Instead of Hard Mode, it's pretty obvious that we need an Easy Mode?

it's all about the "brand", poe ever has been seen as a complex and difficult arpg in this manner.

people need brands, for one to find new games for their liking and then to brag in front of their friends to have mastered this challenging game.

cause i like car comparisons, take porsche.
they got a brand as a expensive and high quality car maker. never in the world would they make a cheap version with a shitty vauxhall engine and never in the world would they make a car that doesn't cost much. you can also recognise porsches on the motorways from far far away.

ggg did plenty of mistakes in this regard,

1) they found it a good idea to change the game's appearance so people can't recognise it from far far away cause every version looks different (they somehow lost the globe girls)

2) they removed the challenging part of the game by adding a item editor they called harvest which killed the item hunt by giving everybody, their mother and their dogs the items they wanted with some group effort and sharing. they corrected this by removing harvest-

3) they let player side power creep go on for years, skill buffs right and left, every league brought new affixes to kill monsters quicker, they removed show stoppers like reflect from their game, leading to poe being a easy game where you grab a weapon from twilight strand and just neeed to invest the time needed to walk into red maps. luckily they at least recognised their failure.

a "easy league" would be a step backwards.

---

what i don't understand, is, why their league design fragments the player base. it would be much better to have everything in one league.

just make instances/areas where you lose your char to standard if you die.
just make instances which get created in hard mode, which are more rewarding.

they got huge problems with their database size cause every league, the amount of tabs a player has gets created in every single league they have.

i could create 800 readonly tabs every league by creating chars in every league variant and filling tabs.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
5 pages in, and so far only 3 people have been able to identify what couldn't be a more obvious trollpost.

Pretty sure that means this get full marks.

Just my unimportant perception of the game: it already has 3 modes.

act 1-10 = easy
all maps = medium
endgame stuff = hard

I also agree with Vio:

"
vio wrote:

what i don't understand is, why their league design fragments the player base. it would be much better to have everything in one league.

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Aug 15, 2021, 2:02:26 AM
Please add Easy (casual) mode.

Even if this is a troll post is the suggestion good.

When I started playing civilization as a child did I barely understand the game and was unaware of many of its systems but this didn't matter because the easiest difficulty was clearly aimed for this group. When I learned the game more did I increase in difficulties until I was playing at difficulties were it is the AI that is given massive bonuses. If civilization didn't have difficulty levels would I have just became frustrated in the first hours and even if I somehow stayed would that one difficulty level be too easy eventually and would I have left anyway.

Quite all strategy games have difficulty levels, so I don't understand why ARPGS and MMOs don't have separate difficulty based realms. So much of the player complains are difficulty related, only difficulty levels can give every type of player the challenge they want.

Starcraft COOP even has automatically adjusting difficulty levels->AI becomes easier if you keep losing and it becomes harder if you keep winning. Maybe if a player dies 3 times in a hour in POE should he get a pop up box
"Hey player the current difficulty level is probably too hard for you, press the button below this popup and all your chars and stash will be moved to a more appropriate difficulty levels. Have a good day"
Last edited by kolpo on Aug 15, 2021, 3:43:00 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
We all ready have an easy mode... it's called trading.

sorry but you shouldn't need to trade to make progress in an arpg, the game genre is about killing stuff and getting loot, the fact that i do need to trade to advance is really starting to get a downer
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

What these soo called "casuals" are asking for isnt an easier game, its a game that...

No

When people ask for something this obvious, it's almost always because that is what they want. Any interpretation as to their motives tells more about the "interpreter" than about the people s/he projects their insecurities on.

+1 to easy mode.

There are many reasons to want that. For me, I'd play that occasionally when I just can't be arsed to think about everything I do in game and just want some mindless bit of fun.
Yes, there is an easy mode (play a meta build), but that's just not always fun. There are so many whacky skill combos people could enjoy if the game didn't prevent them from progressing quite as hard as it does.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
Make an easy mode of the game which players can select if the game is too hard for them. I'm pretty sure many people would like this.

Yes, but what is the functional difference between adding a hard mode (and letting the other mode be the easy mode) and adding an easy mode (and letting the other mode be the hard mode)? In terms of league play, it is functionally the same. In terms of Standard, it makes more sense to add a hard mode (and let the existing legacy items be part of "easy mode", because some of that stuff is badly OP).

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
Give them distinct forum badges and in-game icons for their respective leagues - this way people who play in the same difficulty can find groups more easily which would promote a more social environment.

Forum badges don't really matter, also some people would probably play both (do you look for groups in the forum?). In-game icons for which league people are playing would generally be nice, regardless of hard or easy mode.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
This thread has been enhanced by 5 Delirium orbs out of 5.
Charan was right.
I think it's a good idea. Then when ggg needs to nerf things, the players who prefer the game to be easy can be directed towards easy mode. Hopefully such a game mode would be sufficient to placate that camp. Making easy mode would be easy; just make mirrors rain from the sky and buff player damage by a factor of 2x or 3x.
Last edited by Boozbaz on Aug 16, 2021, 9:59:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info