Content Update 3.16.0 -- Path of Exile: Scourge

I watched the reveal this morning and was so hyped! I’m like, yep, this league I am buying some more packs!

Then I read the patch notes: huge amount of subtle nerfs, and they completely and utterly gut the map pool. This is the league of opening doors and getting stuck in doorways as the game client / server lag gets you killed behind a door you thought had opened.

The only thing GGG has learnt is to change their marketing to hide the nerfs and promote the hype, unlike 3.15

Good luck GGG - 3 in a row now?

"
AbilityPoints wrote:
OOF! GGG Killed the once most interesting Ascendency, The Trickster! RIP! GGG not too late to save it, please!

Is trickster really dead though? You could skip the notable that replaced Ghost dance, as you can now take Escape Artist directly (2 points)

"Added - Escape Artist: No longer requires Ghost Dance (which has been replaced with a new Notable). No longer grants "5% increased Attack and Cast Speed per Ghost Shroud" or "Cannot be Stunned while you have Ghost Shrouds"."

For your fourth notable, perhaps choose something like Swift killer, for more consistent frenzy charges, which partially compensates for the damage nerf to Escape Artist. Losing the stun while ghost shrouds are active will suck a bit.

And you can take the keystone directly on tree to get ghost shrouds now, if you need them.
Damn - removing some very popular farming maps...

i'm ok with everything but removal of enchantment fossils F*CK LAB
"
Psaakyrn wrote:

The new trickster notable possibly synergises well with the Lethe Shade new notable though, by further reducing the damage done by half after the first second (so you get 1 second full damage, 4 second halved damage, and 5 seconds to recoup health after in time to prepare for the full damage burst again)

I can see that. Another synergy might be with Soul of Arakaali Pantheon. I just hope it's not mandatory to use a Keystone and a pantheon power to get something out of this.

I will probably play Trickster and try the ascendancy notable with Righteous Fire to mimic the chieftain notable for more spell damage.
Last edited by hatex2 on Oct 15, 2021, 8:11:40 AM
"
WilliamGoosen wrote:
"
AbilityPoints wrote:
OOF! GGG Killed the once most interesting Ascendency, The Trickster! RIP! GGG not too late to save it, please!

Is trickster really dead though? You could skip the notable that replaced Ghost dance, as you can now take Escape Artist directly (2 points)

"Added - Escape Artist: No longer requires Ghost Dance (which has been replaced with a new Notable). No longer grants "5% increased Attack and Cast Speed per Ghost Shroud" or "Cannot be Stunned while you have Ghost Shrouds"."

For your fourth notable, perhaps choose something like Swift killer, for more consistent frenzy charges, which partially compensates for the damage nerf to Escape Artist. Losing the stun while ghost shrouds are active will suck a bit.

And you can take the keystone directly on tree to get ghost shrouds now, if you need them.

Your right about Trickster, but it feels like it been killed. Trickster was already nerfed previously so this just seems spiteful and lazy, they could've come up with something better to replace Ghost Shrouds. I'll still play it along with the 0.1% of the playerbase 😆
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
Last edited by AbilityPoints on Oct 15, 2021, 8:28:53 AM
Amazing amount of change. Hope it signals an end to it. Wouldn't mind at all seeing the game stabalize a bit in 2022.
"
Valkaneer wrote:
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Valkaneer wrote:

This is the way it was for PC players already. This league I took one of my alts and threw a spectre gem on him, logged my Necro, killed my spectre's in my hide out, then logged my alt and raised my operative. It doesn't take that long to hit lvl 38, only a few hours.

Um, no. I play on PC. Even the latest 3.15.3c patch still allows the creation of PvP only characters.

Where? Because I don't see it on the creation screen. The only options I see are Standard, Expedition, and Hardcore Expedition and each of those 3 have an SSF option. Standard also has a Hardcore option. Other than those I see no other options.

The screen where you name your character.... there is a PvP only box you can check.
The most terrible aspect of the game untouched - Trade..
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Well, I can only speak for myself. With the gladiator ascendancy nerfed hard, I think I will be sitting this out. Block defence with same investment (4 ascendancy points) can get you to 85/0 block chance. No Spell damage mitigation. With more investment (+2 skill point on skill tree) a gladiator can get to 60/50, which is still inferior to the 75/75 block chance. And that's with more investment. I would be even ok with this, if the ascendancy got huge damage buffs compensating the loss of defence. Looked hard at the patch notes but could not see any. There might be an off chance that the dev team will tweak the ascendancy nodes numbers till launch but we all know what the chances are for that..

So, here I am sitting in front of my PC and staring at the screen and lamenting my options for 3.16. It's either sitting this patch out or just playing some other ascendancy class that has better defence and better damage than gladiator. Basically any other class.

RIP.
Last edited by SeaSkipper on Oct 15, 2021, 9:21:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info