Content Update 3.14.0 -- Path of Exile: Ultimatum

"
Xiphoma wrote:
"
vacii wrote:


Then GGG needs to stop being COWARDS and just Doomsday Nerf the entire POE 1 to be inline with what their vision is in POE 2. Just get it over with already and stop slow bleeding it already since this is the route they want to go.

There will always be a mechanic to break, a persons fun to destroy and a correction to how they want us to play their game; which they will have to nerf over and over and over and over like they have been for years.

But if they just gut us now so we can finally understand where the bottom is that would be GREAT! We can finally start looking up from each patch notes and know things can only go up from here. But I'm tired of waiting for them to have a spine. Their fan base won't leave for doing this. We all know its going to happen to have POE 1 and POE 2 be alive simultaneously. I'll just wait for POE 2...


I agree. They need to stop half-assing with this incremental set of nerfs just to slowly gimp the zoom-zoom meta. Just do it in one go so that people don't keep getting disappointed over time. I've played since closed beta, I don't mind if the game slows to a crawl for combat pace, I lived it many years ago. They're basically just reverting their power and feature creep mainly due to POE2.

If you want more content and more power every 3 months you are going to have to deal with the nerfs, builds that were relevant last year are not relevant now... shifting the meta like this is good thing stop crying, GGG have been doing this for over 8 years so please give them the benefit of the doubt[/quote]

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. They said over and over again that GGG is not trying to “shift the META” but to baseline the skills/gameplay on an equal level. This may open up different play styles to be on par with what is currently is considered strong. And these changes will do nothing to shift your delusional META”. So please do more research before making yourself look like a fool.
What’s happens to the remove crafts in the horti? Will they still work? And if they will, even on influenced items?
(Sorry, if I just missed the info. It is a lot ...)
I loved harvest league.
I liked the reintroduced harvest mechanic in rituals.
I hate the harvest nerfs with a passion.
I am not hyped at all for this league. I normally take off work early so I can be there right at league launch but now I'm debating if I even want to play at all. This is the first league since Breach I'm actually considering skipping and I'm sure I'm not alone.

So they gonna keep explode mod on existing items with same values and butcher current crafted hunter influenced quivers? What kind of BS is this?
...
http://i.imgur.com/fxbCnfq.jpg
Last edited by NickIAm on Apr 14, 2021, 3:09:49 PM
"
T0kkra wrote:
So they gonna keep explode mod on existing items with same values and butcher current crafted hunter influenced quivers? What kind of BS is this?


This is normal with how nearly all items in Standard league are. Standard league has some seriously OP old versions of items.


Standard is also so dead since no one plays it so it doesn't really matter if you can farm mirrors there. Atleast thats how GGG seems to deal with it.
Last edited by goatfig on Apr 14, 2021, 3:22:59 PM
"
goatfig wrote:
"
T0kkra wrote:
So they gonna keep explode mod on existing items with same values and butcher current crafted hunter influenced quivers? What kind of BS is this?


This is standard with how nearly all items in Standard league are. Standard league has some seriously OP old versions of items.


Standard is also so dead since no one plays it so it doesn't really matter if you can farm mirrors there. Atleast thats how GGG seems to deal with it.

Well he's asking why you get to keep the explosion chests but not keep the quivers. And I'm pretty sure the answer is: how the changes affect Standard is not really being taken into consideration. It's purely based on ease of implementation.

The Synth and Influenced explosion mods are being removed and replaced with what sounds like a non-influenced mod. Nerfing these mods on existing items would require converting them from the old mod to the new, which adds a step. The quiver mods are already non-influenced, so there's no additional step. Instead, it would be more work for them to create new mods, remove the old ones from the pool, and add the new ones with the same names/values into the pool, thus enabling old quivers to be unchanged.

EDIT: actually, I don't know if the new mods will be non-inf, it's really not clear... but they mentioned the new mod having multiple tiers and such, so it involves a change in the mod pool either way.
Last edited by Zombero on Apr 14, 2021, 3:35:13 PM
Did ya forget to put the notes for Vaal Glacial Hammer or is it actually not getting any changes with the Vaal skill update?

Actually I haven't looked at Vaal GH in a while, but it literally deals less damage than regular GH...wut...Or the wiki is just out of date cause literally no one cares about the skill...
Last edited by JellyJones on Apr 14, 2021, 3:54:40 PM
"
Xiphoma wrote:
"
Xiphoma wrote:
"
vacii wrote:


Then GGG needs to stop being COWARDS and just Doomsday Nerf the entire POE 1 to be inline with what their vision is in POE 2. Just get it over with already and stop slow bleeding it already since this is the route they want to go.

There will always be a mechanic to break, a persons fun to destroy and a correction to how they want us to play their game; which they will have to nerf over and over and over and over like they have been for years.

But if they just gut us now so we can finally understand where the bottom is that would be GREAT! We can finally start looking up from each patch notes and know things can only go up from here. But I'm tired of waiting for them to have a spine. Their fan base won't leave for doing this. We all know its going to happen to have POE 1 and POE 2 be alive simultaneously. I'll just wait for POE 2...


I agree. They need to stop half-assing with this incremental set of nerfs just to slowly gimp the zoom-zoom meta. Just do it in one go so that people don't keep getting disappointed over time. I've played since closed beta, I don't mind if the game slows to a crawl for combat pace, I lived it many years ago. They're basically just reverting their power and feature creep mainly due to POE2.

If you want more content and more power every 3 months you are going to have to deal with the nerfs, builds that were relevant last year are not relevant now... shifting the meta like this is good thing stop crying, GGG have been doing this for over 8 years so please give them the benefit of the doubt

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. They said over and over again that GGG is not trying to “shift the META” but to baseline the skills/gameplay on an equal level. This may open up different play styles to be on par with what is currently is considered strong. And these changes will do nothing to shift your delusional META”. So please do more research before making yourself look like a fool.


The problem is — they set course on equal low (by endless nerfs for the sake of nerfs), not on equal high level.

Latter is fun.
Last edited by DarkJen on Apr 14, 2021, 3:48:36 PM
All of this looks like a great nerf to GGG income. LOL!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info