Eternal Labyrinth Improvements in Path of Exile: Scourge

After idk how long? 8-10 years? By god thank you!
Arguably a good change, but it's one I disagree with. The better solution to me would have been making it impossible to get duplicate trials for the first 6. But, I imagine that coding that is probably a lot more trouble than it's worth for the same result.
Yessss... Finally a great QoL. Now that got me hyped
"
Primaeus wrote:
Not complaining, but my understanding is getting wierd.

- " we want to reduce de global speed in the game ".

- from 8 region to 4 (to get to end game faster).
- people will do all labs "day 1".

So overall, the game is getting more easier to do it all and they kinda remove end game goal of min/max from people because either theses expanssives builds dosnt exist anymore and the concept of legacy item/stats seems to not be part of the game anymore with their "temporary skill tree called clusters" and changes of stats like from mana resrved--> reservation of skills--> reservation efficiency.

That's not the case. I mean, I'm not from GGG so I caint what's the solution exactly, but IMO we already have so much content, that huge percentage of players will not even sniff. Plus, most of the players leave the game during early league, because of the complexicity and multi-options.
This change will give new players, casuals more fun and will lead people to stay in-game for a longer period. That will have a huge impact on trade for other players. Trade is almost dead like in week 5-6 every league. If GGG gives more fun and opportunities to stay longer, trade will last longer.

This is a really cool change, speeds up "noobs, casuals and not experienced" players. Other players like hardcores, speedrunners won't see almost any difference.
ouch,

can't say i loved the trials but even playing alone i never had problems finding the trials in the first 2 weeks.

is this to cater for the ssf crowd? or for the unskilled part of the community which wants all challenging content removed?

the argument, that players were facing more difficult content where they needed the lab points before they solved all trials is moot. if a player is unable to conclude from failing at difficult content that he needs to improve his char he is in the wrong game genre anyway.
what's next? teaching players on how to hold their mouse?

since when are you so careful to not have players fail on content?

in the worst case solution you could have certain maps (or map types) have certain trials fixed like you did with workbench recipes already.

i would have rather expected that you made all lab completions mandatory for ingame process to kill bots. it's a trial after all.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
ouch,

can't say i loved the trials but even playing alone i never had problems finding the trials in the first 2 weeks.

is this to cater for the ssf crowd? or for the unskilled part of the community which wants all challenging content removed?

the argument, that players were facing more difficult content where they needed the lab points before they solved all trials is moot. if a player is unable to conclude from failing at difficult content that he needs to improve his char he is in the wrong game genre anyway.
what's next? teaching players on how to hold their mouse?

since when are you so careful to not have players fail on content?

in the worst case solution you could have certain maps (or map types) have certain trials fixed like you did with workbench recipes already.

i would have rather expected that you made all lab completions mandatory for ingame process to kill bots. it's a trial after all.

that proves that ppl only complain no matter what ggg do. :D
for those whom dislike this change, you can still search and complete the 6 trials on your own before proceeding to your final ascendancy.
you can even post your achievements and see if anyone cares.

try not to nitpick or pour cold water over everything please.
Last edited by hsuchijp on Oct 13, 2021, 2:48:59 AM
Why not remove Lab? Simply worst content in the game behind Heist.
After a normal league I would have said this was nonsense. But last league in SSF I could not complete the 6 trials before I was burnt out. I belive I was extremely unlucky bc I completed arround 80 to 100 white and yellow maps and I missed just 1 trial. Never had to burn the offerings before. This time I did, all the 15 or 20 I got during maping, and the trial I needed resisted to appear. At the end I migrated to trade to buy offerings but I lost the interest in the league then.

I belive I like thos change now.
"
anti4z500 wrote:

that proves that ppl only complain no matter what ggg do. :D

i don't know, maybe it's just a reaction to players who made it their life long agenda to remove challenging content from poe which can't be beaten by rmt, pure and stupid damage output and bots.

of course it's disliked by unskilled people or players who can't lose.

it's just simple minded to attach a tag like "arpg" to a game to fight all innovations developers came up with and which you fail to master.

you dumb down your game, you get playes who can only play dumbed down content, just look on reddit how that turns out eventually.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info