Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

"
Serdoa wrote:
"
Takiah wrote:
So my vortex build will never reach same levels of DPS as 3.14.
Guess I'll have to find other games to play.

I don't understand posts like these. Is the issue not if you can actually play through the game but just that the number (most likely in PoB...) isn't high enough?

Or did you just phrase that badly and have any math to provide as for why the damage of Vortex is not enough for red maps / endgame-bosses anymore? (Though for maps I'd assume Cold Snap / Creeping Frost is more important).

Of course, I like big numbers and I cannot lie! haha

But imagine having a toy that you really like playing with, and someone comes and removes parts from it. Now it's just a broken toy, and at some point you forget how it used to look like.

In 3.15 many builds were hit by nerfs, and not only to DPS. Yes my build lost a lot. My build in 3.14 had 40%-50% less dps in 3.15.
They also made awakened gems less powerful. For the time invested to kill Awakener, the reward is not there. Drop rate isn't even high. I only killed Awakener 7, and never saw a gem drop.

Now, with 3.16, look at this for math. https://youtu.be/nE0nEMl2Jtk

Yet again, we lose even more DPS for builds that are not even played by the majority of people. I'm fine with not having to use EO and EE, but DoT skills keep getting butchered and it's hard to understand why.
Last edited by Takiah on Oct 9, 2021, 4:58:35 AM
"
rotting_fox wrote:
"
Irorone wrote:

We're not snapshotting auras

I wasn't referring to aura stackers here. Pre 2.0 you could snapshot auras/mana reservation.

"
Irorone wrote:

Perma immortal call didn't make you invincible, it only blocked 100% phys. BTW that means there are still four other pretty common damage types to push your shit in with.

Some of the builds were still quite broken. Hence why it doesn't exist.

"
Irorone wrote:

"Oh but it's difficult to get the damage"
Getting the damage has NEVER been hard in this game.
Surviving long enough to deal it has always been the challenge.

Depends on the build and skills really. I have made plenty of builds that had no trouble with deaths, but couldn't push out a lot of dps.

1. Yes you could snapshot skills and that was an exploit.
Still doesn't explain GGG's murder boner for aurastacking.

2. Correction: some of the builds ARE still broken.
Honestly if you think aurastackers are still broken after the mid league delirium nerf and the post league medium jewel changes you're high.

3. Yeah builds that die a lot tend to run out of map portals and find themselves getting offscreened by sirus. Damage isn't hard to come by but if a whisper in your general direction

or missing that reflect mod that rolled on your map

outright kills you then ALL the complaints about aurastacking are just downright moot.

Lemme sum up all the people celebrating the aurastacking nerf ehem

"SuppOrT BuIlD TOO sUpporTivE PLZ neRf."

People like you are literally the same type that whinge about Trinity in warframe.
I never played RF, but from statistics it's played by 0.1% of players, those very few people just love using that skill. RF builds are not OP by any means, in fact thos builds are not to be recommended.

Why nerfing a "bad" build used by 0.1% of people, which struggles for endgame content ?

It doesn't make any sens.
Is the point to just make everyone disgusted abouit POE to push as fast possible the transition twoard POE2

Also why are you not simply and clearly explaining things in your manifesto, to the point of 99% of players having to check youtube content to understand if it is a buff or another nerf ?

Be more CLEAR, after explaining your damage tweaks that you call "balancing the game", just add something clear like : In the end, RF based builds will see their DPS lower by about 20 to 25%. There is nothing more simple than that for you developpers. Also it would have been good to also explain why you don't want people to play RF.

This would certainly help people understand what you actually want.

I read the manifesto, thinking that you buffed a weak build, thinking that this was how you see "balance", and was quite happy because it is also how I see "balance". But in the end you indeed nerfed RF builds (which I never played once again), showing you see "balance" totally at the opposite of how I see "balance".

First of all, you should make clear of how you see balance, because if nerfing RF builds is how you see balance, I can safely say that not even 0.001% of players are seeing balance as you are.

After ALL those podcasts with streamers, after all those hours and the hype about 3.16, you answer by nerfing underpowered and underused elemental DoT skills........seriously ?

