Instead of Hard Mode, it's pretty obvious that we need an Easy Mode?

I find it funny that people want an easier game but find playing "easy" mode insulting somehow
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I find it funny that people want an easier game but find playing "easy" mode insulting somehow

If it weren't for the fact that a part of the easy mode (or casual mode, or training wheels mode, whatever) players want 3.13 Harvest back, this would be very easy. You would make the creation of the character have the following steps:

League (Standard/Temporary)
Hardcore (Yes/No)
SSF (Yes/No)
Mode (Easy/Normal/Masochist)

Done. But the existence of those that want the item editor makes it hard to make a mode option. An easy mode without the item editor would not be viewed well.

EDIT: Easy would be equivalent to 3.14 power levels. Normal would be like 3.15, or at least what they wanted 3.15 to be and masochist would be whatever insanity they want.
Last edited by Nubatron on Aug 14, 2021, 7:23:55 AM
i cant get behind the idea of making the acts harder,doesnt chris sayd in the past that most players get hooked to the game after reaching maps?

poe is easy for people that be here since a long time,cause they have years of knowledge getting every 3 months something new to add and internalize to their knowlege.nerfs will be adjusted and game is still easy for them

but someone who is new to the game will get overwhelmed with informations.

why loading screens dont get used for important informations for newcomer`s? first thing i say to friends that i suggest this game is: get your resistance to 75% or you will die alot.second is getting flasks with freeze and bleed immunity with bestiary craft.

for a veteran this information is useless yes but for a rookie its important cause they dont know what killed them in various situations.they dont know the moveset from bosses or the OP auras from rare monsters that you have to pay attention to

use the acts to acclimate new players to poe atm they just get raped and will quit out of frustration

make the endgame brutal for longtimers,if red maps will be only doable for over the top builds with insane investment im fine with that i would like to run t16 with 20 mods instead of 8,but let people with less skill/knowledge atleast the chance to learn this game until they reach mid of yellow maps.

imo the game could satisfy both camps without splitting the community,it has the content for it.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
Make an easy mode of the game which players can select if the game is too hard for them. I'm pretty sure many people would like this.
Give them distinct forum badges and in-game icons for their respective leagues - this way people who play in the same difficulty can find groups more easily which would promote a more social environment.

Uhm no
Elitism already is a massive issue in this game
Need more brains, exile?
I'll take it if it actually keeps me out of this constant war between GGG and top 1% where top 1% make 500 mirrors builds and delete Sirus in 1 sec with 1 billion damage somehow making GGG believe that this is the way majority plays their game.
GGG needs to just make gauntlet mode for the masochists' and Chris to play. Reduce all damage on all skills by 75%, double monster health, remove all crafting, reduce item drops by 75% triple monster damage, and make it so rares take 5 minutes to kill. They can play that for 3 weeks to get through act 1 and have all the "fun" they want

and let the rest of us just enjoy blowing up screens and actually have fun.
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Hopefully hard mode comes soon so when the Dark Souls people give their bad feedback that the game would be better as an unfun slog where only 2 builds can kill Shaper we can just push those people into hard mode and let them have their slop in peace.

Right now those people insist that they MUST play in a non-private, softcore, trade league with a guild that pools items for them (usually with a dedicated trader and an aurabot support to advance them at league start!) and that they can't just NOT utilize "overpowered" crafting mechanics even though they presumably control the buttons they press. GGG must set the difficulty as "hard" for them while still allowing all of these things. Once hard mode comes out they'll have no excuses whatsoever. They'll have everything they ever wanted and can go away.
Not instead, both hard and easy
"
RitualMurder wrote:
GGG needs to just make gauntlet mode for the masochists' and Chris to play. Reduce all damage on all skills by 75%, double monster health, remove all crafting, reduce item drops by 75% triple monster damage, and make it so rares take 5 minutes to kill. They can play that for 3 weeks to get through act 1 and have all the "fun" they want

and let the rest of us just enjoy blowing up screens and actually have fun.

Agreed, the game might be too easy for some people, but for majority it is brutally difficult. Imagine a new player coming into the game, just the fact that it is unlikely a new player makes it to maps without following a build guide, says that the acts are hard enough already. Besides who cares about the acts, all veteran players have played through it 10+ times and its boring as hell, making it take longer just makes it even more booooring. None of my friends i tried to get to play the game survived through the frustration of constantly getting one shot, so yeah go ahead make it even harder. F-ing STUPID.
This, but unironically.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info