Content Update 3.16.0 -- Path of Exile: Scourge

WHY killing gladiator , the class has no damage slow AF , but tanky , now you either go 50/50 block like all others so literally no point of wasting class points on gladiator , or good luck getting 75 spell block , with this you will start healing monsters with your damage , or trying to get 60/60, and with this go luck surviving and doing any damage.

I really wonder as a dev like you guys (another field of programming ) what exactly the number of brain cells you used to make the gladiator changes and why the hell streamers faces turns OFF when they see it but no one daring to say glad is dead (since they have access to nice blocks for their builds they won't speak ).

for me this league is a big pass , no packs will be bought , and yes i like glad i know everything about this class and know how to build it , and i have no time for re-learning new class wasting league starting and my main currency making window.

conclusion :
-200 IQ to dev team .
0% brain cells alive.

your problem you didn't expect poe to live that long and now you look like a child banging his head trying to know what to do .
Last edited by dovaY on Oct 15, 2021, 7:11:55 AM
It kind of sucks that a lot of good maps are out of the pool.

That being said, this league looks really good. Passive masteries look great.
"
lorrey wrote:

Trickster is dead. Without signature Ghost Shrouds there is no point in playing Trickster anymore.

"signature" Ghost Shrouds have not been a thing since the got nerfed the first time. Was a nice bonus but hardly class-defining. I agree that Trickster currently seem to miss anything that makes it "special", though I think there might be something with the dot-immunity that can make for interesting builds that no one else can do in that form.

"
Block Gladiaor is dead. Spell block is now a rare stat that you can't get high enough without massive investments.

I don't think that will hold true. Block is still strong and also the only way to mitigate 100% of damage with Dodge gone. The way to build it might be different to before though.

"
Evasion characters becomes even more "glass cannon" than before. Deterministic Evasion and spell evasion capped at 50% is not enough to survive.

I might have missed it, but since when is Evasion capped to 50%? I have not seen anything to that effect. Spell evasion is capped at 50% mitigation of damage up to 100% of the time - you literally take half the damage all the time. That is great in regards to one-shots. But regeneration of life / ES will be more important.

"
Ele dot builds... We'll see. They got buffet on base level, but nerfed on EE/EO massively.

Going from the few things we saw from the tree it might actually not be a nerf after all. We will have to wait.

"
After massive slow down in 3.15 timer-based league mechanic is a bad joke.

The slow-down does not matter, as everyone is hit equally by it. The issue is more that speed-meta should be reigned in but this reinforces it again. As Chris said though, people that can go fast should be rewarded, that is inherent to an ARPG. I think there is a expectation by some players that whatever they choose to do and build should work as well as any other build - and that is just not the case in any way. If you need 10 minutes for a map instead of 2 minutes you will only do 1/5th of the amount of league mechanics than the 2-minute-player. The timer itself is not the issue here (different to Incursions which have a hard fail-state if you are too slow).

"
Best maps are removed from the pool. Here I just can't understand why. Isn't it better to remove hated/unpopular maps?

My understanding was and is that every league maps get removed and put back in. Insofar those are not gone forever but for this league. Some maps that someone likes will always be hit - I think it is fine but I also don't care much about certain maps.

"
Added over-the-top-difficulty encounters as a mockery on those 99% of players who can't even reach it.

That is assuming malicious intent which I think is just uncalled for. Yes, there are things you will never see. I will never seen them either - but it is only stuff we CAN do, just harder. That is much better than not seeing certain mechanics or bosses at all because you can't reach the "standard" mode of it. These added difficult encounters are just hard-mode.

"
Aurabots is nerfed. Great! Now top players forced to have two aurabots instead of one (not a problem i guess), but regular solo players will struggle with auras a lot.

Solo-players can have more auras than before if you played "normally" (read: not aura-stacker). Your statement is factually wrong.

"
Overall, GGG killed a lot of interesting stuff and made some generic mess instead.

Your complaint here is imo unfounded. Players complained some builds and mechanics are much too strong and therefore become almost mandatory. Now these have been tuned back and now we complain that it is too generic? You can't have it both ways. Either you have unique mechanics and those will be unbalanced simply by being different or you have mechanics that are similar and therefore can be balanced more closely.

"
For me PoE always was about creating outstanding build by clever usage of some unique mechanics. I've liked to test awkward concepts (even if 80% of them failed). It's not about huge numbers. Not about fast moving pictures. Not about clicks.
But now GGG is trying to turn PoE into a generic ARPG. Killing unique and outstanding mechanics. Making them accessible. Feels bad.

Accessibility is bad? And you like testing unique stuff, which Trickster got now, but that is a dead ascendancy by your own words. What is it?

"
In 3.15 I've played for a week. And if this league will feel same I'll find another source of fun for my free time.

Hope you'll have more fun with the league and take the time to explore it and find the uniqueness. :) But if not, I hope you find another fun thing to do.
"
Defenses on the right side of the tree got nerfed into the ground, gladiator defenses got completely fucking destroyed, jugg defenses got nerfed, if you want a spectre bank you now need to spend several hours leveling a new character for it, cold DOTs got fucked, all the good maps got deleted, and triggered spells cost more mana now.

Did I miss anything?

Also, the awakened gems change pushes more power to the top end, which runs counter to one of the things Chris talked quite a bit about during his post-3.15-disaster damage control interviews: most power should be front-loaded, with diminishing returns of improvement at the top end. Excellent work, balance team, on fucking that up. And you weren't even consistent in fucking it up, because you got it right with the uber lab change, which suggests you do understand the principle.

