Content Update 3.16.0 -- Path of Exile: Scourge

"
The individual and specific balance changes don't concern me. It's the frequency and amount of them I find to be very troublesome.

Some stability would be wonderful. I've been sitting on vast sums of currency since legacy league, and I am unwilling to spend it, because the game is too volatile.

I mostly flip currency and sell items. I don't really play the game itself that often. I simply sell the keys and maps for the high end content as they're gated behind substantial currency investment - which is NOT a problem. The most rewarding/difficult stuff should require substantial investment to conquer.

The issue that arises in my case is that substantial character investments is a losing proposition. Builds, Characters and Gear fluctuate in power too rapidly, so I don't believe there is a good "buy-in" point. The only consistent factor is the inconsistency, and that makes any sort of long-term character investment a losing proposition.

Please settle on some foundational mechanics so the playerbase can get their footing. 10%-25% swings in power are reasonable balancing adjustments that can slip by your Q.A. teams. But if you're being forced to redesign core functionality quarterly, or making 40%-50% balance adjustments, that is the fault of the development team, and should be addressed.

Thanks always for your product, but please, please...

...I'm begging you... let's get something stable established.

Small shifts are boring and dont affect meta. Large swings create new meta's, buzz and discussion and a lot of online content.

It's working as intended, however annoying it is for people that want something more permanent than 2-3 months.
"
The Snowblind Grace and The Perfect Form: Now grant “Evasion Rating is increased by Overcapped Cold Resistance” (previously Uncapped Cold Resistance). They both now have 80-100% increased Evasion Rating (previously 30-50%), and The Perfect Form now has “10-15% increased Dexterity” (previously 5-10%).

Will uncapped cold res become legacy or will existing items be modified to overcapped cold res?
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
So a bit of sweet hype atop of huge nerfs. Not enough to make it good.

Trickster is dead. Without signature Ghost Shrouds there is no point in playing Trickster anymore.

Block Gladiaor is dead. Spell block is now a rare stat that you can't get high enough without massive investments.

Evasion characters becomes even more "glass cannon" than before. Deterministic Evasion and spell evasion capped at 50% is not enough to survive.

Ele dot builds... We'll see. They got buffet on base level, but nerfed on EE/EO massively.

After massive slow down in 3.15 timer-based league mechanic is a bad joke.

Best maps are removed from the pool. Here I just can't understand why. Isn't it better to remove hated/unpopular maps?

Added over-the-top-difficulty encounters as a mockery on those 99% of players who can't even reach it.

Aurabots is nerfed. Great! Now top players forced to have two aurabots instead of one (not a problem i guess), but regular solo players will struggle with auras a lot.

Overall, GGG killed a lot of interesting stuff and made some generic mess instead.

For me PoE always was about creating outstanding build by clever usage of some unique mechanics. I've liked to test awkward concepts (even if 80% of them failed). It's not about huge numbers. Not about fast moving pictures. Not about clicks.
But now GGG is trying to turn PoE into a generic ARPG. Killing unique and outstanding mechanics. Making them accessible. Feels bad.

In 3.15 I've played for a week. And if this league will feel same I'll find another source of fun for my free time.
Give Sandstorm a defensive layer since blind is useless now for armor builds.
"
VVolfram wrote:
А перевод когда? Или снова google/translate ?

google: most spoken languages in the world.
Nice
"
hatex2 wrote:
Feedback on the new Trickster ascendancy node for dmg over time immunity:

Defensively it's bad because if your survivability is not good enough without the effect, you die 50% of the time. If your survivability is good enough, then why would you take this in the first place. Defensive pendulum effects are bad because you can't control enemies. Offensively you can control when to engage the enemy (compare to Ngamahu, Flame's Advance).

Offensively you could use it with Righteous Fire to get a lot of spell damage which is good if you time it right. It would be kind of like Ngamahu, Flame's Advance (which I like, because it rewards player skill) except this works with only 1 skill versus EVERY (non-dot?) physical skill. Do you really make an ascendancy node around 1 skill?

Losing global damage reduction, stun immunity, cast and attack speed, and gaining something so situational in its place seems so out of place. Did the ascendancy need such a heavy nerf? Losing the cast speed is also bad for self cast, which doesn't need more nerfs.

I'm sure there are niche-niche ideas that can use this but maybe spending a full ascendancy node is not the place to use for that opportunity?

Boring suggestion for an ascendancy node that buffs self cast: 15% more cast speed for 4s every 10s (adjust numbers to not be stupid op). Coming up with a solid defensive node is harder but anything that's not a pendulum effect would be better than what's planned for now.

PS. Other than this I'm really excited for the next league. Thanks for all the work.

The new trickster notable possibly synergises well with the Lethe Shade new notable though, by further reducing the damage done by half after the first second (so you get 1 second full damage, 4 second halved damage, and 5 seconds to recoup health after in time to prepare for the full damage burst again)
"
lorrey wrote:
So a bit of sweet hype atop of huge nerfs. Not enough to make it good.

Trickster is dead. Without signature Ghost Shrouds there is no point in playing Trickster anymore.

First sentence already is a straight up lie, did you even care to read the post? Ghost Shrouds WERENT deleted, they're in the tree.

Another example of random people who only cares about hating stuff, it doesnt matter if its true or not.
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
Last edited by Riverwind77 on Oct 15, 2021, 5:28:13 AM
"
TBNyel wrote:
"It is no longer possible to create PvP-Only characters in Path of Exile."

RIP spectre bank?

Yeah they gave the spectre archetype a huge nerf this league, to the point where it probably won't be worth the investment, unless the gear is cheaper.

So's are dead, ele spectres are dead due to no ee (unless the mastery that grants pen is sizeable), and no spectre bank is a huge qol nerf. Why on earth GGG doesn't implement and ingame spectre bank I don't know.
Chris in breaclast: We know we f..ed up (patch 3.15) ...

Soooo where is his reflection?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info