Saying that I am dispointed would be an understatement. Imho, you really didn't understood, all those hours with streamers for nothing. Just like me when a teach a student for hours just to undertand.......that he understood nothing, disapointed.
Last edited by Killerspintt on Oct 9, 2021, 5:38:37 AM
Since low budget reservation will be very good.. and min max wont worth it (kinda), what will happen with enlighten support? I mean most of build wont need it now if they use 2-3 aura. Will they change it to increase aura efficency?
STOP NERFING AURA
"
whood wrote:
"
"
I very much like this one. Now I'm hyped for the announcement and patch notes.

You really like that people will lose their multi-year characters, that it will remove the party-supporting supports, that people in the party won't have so much fun anymore. That the game will become more single player? This is so cool?

This is the complete incompetence of GGG, Like children playing with bombs. And time and respect for players is irrelevant.

You'll still be able to boost damage and survivability more than two times. Looks pretty balanced compared to what it's like now. 90% max res + 10 times damage boost from a single support character is broken now.
I played an aurabot before clusters as necro for mf, played it twice as a scion for delve and mf.
Full MF carry+support being able to run 5 orb juiced maps with 4 leechers is balanced, right?
Damage was so high on a delve carry he didn't have a tooltip.

You'll need to choose what auras to run and won't be an universal bandaid to any build.
Keep crying or wait for patch notes and try to adapt to those balance changes.

"still be able to boost damage by ten times"
Yeah calculate what a SINGULAR CHARACTER'S full multiplicative of base damage is from their passives/gear.

Then realize you're whinging about a build that's entire EXISTENCE about being a FORCE MULTIPLIER TO EVERYONE ELSE.

Then realize that same build has more RNG, more gearing, and a bigger price tag, THAN ALL THE OTHER BULLSHIT IN THIS GAME THAT DOESN'T EVEN REQUIRE A SECOND PLAYER TO COORDINATE WITH YOU TO BE VIABLE.

"oh he can carry an entire party of leechers on a juiced map"
DEAR GOD NOBODY TELL THIS MAN ABOUT THE BUILDS THAT CAN JOIN SAID LEECHERS KILL THE BOSS SOLO WITH NO AURABOT BUFFS IN SECONDS AND LEAVE.

DEAD. ASS. a basic bitch build with HEADHUNTER as the only expensive piece can DO EVERYTHING YOU JUST WHINGED ABOUT.
"
Killerspintt wrote:
I never played RF, but from statistics it's played by 0.1% of players, those very few people just love using that skill. RF builds are not OP by any means, in fact thos builds are not to be recommended.

Why nerfing a "bad" build used by 0.1% of people, which struggles for endgame content ?

It doesn't make any sens.
Is the point to just make everyone disgusted abouit POE to push as fast possible the transition twoard POE2

Also why are you not simply and clearly explaining things in your manifesto, to the point of 99% of players having to check youtube content to understand if it is a buff or another nerf ?

Be more CLEAR, after explaining your damage tweaks that you call "balancing the game", just add something clear like : In the end, RF based builds will see their DPS lower by about 20 to 25%. There is nothing more simple than that for you developpers. Also it would have been good to also explain why you don't want people to play RF.

This would certainly help people understand what you actually want.

I read the manifesto, thinking that you buffed a weak build, thinking that this was how you see "balance", and was quite happy because it is also how I see "balance". But in the end you indeed nerfed RF builds (which I never played once again), showing you see "balance" totally at the opposite of how I see "balance".

First of all, you should make clear of how you see balance, because if nerfing RF builds is how you see balance, I can safely say that not even 0.001% of players are seeing balance as you are.

After ALL those podcasts with streamers, after all those hours and the hype about 3.16, you answer by nerfing underpowered and underused elemental DoT skills........seriously ?

Saying that I am dispointed would be an understatement. Imho, you really didn't understood, all those hours with streamers for nothing. Just like me when a teach a student for hours just to undertand.......that he understood nothing, disapointed.

They nerf RF and Death Oath builds because they dislike "passive damage".

The reason GGG is increasingly a pack of morons is perma cyclone is EXACTLY THAT and scalable a dozen different ways, also has been nerfed what twice and in MINOR fashions at that.

