so far. Monsters are absolutely over tuned. Drops are terrible. You basically get no drops at all in 10 hours game play - I mean not one decent rare drop (I mean decent - not great). Unique's I think are taken out of game. I have no clue how you sustain maps at all. I wonder how many people quit this time after 2 days. Since last expansion - I think made a record - drop in players - I think this one can beat it.

GGG can not make a fun game anymore.

Very disapointed

+1

I am thinking of quitting the league after 2 days. Monsters overtuned, terrible loot, I agree.
"
Szerek wrote:
The game overall feels just as bad as it did last league. About 20% of the league mechanic I've done through 3 acts have had fewer than 5 mobs to kill. The 3 items I have corrupted has had a downside that makes the item useless. The dozen or so builds that I have really liked playing are either dead or so expensive to play they are out of reach. Like last league, I won't make out of the acts.

It will change when you go into maps . You spawn in the middle of them , swarming you from all directions . And with over 100 de-buff stacks on you , you better clear fast .
More nerfs for any defenses on the ranger area of the tree, still overtuned monsters, still GGG pursuing a vision that I don't enjoy. Not the greatest impressions once again.
There's no powercreep here. Creep implies it's slow and could be overlooked, this is a full out sprint.
Last edited by cpurdy777 on Oct 23, 2021, 9:08:26 PM
So far, just spam in the dark. It's never been so unclear to me what killed me.

Press V to panic around for a bit and continue.

Being placed back has it's downsides. Feels it was made this way because the tech is there for a new skill. Would have been better for me to clear map & enter to do as much as possible & save up rewards to drop at the end like Alva.

Hope there will be cool battles ahead or something and that this isn't it.

The new QoL (stacks) is nice though.

Did you try turning it off and on again?
I'm really enjoying this but cannot carry much of an opinion as this is my first REAL season playing.
The good: art style is amazing, some of the new scourge item modifications seem potentially interesting, new monsters are A+

The bad: extremely short bursts of scurge are annoying let me go longer, my ascendency (4 nodes to get this) gives 20% less dmg taken from permanent fortify... the scourge mechanic gives 150% more damage taken on ramp up. what. the fuck lol. clusterfuck of mobs as soon as you push go. underwhelming rewards so far. once again, no way a weaker build is handling any of this shit lol. finally the item drops are crap.. get a few garbage items with garbage implicits per yellow map. I don't want them showing on my filter anymore.
Last edited by apexmateria1 on Oct 24, 2021, 12:09:47 AM
GGG :" In general we want to slow the pace down a bit, players that want to go fast will still be able to!" Chris 3 month ago...

GGG today: Rolls out a league were you have to zoom like a tornado and people that want to go slow are pretty much f...ed

I actually planed on skipping this league.. but did get a bit hyped..

The game feels ok, the league mechanic so far , for me, not so much. Even if i have 120-150 stacks and kill like a madman .. nothing will really drop.. i think the best drop i had was a stack of 3 chromatic orbs. i don't even pick up scourged armor / weapons anymore.. did i maybe miss something good ? maybe... most likely not though...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info