Instead of Hard Mode, it's pretty obvious that we need an Easy Mode?

I don't enjoy games where I simply turn my brain off and 'just kill', never feel challenged, never have to earn anything, just keep on winning without even trying, where I'm just spending time without ever having to overcome any challenges. I don't think I'd ever play PoE on this proposed easy mode.

With that in mind, I'm also not against it. For as long as it wouldn't eat up any development resources or slow everything down, because devs had yet another mode to balance stuff around, let people have their fun. Just because I don't care for it, doesn't mean it would take anything away from me.

I want my games to be tough. If others prefer to take it easy, let them.
There is a big rift between 3.13 easy mode, and 3.16(?) masochist mode. And inside that rift is 3.15. Or at least what I think they wanted 3.15 to be. I think masochist mode is dumb and will only attract the most extreme of epeen warriors. That’s not to say it’s not worth it. It’s just not for me.

I personally prefer what they are trying to achieve between those two extremes. There isn’t a right answer. Not really.

But when people start saying you don’t like 3.13 easy mode? Go try masochist mode. I want respond back that my wife likes warm weather, that doesn’t mean she wants to build a house in Death Valley.

As for the OP, easy mode that is voided would be a good answer to the problem in my opinion.
Last edited by Nubatron on Aug 13, 2021, 11:58:21 AM
Well as an almost 40 year old casual player I'll say I would pay a monthly subscription to get a legacy 3.13 "easy mode" that just resets every 3 months with no other changes. I can't play this game anymore. Two builds into the high 80's and I just can't do red maps with how tanky the monsters are. Really sucks they are making POE into a hardcore gamers only club.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
Make an easy mode of the game which players can select if the game is too hard for them. I'm pretty sure many people would like this.
Give them distinct forum badges and in-game icons for their respective leagues - this way people who play in the same difficulty can find groups more easily which would promote a more social environment.

Nope, not needed
The current game is the easy mode. I welcome a harder mode since they won't make the current base game hard enough.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Majority of the community seems to want the game to be "easier" (Whatever that means), meaning there seems to be alot of popularity with making leagues more like Ritual was.
Since softcore trade is the main and most popular league, it therefore makes more sense to make softcore trade the mode which caters to the largest amount of players.

People who want a harder game and enjoy the struggle are free to play the new mascochist mode. Meanwhile, the rest of the playerbase can just keep playing softcore trade like they always have.

I'm pretty sure adding an "easymode" option and trying to make softcore trade harder (I assume that's what you want) is the complete wrong decision.
There are some users on this forum who constantly wants to push for a harder and more punishing game. Alot of these people want more nerfs and a slower gameplay.

Chris announcement regarding this new hardmode is PERFECT for these guys.
Now these people who complain that the game is too easy, 3.15 was the right direction et.c. can leave softcore trade alone and enjoy themselves in this new mode designed specifically for them.
Last edited by Deadandlivin on Aug 13, 2021, 2:05:21 PM
Raiz already said this in Baeclast. Chris was against the idea
Creator of Dementophobia

Name, reward, art and flavor text all my idea, very satisfied with outcome
"
V3n05 wrote:
Ya, splits the player base, which is exactly why they shouldnt have thrown in SSF into the game either. Cause now you have the SC camp > HC camp > then the SSF camp that thinks the game should be balanced around them. Big mistake adding that [Removed by Support] mode when people could, you know, just not trade as is.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by JC_GGG on Aug 13, 2021, 2:34:17 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
V3n05 wrote:
Ya, splits the player base, which is exactly why they shouldnt have thrown in SSF into the game either. Cause now you have the SC camp > HC camp > then the SSF camp that thinks the game should be balanced around them. Big mistake adding that [Removed by Support] mode when people could, you know, just not trade as is.

Everyone has opinions. Calling a game mode [Removed by Support] though just because it's not the mode you play isn't really constructive. SSF players don't say they want the game balanced around them, unless equally as much as Standard players want it balanced around them
Creator of Dementophobia

Name, reward, art and flavor text all my idea, very satisfied with outcome
Last edited by JC_GGG on Aug 13, 2021, 2:35:10 PM
SSF doesn't "split the player base" because the players who were playing SFF were alreay split from it. Since there's no incentive to play SFF other than to say that you do, there's no "split". We've already established that. The only thing the SSF tag offers is proof that you play that way.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 13, 2021, 2:34:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info