Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

so I tested some of my builds in PoB using new passive tree and it looks like a hidden 20% nerf across the board on average :) since many passives were removed and replaced by masteries, but in many cases masteries are worse than the nodes they removed, impale is in different part of tree now, need to spend extra points to get there (which I don't have and that's an extra 10% nerf for my build in particular), thanks I guess :)

I guess I'm forced into boring broken builds yet again instead of playing the builds I like.
3.23 is the best league of all time (an absolute banger)
"
Irorone wrote:
"
rotting_fox wrote:
"
Irorone wrote:

which is the most expensive possible setup in the game short of a mirrored legacy kaom's heart which isn't even AVAILABLE in league

And not available in standard...

It is available in standard, that's why it's mirrored because said someones HAVE a legacy kaom's and mirror serviced it. It's considered the most expensive unique in the game because the only way to increase the # of them is the most expensive currency in the game.

So it is available just not in league because legacy.

You can't mirror a unique so if one exists it's bugged. There's no way to make more even if you use "the most expensive currency in the game" - which is wrong (eternal orbs are the most expensive currently).
"
rotting_fox wrote:
You can't mirror a unique so if one exists it's bugged. There's no way to make more even if you use "the most expensive currency in the game" - which is wrong (eternal orbs are the most expensive currently).

Can't you get a mirrored unique from "Items are mirrored" strongboxes?
Feels like this is just a shout into the void but I need to utter it nonetheless.

What in the world makes GGG think party play is bad?

I absolutely agree that the pinnacle of the curse effectiveness stack and aura stack was too much.. but hitting them this hard with a nerf bat and saying "hey, stop playing with others, focus on building for your own effectiveness" really seems.... poor form.
"
MyztikalD wrote:
Feels like this is just a shout into the void but I need to utter it nonetheless.

I absolutely agree that the pinnacle of the curse effectiveness stack and aura stack was too much.. but hitting them this hard with a nerf bat and saying "hey, stop playing with others, focus on building for your own effectiveness" really seems.... poor form.

Party play isn't bad, aura stacking making content trival is. They specifically introduced 6 new gems catered for party play.
"
Psaakyrn wrote:
"
MyztikalD wrote:

Party play isn't bad, aura stacking making content trival is. They specifically introduced 6 new gems catered for party play.

Yeah six new gems for party play that...
Deactivates on LoS break
Only targets ONE entity at a time
FUCKING KILLS YOU IF THE TARGET DIES.

Meanwhile with TWENTY SIX CORRUPTED JEWELS AND SIX VOICES AND EVERY PASSIVE POINT, MEANING LEVEL 100, YOU CAN'T EVEN STACK SIX AURAS IN JUST MANA ANYMORE.

They didn't just nerf it THEY GUTTED it.
They listened to the whiners that can't be bothered to comprehend that minmaxing a PARTY shouldn't be the same fucking build six times over.
Fair enough on the legacy's kaom's bit.
Still doesn't change that everybody's whining about auras when they weren't anywhere near broken.

Even at their most broken, delirium, aura builds still never hit hardest. Powerful? At one point yes but there are VERY few gem classes that have seen the nerf bat as often or as hard as auras. LET ALONE BOTH.

Might as well delete unwavering faith from guardian ascendancy cause even at max stacking it's not even providing as much as passive notable life regen or armor node with good gear.

Literally the "problem" with aura builds was...
All the other builds that can do content solo in seconds anyway.
Last edited by Irorone on Oct 22, 2021, 4:34:47 PM
I'm nowhere near most in terms of the endgame aurastacker builds but have been working on one for 6 months to try to get there, slowly improving it. Really bites to see 6 months of work get flushed, I know it's even worse for others.

I get nerfing an OP build, but killing the build like this is lame
Oh and as one last aside...
they split the reservation stat between life and mana

so yeah, they didn't just fuck the stat once but TWICE with these changes.
saw aurabot and still cool
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info