Spell Totem

The A.I. is horrible, would be nice if you added any to the spell totem.

I mean, it's logical for it to spam whatever assigned to it, and it works fine for such skills like firestorm, frost nova, corpse explosion etc.

But when you got something like raise spectre or zombies on it,
it is just retarded! The totem spams them away before they can even attack anyone once or move one inch.

For these skills the totem should be smarter and keep up the max amount of pets.
So only when/if a minion dies, the totem casts another one.
Shouldn't be too hard.

Even better would be if this would apply to curses too.
This would keep targets cursed, but without the wii-uuu-wii-uuu-wii-spam.

Enemy in range?
Yes =>
Enemy has a curse on?
No =>
Cast curse.
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
Say I accumulate power charges after I already cast the totem.

Does the already casted totem use my current (buffed) critical chance with the power charges? Or does it only use the critical chance that I placed the totems down with?
It's essentially exactly the same as if you cast the skill; it uses your current stats. The only difference is whatever the Spell Totem gem grants.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 11, 2013, 10:22:20 PM
xD I'm trying to interpret your answer to my question but I'm failing. That statement can be used to support both of these scenarios :P

To explain again...

1) I cast a spell totem.
2) I somehow accumulate power charges.

Does the totem, that is already casted, use my updated stats with power charges?

Or does it use the stats I had before I got the power charges?

Here,
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ranged_Attack_Totem

It mentions that ranged attack totems use your power charges... so spell totem should too but it doesn't mention anything about chronology of it happening.
Last edited by Cerest on Jul 12, 2013, 12:33:30 PM
When you cast a Spell, it uses your current stats. It's the same as when the Totem casts a Spell. It uses your current stats. You currently have Power Charges, so the Spell has increased Crit Chance.

If the totem used your stats as they were when you summoned it, it wouldn't be using your current stats (plus the Support Gem modifiers), but your old stats. So no, my previous comment does not apply to both scenaria :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 12, 2013, 1:56:57 PM
i currently want to test this but the relevant gems to test are on two different leagues and i don't nearly have as much time as i used to. i am working on memory power and relativeness of multiple areas... and busy/crowded mob counts.
i (re)noticed that spell totem'ed skills have a range at which totem start doing things. the game says 60, however shockwave totem has 100. this is without totem range and the point i'm getting at is, the (working) range at which spell totem starts doing its work is noticeably further than the (working) range that shockwave totem fires off.
I still wish the quality mod for this gem was different. +1.5% totem duration is not useful. The totem already has a more than sufficient duration. The only utility of a quality mod on a spell totem (at present) is that you can cash it in at the vendor with other quality gems for a GCP.

Superior quality mods would be:

+1.0% totem life
or
+1.0% totem range

Hello there,

tried searching the forum but no luck so I try post it here.

I have this little problem here, I just bought the tiki totem skin because I play ice spear totems and thought it would look cool. Problem is, I don't use spell totem but I use "Soul Mantle" which acts as a spell totem.

Now seems the tiki skin can't be applied to the soul mantle. Any way this can be fixed in a patch please?
My build is based around this mantle so there is no option for me to rebuild and using the gem instead.

I feel like I wasted some shop credits :)
Anyway... this game is well worth it, but a fix would be even nicer :)

Thanks in advance

EDIT: solved in other thread
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Last edited by Earthslug on Aug 4, 2013, 1:29:32 PM
Not sure where this belongs.

I'm just wondering if somebody has some useful ideas for spells that should/could be linked to spell totem that scale well with an army of undead (summoner).

Due to the nature of spell totem other support gems are limited, so far I've experimented with Frost Wall but I wonder if there are better options for that. (Summon Skeleton Totem already in use)
Please allow totems to have as many power/frenzy/endurance charges as player can.

Maybe nerf charge effectiveness for totems if it is required for balance issues.

It will open some new possibilites for gem combinations which is always interesting and fun to explore and try.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info