Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

gz on ruining another build archetype.

How to kill another aspect of endgame and stomp a 10+ mir build into history.

I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.
this is like the most embarrassing possible post you could have made
"
docdocdocdoc wrote:
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

leading with that one league challenge icon too... (chef's kiss)
I read it twice to make sure they weren't memeing or something. Assuming they are absolutely genuine and didn't RMT, they get multiple mirrors one league then don't get out of the acts in the next league perfectly illustrates why there is a problem with the archetype. It is so utterly different to normal gameplay that people who are used to it can't even face levelling.
"
docdocdocdoc wrote:
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

He is flexing on your poor financial status, feel ashamed. To think u can even reply like this. A shameful performance indeed.
"
"
docdocdocdoc wrote:
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

He is flexing on your poor financial status, feel ashamed. To think u can even reply like this. A shameful performance indeed.

Let's not forget the part where the person tried to panic sell this build after hearing about the incoming nerfs and tried to get the same amount of mirrors back as they claim they have spent on it (15-20).
"
groink19 wrote:
"
Robredo wrote:

Stuff like this is super easy to test. Just take your PoB from 3.14 unspec EE and EO and increase your gemlevel untill you reach the base dmg of the new values. And you will see that you loose alot of dmg probably 30-50% dependent on gear and overall tree. Now you try to remember how much of a struggle the build already was in 3.15 and you probably know that it's no longer at a point where it makes sense to play unless you like to suffer.

Man, it hurts to read this. It really does. The absolute misinformation just to push your own narrative.

Vortex can still be used with EO and EE!!!

Perhaps you should learn how the relevant game mechanics work before making such claims. Vortex is not a spammy skill, it has a cooldown, so you probably aren't going to hit often enough with a high enough crit to trigger EO with it reliably. And as for EE, that 25% exposure is redundant with existing sources of exposure which are almost certainly already being used by Vortex characters.

And while we're on the subject of gaps in your knowledge of the game's mechanics, in regards to another comment from you I saw a few pages back, burning and ignite are not the same thing, and not all sources of burning damage are ignite-based (e.g. scorching ray, flame wall, righteous fire, burning ground).

And as I was getting caught up on the thread, I noticed even more ignorance on your part in another post about this, so just addressing it here:

"
groink19 wrote:
I know that in the actual explanation auf EO it is worded differently, but as I stated earlier, I think that the wording here is not precise.

Wording in this game is extremely precise. Always. When you see certain words/phrase like "more", or "extra", or "increased", there's never any confusion at all about what each of those very different things mean, unless of course you don't understand the mechanics of the game at all. Words/phrases like "ailment" versus "damage over time", or "cast" versus "spell", have very specific and precisely different meanings. The new EO applies to hits and ailments, so it can only scale the Vortex hit, not the Vortex DOT, because the Vortex DOT is not an ailment. That is not speculation, GGG told us exactly that.
Fairgraves was a slave trafficker specialized in the kidnapping and transport of children. He was not "a good man".
Last edited by AxiomOfAnarchy on Oct 8, 2021, 11:56:07 PM
"
Sorastae wrote:
Let's not forget the part where the person tried to panic sell this build after hearing about the incoming nerfs and tried to get the same amount of mirrors back as they claim they have spent on it (15-20).

Ah yes the classic time traveling panic that travels back in time from mid october to the beginning of august forcing me to make a thread with the goal to raise funds for a quant deadeye aaahh, how could i have forgotten!

I guess i should've just listed the items for a price thats less shocking for people who browse reddit all day, how does 20 ex sound ? 20 ex 1 alt ?

hahaha
Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915
"
vollekanne wrote:
1990 loot system

What do you mean? Am just curious.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Personally I dislike the reduction to Aura Stackers. It felt like a good trade off in strength and weakness to have a character that is nearly helpless on it's own but invaluable to a party. What I dislike(d) is aura stackers that managed through gear(even expensive gear) to have substantial damage dealt of their own. I kind of feel like if you are going to be. . ."selfless" enough to make a character that only buffs and deals no damage you shouldn't be penalized for it.

I can understand wanting to nerf nigh unkillable characters with insane DPS(the high end) but feel like there could have been some way to do it without gutting true supports that invest a lot into protecting and buffing their party.
"
impulze3 wrote:

The balance team and chris being out of touch with their game isn't the only reason why this game is going downhill.
The community is more toxic than ever

Chris doesn't even play his own game. You can't be surgeon without education but in case of PoE our "surgeon" makes surgery without basic knowledge.
I very much like this one. Now I'm hyped for the announcement and patch notes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info