Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

Thanks GGG for EE nerfs, better later then never.
The rest I don't get it, I guess GGG likes to bend over to people on internet, who doesn't like other people having fun.
The fact that EE, which I used, was really nerfed for the most part, stings slightly less due to the fact that EE's new location on the passive tree means I probably wouldn't be able to get it anyways.

(...honestly, moved to the ranger section? Witches are the ones with the ELEMENTALIST class! Oh whatever.)
Like the "Effect of your Auras on You" change.

Don't like the removal of reduced reservation. Especially since we were told early on in 3.15 that the intent of these changes would be to leave solo play as-is and just nerf auras in parties. Really getting hard to put much faith in those kinda statements.

Só vivem de nerfs? Já não basta vc investir o tempo inteiro em defesas e mesmo assim morrer constantemente com HK?
Hi there!
I don't normally post reply for these kind of threads but I'd like my voice to be heard.
Also sorry if my English is bad.

First of all, I really like this new format, but I think put something like a dividing line between each Q&A will be great.
It makes the whole post easier to read, at least for me.

Secondly, I disagree with the nerfing method that "nerfing = killing" kinda style.
I totally understand that Aurastackers/Aurabots are OP in some ways, but there are players out there just want to have fun playing together with the play style of one being damage dealer and one being a support.
I don't know how to describe it but the way you handle Aurastackers/Aurabots feels wrong to me.
I don't expect much but please reconsider it.

Then, the outcome of Aura changes, as well as EE nerf, affect my go-to build, which is elemental minion Necro build.
I don't have any grasp on how this is going to work out, but all I know is that EE is "killed" from my build.
One might argue that I should try new builds, but the fact is I'm not really that type of players who like to play in a sandbox.
I leveled myself a Saboteur to try out traps before I quit this current league, but I didn't feel I was having fun (not saying the build is not fun).
It already felt really bad to play my build in this league, if it's not for the 36 challenge rewards I probably already gave up on it.
My damage is low and my HP is low too, compare to my previous Necro build, and I'm not that smart on gaming to figure out how to solve my problem within reasonable currency.
This is also the first league that I quit in the middle of the league.
That's how unfun my build became after 3.15 nerf I guess.

Please reconsider some of the nerfs and please consider mindfully about minion changes (maybe some other stuffs too but this is just a desire for myself).
I already took time-off from work for the league launch lol
Hopefully I can get some positive answers from patch notes.

Sincerely,
A regular player
Last edited by elaineong613 on Oct 8, 2021, 6:58:45 PM
Imagine spending a few months or a year worth of investment on a build then GGG comes and says no more this build we're "Balancing". This is not balancing anymore you're just deleting a lot of people's hard work.
Prism Guardian now works like 18.77% reduced life reservation.
We can still use three 50% + 35% + 35% auras since they will reserve 97.476% of life.
Last edited by orion314 on Oct 8, 2021, 8:19:48 PM
I just laughing at u guys, so much hate so much toxicity and outcry noone even seen patch notes and full league details and u saying about this dead, this destroyed lol. This community become so much toxic near dota 2 community (that is the most toxic and that's why i leaved this game) btw 10k hours. Stop cry and wait until full patch notes and league details.
"
Irorone wrote:

We're not snapshotting auras

I wasn't referring to aura stackers here. Pre 2.0 you could snapshot auras/mana reservation.

"
Irorone wrote:

Perma immortal call didn't make you invincible, it only blocked 100% phys. BTW that means there are still four other pretty common damage types to push your shit in with.

Some of the builds were still quite broken. Hence why it doesn't exist.

"
Irorone wrote:

"Oh but it's difficult to get the damage"
Getting the damage has NEVER been hard in this game.
Surviving long enough to deal it has always been the challenge.

Depends on the build and skills really. I have made plenty of builds that had no trouble with deaths, but couldn't push out a lot of dps.
Last edited by rotting_fox on Oct 8, 2021, 7:33:33 PM
"
MaxOloloshka wrote:
I just laughing at u guys, so much hate so much toxicity and outcry noone even seen patch notes and full league details and u saying about this dead, this destroyed lol. This community become so much toxic near dota 2 community (that is the most toxic and that's why i leaved this game) btw 10k hours. Stop cry and wait until full patch notes and league details.

So... anyone disliking the changes is toxic? Maybe you need to look at the mirror to see what being toxic is like.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info