3.16 - the 'we are sorry' patch

"
Antigegner wrote:

..when I see the currency to modify corrupted items....defeats the whole idea of corruption. But we all know why they do this...$$$$$

You could always modify socket, colors and links. The only major thing they added was enchants on corrupted.
"
Deathfairy wrote:
"
Antigegner wrote:

..when I see the currency to modify corrupted items....defeats the whole idea of corruption. But we all know why they do this...$$$$$

You could always modify socket, colors and links. The only major thing they added was enchants on corrupted.

no, you could not always modify corrupted items and that was great because this really added something final and interesting to the game. When they introduced the possibility to modify such items it was a bad idea already and now they flood that idea with new currencies . At least so far it was somewhat expensive to do so. Wait and see how they will water that down. And to spin that further:

3.17 - new type of corruption called damnation. damned items gain a damnation mod and can't be modified further.

3.18 - new currency: damnation orbs to modify damned items.

3.19 - new type of corruption called malediction. maledicted items gain a malediction mod and can't be modified further.

3.20 - new currency: malediction orbs to modify maledicted items.......

I mentioned it mainly because of the bloat but I couldn't help but mentioning that I also think it defeats the purpose...even further.

But let's not digress further from the topic. Send me a pm if u like...
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Oct 16, 2021, 9:34:16 PM
"
Antigegner wrote:

no, you could not always modify corrupted items and that was great because this really added something final and interesting to the game.

I mean sure... but then you couldn't always play POE, then they relese POE. The ability to modify in corrupted items has been around so long to me it counts as always.
Deathfairy, show us your Gladiator POB to see the DMG, the 16k unbuffed Armor(let's be real Armor has always been crap in this game, and worst defense mechanism).

And while getting to 16k. armor is a child play, I don't get how you are cutting the armor in half and getting 8k Armor and Evasion. This doesn't work that way.
Getting both to that numbers is going to be way more expensive and harder to get on gear, so .
And 16k with 3 Endurance Charges are going to gives you 80% reduction, cut in half or more with Abyssus, which is mandatory for a lot in a standard, not a highly expensive build. Also you are talking about possibility on 1k. Armor helmets that are expensive as hell, if we talk other good mods on them.
On your helmet you almost always going to want - nearby(whatever you are playing), T1-T2 Life Roll and Accuracy(preferable), and/or most of the time high Resists are well.

So a Helmet like that will probably cost 100+ exa.
I couldn't find a solid one with - nearby to Cold this League, cause they were all Expensive as hell, and the other mods were holy crap.

I can stack to 50k. Armor or even more if i want, but that won't do a ***** if i can't even to few millions of DPS, right ?

Waiting for your POB, or we are talking nonsenses.
Last edited by RoyalMarauder on Oct 17, 2021, 12:48:25 AM
"
Give us a POB to see your SST Gladiator with 16k. armor unbuffed. Let's see the items, and the DMG. I'm waiting.

I assume you messed up the quotes and that is what you asking? I am sorry tho i was wrong my sst glad did not have 16k armour it had 19k.

https://pastebin.com/JkaWapzQ

Or you know you could go look in my chars unless somehow my profile is hidden, which i dont think it is. But please let me know if it is.
Last edited by Deathfairy on Oct 17, 2021, 12:52:16 AM
Yeah for whatever reason the Quote messed up, that's why i edited and deleted it.
Comment was after the quote, but still didn't want to fix it, was strange.

I don't play Bleed tho, and i maybe wrong here, cause numbers are one thing on POB, reality completely different, but your DPS is kinda low right?
And i get that Bleed damage is totally different, but i pretty much guess this is going to be a huge pain against bosses if im right. Again i could be totally wrong, but looking at some of the Bleed Build on the tube i maybe hit something.

Also you were on a max Block build.
The difference between max block and Two Handed, which has the crapiest defense mechanics of them all are HUGE.
I speaks from experience, cause i have a two-handed Jug with 50k Armor with Bras, and Max Res at 77%, 6,5k. Life and i still get one shoted QUITE often.
Nothing in compare to my Max Block Gladiator. So it wasn't the armor that covers you, but the block. :D

So no matter how you look and try to spin it, Sid is 500% spot on, on everything.
Last edited by RoyalMarauder on Oct 17, 2021, 1:03:44 AM
"
3.16 - the 'we are sorry' patch.

