Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

"
ArtNoir wrote:

I personally do. I enjoy it when gamers suffer

Also, nobody cares for standard, you see. You're the 1% :)

1. Whatever.
2. Before stating that, ask ggg how big buck they get from standard or mostly standard players and then come back.
"
Irorone wrote:
"
Killerspintt wrote:
I never played RF, but from statistics it's played by 0.1% of players, those very few people just love using that skill. RF builds are not OP by any means, in fact thos builds are not to be recommended.

Why nerfing a "bad" build used by 0.1% of people, which struggles for endgame content ?

It doesn't make any sens.
Is the point to just make everyone disgusted abouit POE to push as fast possible the transition twoard POE2

Also why are you not simply and clearly explaining things in your manifesto, to the point of 99% of players having to check youtube content to understand if it is a buff or another nerf ?

Be more CLEAR, after explaining your damage tweaks that you call "balancing the game", just add something clear like : In the end, RF based builds will see their DPS lower by about 20 to 25%. There is nothing more simple than that for you developpers. Also it would have been good to also explain why you don't want people to play RF.

This would certainly help people understand what you actually want.

I read the manifesto, thinking that you buffed a weak build, thinking that this was how you see "balance", and was quite happy because it is also how I see "balance". But in the end you indeed nerfed RF builds (which I never played once again), showing you see "balance" totally at the opposite of how I see "balance".

First of all, you should make clear of how you see balance, because if nerfing RF builds is how you see balance, I can safely say that not even 0.001% of players are seeing balance as you are.

After ALL those podcasts with streamers, after all those hours and the hype about 3.16, you answer by nerfing underpowered and underused elemental DoT skills........seriously ?

Saying that I am dispointed would be an understatement. Imho, you really didn't understood, all those hours with streamers for nothing. Just like me when a teach a student for hours just to undertand.......that he understood nothing, disapointed.

They nerf RF and Death Oath builds because they dislike "passive damage".

The reason GGG is increasingly a pack of morons is perma cyclone is EXACTLY THAT and scalable a dozen different ways, also has been nerfed what twice and in MINOR fashions at that.

People play RF to watch everything burn in their presence as they approach. At least until GGG whinges about it "supposed to be a spellpower buff".

Turns out spellcasters avoid skills that will leave them with literally one health left. Added salt for the fact you can't even CI righteous fire because the skill just won't function if your MAX life is 1.

People play death oath as a meme and to occasionally watch things explode like popcorn.

People play cyclone because I don't think that skill has EVER completely dropped out of the meta and now that it's like D3's cyclone (fully controllable) it's likely to never leave the meta.

Deaths Oath is by all means not only a meme build, i play on Ps4 and the nr.1 HC SSF ULTIMATUM spot was held by an 98 Occultist with it. Just wsnted to point that out :)
Also: day4 of reminding GGG about the idea of a blue Divine Ire MTX.
Last edited by INFINITY-BLOOD on Oct 9, 2021, 7:02:47 AM
Might of been nice if EE allowed you to stack an exposer or increased exposer effectiveness. As is, I'm not sure when you'd use it any more unless you were pathing pass it anyway and your build just happened to need an exposure source.

Otherwise I like the changes!
so they make a game where you can play with friends a game like d2, but slowly kill the party play aspect, because the game is shit to play with a lot of people, because it lags everyone out. so you need to only have 1 person whoever is the fastest and strongest kill everything while everyone else follows behind so they dont lag out game. so players came up with use curses and auras to help buff the damage type to make them feel impactful and to help the person doing damage do more and survive better.

you guys really do hate party play. challanges usually have to be done single play only and other things must be done single play only. You guys really do hate people playing with each other. also have it built for shitty trade that you want it to be cancer to force players to play solo self found so players get a buff to finding items.

the changes in the last 2 posts sounded awesome and maybe the dot and ignite actually get buffed. we will see, but the curse and aura changes are a bust.

i was actually thinking about playing again, but d2r is actually more fun and better party play then this game. wait even d3 party group play is more fun then playing with a group of friends who lag eachother out or just have to follow behind while one person does everything.

[Removed by Support]
rawrawr
Last edited by Matthew_GGG on Oct 10, 2021, 8:08:26 AM
Last edited by Sedes_Cruentes on Jan 5, 2024, 5:28:48 PM
"
TizeNO wrote:
"
Paulwrath wrote:
Personally I dislike the reduction to Aura Stackers. It felt like a good trade off in strength and weakness to have a character that is nearly helpless on it's own but invaluable to a party. What I dislike(d) is aura stackers that managed through gear(even expensive gear) to have substantial damage dealt of their own. I kind of feel like if you are going to be. . ."selfless" enough to make a character that only buffs and deals no damage you shouldn't be penalized for it.

I can understand wanting to nerf nigh unkillable characters with insane DPS(the high end) but feel like there could have been some way to do it without gutting true supports that invest a lot into protecting and buffing their party.

Totally agree.

I totally agree.

dont kill party play. some people like playing as a supporting roll. its who they are.
rawrawr
"
Phish wrote:
"
TizeNO wrote:
"
Paulwrath wrote:
Personally I dislike the reduction to Aura Stackers. It felt like a good trade off in strength and weakness to have a character that is nearly helpless on it's own but invaluable to a party. What I dislike(d) is aura stackers that managed through gear(even expensive gear) to have substantial damage dealt of their own. I kind of feel like if you are going to be. . ."selfless" enough to make a character that only buffs and deals no damage you shouldn't be penalized for it.

I can understand wanting to nerf nigh unkillable characters with insane DPS(the high end) but feel like there could have been some way to do it without gutting true supports that invest a lot into protecting and buffing their party.

Totally agree.

I totally agree.

dont kill party play. some people like playing as a supporting roll. its who they are.

Party play still will be more than ok and way more superior compared to solo play.

Mb they should let current gear to stay unchanged for standard players, and that's it.
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
Last edited by Anngrat on Oct 9, 2021, 8:28:23 AM
When can we see the new League 36 Mtx

keep the nerfs coming until Poe 2 thanks
I would like to ask GGG, what is the point of a player developing his build after sooner or later he is doomed? Or maybe we should play some mediocre build for fear of being destroyed. Hopefully you find some balanced option for change so that everyone is happy.
Last edited by BrsZZerS on Oct 9, 2021, 8:49:46 AM
"
GrimExcuse wrote:
When can we see the new League 36 Mtx

It's time for them to nerf challenges rewards. Simply give people the trophe while they reach 40 challenges, and no more mtx.

STOP NERFING AURA
Last edited by Primaeus on Oct 9, 2021, 9:05:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info