Instead of Hard Mode, it's pretty obvious that we need an Easy Mode?

As I see it there are 2 target groups for macho mode.

Streamers that want to show their audience what they can do. This will also include some of their audience since those players also want to show their streamer what they can do. Most of these currently play HC trade or SSF HC.

People that want a very challenging game without having to go through 200 hours of unlocks before getting much resistance from the mobs.

Having that said I think there will be an uprising from the casual players if GGG either doesn't make the classic game more "accessible" with less unlock-grinds (some of these changes were hinted about on the podcast). Without this happening the casuals will 100% demand an easymode button. I bet there are more people wanting that as an option than the amount of people that want the macho mode option.

On top of that, HC trade is already struggling with low player base after SSF HC arrived. My guess is that the macho mode will obliterate the remaining playerbase of HC trade.

I highly doubt the hardcore ssf version of macho mode will be popular for very long (probably only alive until people have gotten their world first checkboxes) The hc trade league version of macho mode might stay around for a bit longer, but if GGG truely make this mode as brutal as Chris portrayed most will trickle over to the softcore versions rather quickly.

Last edited by arknath on Aug 13, 2021, 2:38:24 PM
"
CrazylikE wrote:
The current game is the easy mode. I welcome a harder mode since they won't make the current base game hard enough.

For all who only complain...you don't have to say anything!

My respect!!
Almost 2022 and people still think PoE is not an easy game...
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
Both hard and easy modes are bad ideas, for the same reason. The moment you separate the game into easy and hard camps - which you will do by implementing either of those modes, since then the regular game will be thought of as the other mode by default - you will automatically sacrifice one of your primary rationales for balancing anything at all in the game.

If they want to nerf something overpowered and there's an easy mode, people will just scream, "I'M PLAYING THE EASY MODE - WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE WALKING GODS!!".

If they want to nerf something overpowered and there's a hard mode, people will just scream, "IF I WANTED TO NOT BE A WALKING GOD, I'D PLAY THE HARD MODE!!".

Either way, they'll find it increasingly difficult to justify any kind of balancing decision as soon as they admit that there is any kind of easy or hard mode, either explicitly or by implication.

They already face some of this just via the existence of Hardcore and SSF, but at least those modes aren't explicitly about being easier or harder, they're technically only defined by permadeath and the lack of trade respectively. If you have modes that explicitly revolve around game difficulty, you've basically just thrown in the towel and admitted you're not really balancing the main game.
Last edited by Exile009 on Aug 13, 2021, 4:02:43 PM
"
RandallPOE wrote:
this is a good one, I award a solid 9/10

It's unironcially and unsarcastically the best KMQ post ever. I think we might be the only two who get it so far.

This is what peak KMQ performance looks like.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Give them distinct forum badges and in-game icons for their respective leagues - this way people who play in the same difficulty can find groups more easily which would promote a more social environment.

🤣There are only about one dozen regular posters in this forum and you want to see what league they're playing? 🤣Most players of PoE don't post here. This forum consists of a tiny minority. Besides people would just see what league someone is playing and judge their opinions based on a badge. Terrible Idea.

The main play mode of PoE is SC Trade and that's easy mode. HC and SSF are hard modes already. The suggested 'Masochist' mode would be truly hard and only attract veterans, content creators and the curious, I would imagine after a league or two this 'hard' mode would be as dead as Expedition.
softcore is the easy mode
No it's the game that is broken right now, it's more than easy/hard mode thing.
As from start of the nerfs you posted on forum how many more nerfs are needed and your 600 mil dps build went to only 400 dps and game is easy for you.
I would say you, and players like you, need a hard mode more than rest of us will ever need an easy mode
Last edited by Arcturus_Blake on Aug 14, 2021, 6:28:43 AM
I was informed that there was a bait thread complaining about others having a different view/opinion..

seems it was right.. interesting but expected from another usual poster here I do believe people like op needs this mode more than ever, so they can come with new and improved baits.
Don't be a poe stan. Use your fucking brain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info