Burial chambers is gone = no doctor anymore = headhunter price 1 mirr.

Legion emblem node on atlas called "Emblematic" that was most fun and profitable for players that love farming emblems, gone.

All the support gems that was nerfed to the ground in Expedition because of aura stacker still untouched while aura stacker is gone.

All monsters still on steroids while our defences is nerfed.

Players that are the community are complaining about all this shit, but you think for a second that ggg will gives a shit about us? Or what we think or like?

Nope, M'r Chris have a vision for better POE year 2030.

POG
"
Serdoa wrote:
"
lorrey wrote:

Trickster is dead. Without signature Ghost Shrouds there is no point in playing Trickster anymore.

"signature" Ghost Shrouds have not been a thing since the got nerfed the first time. Was a nice bonus but hardly class-defining. I agree that Trickster currently seem to miss anything that makes it "special", though I think there might be something with the dot-immunity that can make for interesting builds that no one else can do in that form.

"
Block Gladiaor is dead. Spell block is now a rare stat that you can't get high enough without massive investments.

I don't think that will hold true. Block is still strong and also the only way to mitigate 100% of damage with Dodge gone. The way to build it might be different to before though.

"
Evasion characters becomes even more "glass cannon" than before. Deterministic Evasion and spell evasion capped at 50% is not enough to survive.

I might have missed it, but since when is Evasion capped to 50%? I have not seen anything to that effect. Spell evasion is capped at 50% mitigation of damage up to 100% of the time - you literally take half the damage all the time. That is great in regards to one-shots. But regeneration of life / ES will be more important.

"
Ele dot builds... We'll see. They got buffet on base level, but nerfed on EE/EO massively.

Going from the few things we saw from the tree it might actually not be a nerf after all. We will have to wait.

"
After massive slow down in 3.15 timer-based league mechanic is a bad joke.

The slow-down does not matter, as everyone is hit equally by it. The issue is more that speed-meta should be reigned in but this reinforces it again. As Chris said though, people that can go fast should be rewarded, that is inherent to an ARPG. I think there is a expectation by some players that whatever they choose to do and build should work as well as any other build - and that is just not the case in any way. If you need 10 minutes for a map instead of 2 minutes you will only do 1/5th of the amount of league mechanics than the 2-minute-player. The timer itself is not the issue here (different to Incursions which have a hard fail-state if you are too slow).

"
Best maps are removed from the pool. Here I just can't understand why. Isn't it better to remove hated/unpopular maps?

My understanding was and is that every league maps get removed and put back in. Insofar those are not gone forever but for this league. Some maps that someone likes will always be hit - I think it is fine but I also don't care much about certain maps.

"
Added over-the-top-difficulty encounters as a mockery on those 99% of players who can't even reach it.

That is assuming malicious intent which I think is just uncalled for. Yes, there are things you will never see. I will never seen them either - but it is only stuff we CAN do, just harder. That is much better than not seeing certain mechanics or bosses at all because you can't reach the "standard" mode of it. These added difficult encounters are just hard-mode.

"
Aurabots is nerfed. Great! Now top players forced to have two aurabots instead of one (not a problem i guess), but regular solo players will struggle with auras a lot.

Solo-players can have more auras than before if you played "normally" (read: not aura-stacker). Your statement is factually wrong.

"
Overall, GGG killed a lot of interesting stuff and made some generic mess instead.

Your complaint here is imo unfounded. Players complained some builds and mechanics are much too strong and therefore become almost mandatory. Now these have been tuned back and now we complain that it is too generic? You can't have it both ways. Either you have unique mechanics and those will be unbalanced simply by being different or you have mechanics that are similar and therefore can be balanced more closely.

"
For me PoE always was about creating outstanding build by clever usage of some unique mechanics. I've liked to test awkward concepts (even if 80% of them failed). It's not about huge numbers. Not about fast moving pictures. Not about clicks.
But now GGG is trying to turn PoE into a generic ARPG. Killing unique and outstanding mechanics. Making them accessible. Feels bad.

Accessibility is bad? And you like testing unique stuff, which Trickster got now, but that is a dead ascendancy by your own words. What is it?

"
In 3.15 I've played for a week. And if this league will feel same I'll find another source of fun for my free time.

Hope you'll have more fun with the league and take the time to explore it and find the uniqueness. :) But if not, I hope you find another fun thing to do.

regarding your note on block , as glad main , we are not saying block is dead we are saying glad block is dead , block now is for everyone but not for glad, so give me a single reason why block glad is any good now ? and don't say bleed explosions , that a shit reason to waste an entire class on it.
Too many nerfs.

Ruined my fav class. RIP Trickster.

Kinda pissed. Was looking forward to this league. :/
"
dovaY wrote:
weird bla bla bla

Cya. Toxic people like you wont be missed :*.
OOF! GGG Killed the once most interesting Ascendency, The Trickster! RIP! GGG not too late to save it, please!
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
"
"
TBNyel wrote:
"It is no longer possible to create PvP-Only characters in Path of Exile."

RIP spectre bank?

Yeah they gave the spectre archetype a huge nerf this league, to the point where it probably won't be worth the investment, unless the gear is cheaper.

So's are dead, ele spectres are dead due to no ee (unless the mastery that grants pen is sizeable), and no spectre bank is a huge qol nerf. Why on earth GGG doesn't implement and ingame spectre bank I don't know.

On the other hand, generally if a build gets unpopular, it's gear gets devalued unless other builds also uses said gear...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info