Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

"
Paulwrath wrote:
Personally I dislike the reduction to Aura Stackers. It felt like a good trade off in strength and weakness to have a character that is nearly helpless on it's own but invaluable to a party. What I dislike(d) is aura stackers that managed through gear(even expensive gear) to have substantial damage dealt of their own. I kind of feel like if you are going to be. . ."selfless" enough to make a character that only buffs and deals no damage you shouldn't be penalized for it.

I can understand wanting to nerf nigh unkillable characters with insane DPS(the high end) but feel like there could have been some way to do it without gutting true supports that invest a lot into protecting and buffing their party.

Totally agree.
More stronger and less white pollution screen mobs = heathier game experience.
"
I very much like this one. Now I'm hyped for the announcement and patch notes.

You really like that people will lose their multi-year characters, that it will remove the party-supporting supports, that people in the party won't have so much fun anymore. That the game will become more single player? This is so cool?

This is the complete incompetence of GGG, Like children playing with bombs. And time and respect for players is irrelevant.
For reservation effiencency stacking, is it:

1- 100%= 50% reservation (1/2), 200% 75% (50%of50%), 300% 87.5% (50%of50%of50%) etc

or

2- 100%= 50% reservation (1/2), 200% 66.66% (2/3), 300% 75% (1/4) etc

i am aware about the 200% effiency/return vs wurms ring
STOP NERFING AURA
Last edited by Primaeus on Oct 9, 2021, 8:42:04 AM
"
"
I very much like this one. Now I'm hyped for the announcement and patch notes.

You really like that people will lose their multi-year characters, that it will remove the party-supporting supports, that people in the party won't have so much fun anymore. That the game will become more single player? This is so cool?

This is the complete incompetence of GGG, Like children playing with bombs. And time and respect for players is irrelevant.

You'll still be able to boost damage and survivability more than two times. Looks pretty balanced compared to what it's like now. 90% max res + 10 times damage boost from a single support character is broken now.
I played an aurabot before clusters as necro for mf, played it twice as a scion for delve and mf.
Full MF carry+support being able to run 5 orb juiced maps with 4 leechers is balanced, right?
Damage was so high on a delve carry he didn't have a tooltip.

You'll need to choose what auras to run and won't be an universal bandaid to any build.
Keep crying or wait for patch notes and try to adapt to those balance changes.
"
You'll still be able to boost damage and survivability more than two times. Looks pretty balanced compared to what it's like now. 90% max res + 10 times damage boost from a single support character is broken now.
I played an aurabot before clusters as necro for mf, played it twice as a scion for delve and mf.
Full MF carry+support being able to run 5 orb juiced maps with 4 leechers is balanced, right?
Damage was so high on a delve carry he didn't have a tooltip.

You'll need to choose what auras to run and won't be an universal bandaid to any build.

True, the aurabots are still too strong, no one is questioning it, and it would be nice to have a nerf. But not atomic bombing. And leaving a void.

How is the aurabot supposed to survive on the T18 Deli with max mods with less than half auras?? Already some players have problems. Unless you think that everyone immediately gets a mirror gear for aurabots?

What about cursebots ... ??? This is a total killing of supports in the game. Someone is terribly disturbed that people are playing at the party.
"

It's like knocking on the gates of heaven. Hear us GGG you're hurting us. If you don't write and inform, nothing will change.

Poe is mainly designed for single players. Few leagues support corectly multiplayer.... team, and party sharing. For example old alva, syndycate typically for one player, only party leader collects prfit. So playing with random players in a party is tough usually use the party and then kick the butt. Because the mechanics are so designed mainly for solo player.
90%? Poe players play solo (90% = these are just my conclusions, assumptions).

But there is a group of people playing as a team, and they are just kicked.

---
It's already hard for find good aurabots to party, usually most of them are weak aurabots and weak cursebots. Because few players want to play as a support (These are very expensive builds). Now find two for every party. Anyway, such weak aurabots will be suitable for T1 and then what? What about the T16-T18?

Edit:
I refer to what I wrote earlier.
"

GGG has a plan ... have own game vision of the game, It is not able to see every player or please every player. But I hope they will take into account the supports more and not destroy them. What can I write more ...
"
Irorone wrote:
"
rotting_fox wrote:
Anyone who is surprised by this change hasn't played that long. There was a time when you could snapshot your mana reservation and run tons of auras for free, a time when you could get perma immortal call, get 100+% elemental resist, perma vaal IC, zerphis immortality, etc.