You should know by now that you are deluding yourself with that wee statement, and you should know that since they have a stated design goal and stated that they pushed a lot of that work into 3.15 that the subsequent patches might not be as dramatic BUT will still head in the same direction.

I think maybe GGG should have went for another nerf patch, just to drive it home that THEY do what they want to the game, NOT what the players always want especially when it against their design intent.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
RoyalMarauder wrote:
Yeah for whatever reason the Quote messed up, that's why i edited and deleted it.

I don't play Bleed tho, and i maybe wrong here, cause numbers are one thing on POB, reality completely different, but your DPS is kinda low right?
And i get that Bleed damage is totally different, but i pretty much guess this is going to be a huge pain against bosses if im right. Again i could be totally wrong, but looking at some of the Bleed Build on the tube i maybe hit something.

The difference between max block and Two Handed, which has the crapiest defense mechanics of them all are HUGE.
I speaks from experience, cause i have a two-handed Jug with 50k Armor with Bras, and Max Res at 77%, 6,5k. Life and i still get one shoted QUITE often.
Nothing in compare to my Max Block Gladiator. So it wasn't the armor that covers you, but the block. :D

So no matter how you look and try to spin it, Sid is 500% spot on, on everything.

This is more dps then steel had on his glad in gaunlet. Dps is fine. Block does not protect you from 1 shots period, never did never will. The whole discussion was about him saying blind is huge nerf. And i pointed out that at least in this particular build just due armour/ev buffs you can get exact same defenses as with blind, but sure he is 100% right anyway.

This is not about spin, these are just basic facts.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
while I agree with OP assessment that lack of current PoB support will be a huge downside for a ton of players....

Huge downside is a rather big understatement!
Going into the league blind will only lead to more dead builds.

"
jsuslak313 wrote:

*gasp we have to test and try things IN GAME without having everything all planned and mapped out ahead of time! Sure, its complicated, and sure you will hit a wall at some point, but its finally classic PoE at least for a little bit.

Classic PoE was literal s++t. Clunky and without any documentation ... and till this day without damage-log or any indicators. To this day the whole game is also held together by the community and 3rd party tools + sites alone, not GGG.

Hitting a wall is never nice, especially if the player has no feedback why it happends.

What horror would it be, if you pick an unknown meme skill like "Glacial Hammer" because is sounds good on paper, but lacks total viability. Or any underpowered / overnerfed / weak skill like I did with Spectral Shield Throw in Bestiary.

That experiment was the worst league start ever. NEVER AGAIN!

"
jsuslak313 wrote:

If I were GGG, I would try my damnedest to create something that CAN'T be ported into PoB. Part of what hooked me into PoE in the beginning was the trial and error and regrets and respeccing required IN GAME to make a good build. Now, all of that is basically done completely outside the game and the game itself becomes a simulator for the PoB spreadsheet.

Yeah, untested things worked so well in 3.15 .. BTW the worst league in PoE history. You can never make a good build, if either the mechanics, the skill itself or the (league-)interaction is literal garbage.

Especially important for the skill tree, which is basically 30-40% of your characters power. Now we have to guess blindly ... fails most of the time.

Since the game makes it very hard to undo your mistakes, this is a trainwreck in the making. After such a frustrating league like 3.15, GGG should move hell to avoid another disaster.

They will not get many additional chances and even one new mistake could be resulting in players leaving Path of Exile forever.
Last edited by TheGoodBadWeird on Oct 17, 2021, 1:42:26 AM
"
Deathfairy wrote:
"
RoyalMarauder wrote:

This is more dps then steel had on his glad in gaunlet. Dps is fine. Block does not protect you from 1 shots period, never did never will. The whole discussion was about him saying blind is huge nerf. And i pointed out that at least in this particular build just due armour/ev buffs you can get exact same defenses as with blind, but sure he is 100% right anyway.

This is not about spin, these are just basic facts.

But he is 100% right on Blind, Armor/Eva.
You need to invest way more now on gear/passive to get it to where it was.
Blind was a free 50% evade and you could get it having an easy time.

As far as the DPS, yeah the DMG is trash on bosses, just like i thought. Watched few videos on SST Bleed with better gear than yours, and the DPS is below average.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info