People play RF to watch everything burn in their presence as they approach. At least until GGG whinges about it "supposed to be a spellpower buff".

Turns out spellcasters avoid skills that will leave them with literally one health left. Added salt for the fact you can't even CI righteous fire because the skill just won't function if your MAX life is 1.

People play death oath as a meme and to occasionally watch things explode like popcorn.

People play cyclone because I don't think that skill has EVER completely dropped out of the meta and now that it's like D3's cyclone (fully controllable) it's likely to never leave the meta.
"
MaxOloloshka wrote:
I just laughing at u guys, so much hate so much toxicity and outcry noone even seen patch notes and full league details and u saying about this dead, this destroyed lol. This community become so much toxic near dota 2 community (that is the most toxic and that's why i leaved this game) btw 10k hours. Stop cry and wait until full patch notes and league details.

so you dont like toxicity and you call ppl crying and that why you left this game interesting .

this is feed back of ppl who played or planed their build and worry about this changes make those build unplayable .didnt they asked for feed back even in this post?
"
Thanks for reading through to the end, and please let us know your feedback on these changes and this new approach to communication.

and you say w8 for full patch note ?? you understand some change here completely disable some play style that you might never saw because they are not popular or played by content creator so how they show dev their concern that their build not going to work ? i dont understand . what you think this comment section should be use for just say Pog ty ?
"
"

You really like that people will lose their multi-year characters, that it will remove the party-supporting supports, that people in the party won't have so much fun anymore. That the game will become more single player? This is so cool?

This is the complete incompetence of GGG, Like children playing with bombs. And time and respect for players is irrelevant.

I personally do. I enjoy it when gamers suffer

Also, nobody cares for standard, you see. You're the 1% :)
"
impulze3 wrote:

I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.

I feel you bro, I've been working for 10 leagues my aurabot support build. Before delirium it was not really good.

i skiped Delve and Betrayal (work) but since Ritual, i play standard. I was using an entire league simply to upgrade my build in standard.

on Xbox, market looks like SSF for most part. Min maxing like i do, i was alone.

-My Victario took 57x T3 corrupt over 10 months.
-about 169x T3 corrupt for clusters (2 months in glennach)
-Helm had 45 minutes to craft it at the end of Ultimatum (so not exactly like i would need but OK for xbox),
-Shield was in standard few weeks ago with 80x suffix cant be changed and add an extra mod shaper/redeemer beast craft. was trying to get 250+ES end up perfect LOL.
-sceptre: harvest

Proud of what i did, nerfs will hurt but i hypothetically estimate to use 8 aura and 1 banner (CI).. we will see. (aul uprising, 1 or 2 wurm ring.?.)

I only did 1 MS in my life, and it was on that perfect pair of boots. worth it. (one of my friend)

crafted theses clusters.. wasnt using them anymore... but ill see what happen to medium cluster jewel after the patch.

overall nerfs, unfortunatly, seems too big as a buff for people. All builds will be much more stronger than befor because of the aura reworks and how its easy to get 50% reduction.

We had to invest a lot to get something, now with minor investment you get the main auras you want. Well no big deal but the game is getting much more easier.

so i assume we will see in parties offencive and defencive aurabot instead of only 1 person that do everything.

last note: feels bad for everyone that have bought MTX for aura, specialy 15-20 invisible buffs effect. it looks like they steal our money. Still no big deal, but it's multiple details like this + time invested in something that makes people mad.
STOP NERFING AURA
"

I personally do. I enjoy it when gamers suffer

Also, nobody cares for standard, you see. You're the 1% :)

This is not the quintessence. I now play on the poe very rarely. I don't have time now. 3-4 hours a week... The rest of the time afk. I feel sorry for my items and so on... But it is about the complete suppression of supports, this applies mainly to the league and the standard. On the standard with mirror items, something will probably work, but in the league from zero, now make a cursebot or arabot support to support the party? No way. Unless to T1.

----------------
Edit:
This is a complete change of multiplayer approach and a removal of playstyles. This mainly hits the players' party. And thus not everyone likes to play solo, and other players only see during trade...

It's impossible to please everyone. It's true. But do you have to destroy the supports right away, cannot you nerf them?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info