Chemist's 3.16 zerk boneshatter 20-60m dps, non crit, HCSSF Viable

On your 1H PoB @ lvl 80 you have 15 mana left after reserveration / efficiency. What am I missing or is that actually enough?
"
Tsonu wrote:
On your 1H PoB @ lvl 80 you have 15 mana left after reserveration / efficiency. What am I missing or is that actually enough?

That was pre tempest shield being an aura. He has both arctic armour and tempest now. So just remove arctic armour.
Oh that makes sense. Thanks!
Build working great so far even with very mediocre gear. I enjoy that it challenges me to play smarter and think about my actions rather than just spamming right click.
Level 88 so far, starting the transfer from scuffed leveling gear to half decent gear. I haven't gotten anything that's end-game viable yet. I play softcore trade, so gear shouldn't be a challenge.

Running the 2hand version, still using a 5L axe, awful belt, rings, no jewels, haven't filled out my pantheon properly, etc, etc. Still one-shots anything smaller than a mini boss, packs literally explode on the first hit. Map bosses are a couple hits. Super fun gameplay.

Veritania has been a challenge, still have to hit and run there, she can pop me with that ice spray spell. Expedition mobs with Ward are super tough as well.

All in all though, this has been an excellent league starter.

My gear so far:
Spoiler

Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
_Eddd wrote:
I've tried this, decided to drop it. The build is WAY too clunky, DPS is ok at best with better gear than the mid range set from POB.
Cool idea but yeah, nah.

I can fully symphatize with the feeling of clunkiness. I was pretty frustrated with how clunky it felt until about 80 when I did uber lab and got Rite of Ruin. That's some huge QoL right there, let me tell you.
So much so in fact that if I were to do it again, I would consider going RoR before Aspect of Carnage just to fix the swing speed problems. I would image the damage is more than enough even without Aspect.

I'm 85 now and jumping in the middle of a pack just to vaporize the whole screen with a single swing is _really_ satisfying. And this is with _horrible_ gear. I don't even have a 5-link. And I've shaved most of the damage nodes on the passive tree to reach the big life wheel.

Tougher bosses are still kinda iffy but I imagine that's mostly about learning to manage my Berserk better and improving the gear. I tend to run out of rage at a critical moment and then get "stuck" in the longest swing animation known to man kind.
Last edited by Flawi on Oct 27, 2021, 6:16:41 AM
Hi, I'd just like to ask an honest question.

Since you touted the benefits of Hydrosphere, I decided to do some testing with it.

So, I understand the need for Melee Splash to bypass the inability to target Hydrosphere, but what I don't understand is that looking at your PoB Calcs page, you have pure phys dmg, like I do, and unless I switch, for example, Pride > Hatred, I am unable to get the Hydrosphere to Pulse.

So, my question is, how do you get your Hydrosphere to Pulse doing pure phys splash damage? Which one are you applying to get it to pulse? Freeze, Shock, Brittle or Sapped? Or am I missing something?

Thanks
Last edited by ChemistHCSSF on Oct 27, 2021, 10:14:00 PM
"
corosou wrote:
Hi, I'd just like to ask an honest question.

Since you touted the benefits of Hydrosphere, I decided to do some testing with it.

So, I understand the need for Melee Splash to bypass the inability to target Hydrosphere, but what I don't understand is that looking at your PoB Calcs page, you have pure phys dmg, like I do, and unless I switch, for example, Pride > Hatred, I am unable to get the Hydrosphere to Pulse.

So, my question is, how do you get your Hydrosphere to Pulse doing pure phys splash damage? Which one are you applying to get it to pulse? Freeze, Shock, Brittle or Sapped? Or am I missing something?

Thanks

> Accuses me of stealing his build
> Doesn't know how hydrosphere works
> Unable to read melee splash support
> Comes to my guide after accusing me to try and learn new tech

Idgi
Just so you are aware, you still have "determitation" armor in the custom stats. Even tho it works as intended? Same with Spell block on Tempest shield.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info