For anyone upset you should play a different game if you want your build to last more than 5 leagues. Aura stackers have been the best build for quite a long time. The guy who hit 100 quick in HC did it with an aura stacker which basically made it easy mode. I made a garbage version of an aura stacker for cheap and it was better than most of my other builds. There's no reason you can hack together a 20 ex build and make it invincible to all content when everyone else is trying their hardest to get a few million dps and get some life on their garbage build.

I hope ggg doesn't listen to the whiners this time. They had their fun with a broken meta once again. Time for a new broken meta.

Oh we're not surprised GGG is making this change.
They've been punching aura based builds in the balls for years.

Here's why it's blatantly uneccessary this time.

We're not snapshotting auras we're literally gearing ENTIRE CHARACTERS around them. Which is not cheap. Headhunter BY ITSELF is more powerful than aurastacking. Guess what also costs not even 10% of a geared aura stacker? HEADHUNTER.

That aura stacker that hit 100 real quick?
It was delirium league, and was only meta for HALF that league because GGG broke tradition and nerfed a build mid league. Screen wide cyclone headhunter during legion? Iiiiitttt'sssss FINE.

An actual aura build being viable solo for half a league HERESY.
So you can stuff the "broken meta" bit because there's plenty in the game STILL more broken than aura stackers ever were.

Perma immortal call didn't make you invincible, it only blocked 100% phys. BTW that means there are still four other pretty common damage types to push your shit in with.

"Oh but it's difficult to get the damage"
Getting the damage has NEVER been hard in this game.
Surviving long enough to deal it has always been the challenge.

People literally only whinge about spongy bosses because those same bosses will one tap you from offscreen i.e. sirus.

The "meta" YOU are whinging about is called MULTIPLAYER.
Of course maximizing is gonna be different in a PARTY versus solos.

Irorone, I love you!

Went through all previous pages and was looking for a post to quote that matches with anger against stupidity growing in me. Cheers! =)

Shortly why I hate the plans posted, if I may. I joined the game in talisman league. I don't even remember my first char, cant call it a build since I just started doing things that were possible back then without any research. Some years ago I realised that I hate to switch chars to do different content. I think it was during harbinger league. So I started looking for better fitting all arounder. During or after delve league I discovered SA was pretty cool to run around everywhere. Yes, a half glass bow build. It was ok until delirium league since it couldn't handle maps 80% delirious or higher. Discovered there is a stacker, which had already taken massive nerf but handled even the simulacrum fine. Since I had spent all my resources on SA it took another league to collect enough gold to start it in the simplest form. During that another neef kicked in but I had the gear ready and gave it a try. Not only was it able to do simu but I could visit delve at 1000 without being oneshot. Death beams of Sirus, especially the ones from offsceen, still killed it but since that arena/fight sucks on too many levels I rather avoid it and do whatever else for fun. So even heavily nerfed more than once the build was ok to run around everywhere. Did I mention I love long grind? I like it so much that I dont do leagues. And I can wait for the content to arrive bug free next league if it does, no problem.

For the last, what was it... two years I think, I had pleasure to grind my ass off getting the upgrades for the build. No, I didnt get RMR on all slots possible, nor did I get 3-4 voices1, those are too much to buy in bulk. But I did ok. I heard the whispers in the shadows... Kept pushing since there is no alternative to it. The days grew darker, people were talking about bots that were close-related to the stacker... I kept pushing further, being sure ggg is rational thinking organisation to solve the bot situation with a simple cap to the influence shared to party or any other solution to address THAT problem.

I rarely play in teams. When it happens it's mostly to help others to complete a bad boss or newcomers to finish lab. I like doing my things alone and trust me, changing things in stacker gear/tree takes detailed planning, so chatting non-stop does not help it. Finding items ror upgrades isnt just a sunny walk through Rivendell.

Now, with these changes you dont simply annihilate a build or two, you roll over a wide variety of builds. The gain for the rest is something also reddit demanded? Chris, sorry, but I had higher hopes in you...
"
MidgetLove wrote:
Everyone will be playing D2R still, this game has been screwed since they f'd harvest.

Don't forget to tell us how did your 999999th Mephisto run go
Have fun nerfing ignite builds. You only need elementary school math to find out it is a nerf. And please don't pretend it's a buff next time cuz we are not retard
Your problems started when you developed Harvest mechanic and now league by league you are killing your game! Thanks for the years, i enjoyed it very much, but it is time to let POE go. I'll probably try out the new 3.16 expansion for some hours, then just leave you to it. No offense, but these changes and un-changes are stupid, if you would have heard what community says then we would be at some other point on the game development! Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info