Freeze Mine

i think u didnt understood me there.

i didnt say ice bite or other support stuff would buff the mine damage, i said because u have these skills near your starting point its tempting to start a cold-duellist.
then u would automaticly get buffs that would boost your general elemental damage and hence boost your freeze time.

and i know that i wont freeze all enemys instantly, but i chill them quiet often.
and if u compare that to the effectivness of the freeze mine, i gotta say there isnt much difference. (CHILLED enemys as a biproduct of spamming your main attack vs. "long and complicated" setup of the mine to FREEZE the enemy)
or you can grab crit chance and freeze that way plus damage boost... because you said cold damage duelist after all...
thats what i meant, buffs that would also work with the mine, would make the mine a natural choice... but the way the mine works makes it unattractive...nn
was i not clear? i was just saying that. it is easier for a duelist to do other things than freeze mine. also nothing near duelist on the passive grid will boost freeze mine.
Bump for response on Cold Penetration having an effect on the freeze damage from the mine?
(Lowering resist to calc. freeze dura)
IGN Suojata
Don't use this skill, it has multiple glitches.. Also nothing works with it, not cold damage nodes or cold damage% on items..No supports work with it either... besides area of effect
IGN: mustache_master
Last edited by onthewaterr on Feb 24, 2013, 11:25:21 PM
i use it with incresed aoe and elemental proliferation on my dual claw shadow. since i play full physical damage i don't have any decent aoe move (whirling being the closest, but desynchs ruin it) so i use it mostly to freeze whole group of mobs long enough for me to kill the boss without taking any damage.

it works, but it's clunky.

one of it's issues (at least for me) is that you can place 5 of them, but it actually performs the same as 1. the aoe is sufficient to cover a vast area with the right supports either way, the freeze doesn't stack, they all detonate simultaneously and etc.

besides the obvious fix (make cold/spell damage affect it) it might be worthwhile if they removed the 5 mines and allowed only 1, but gave it a big +freeze duration bonus (like 30% or so)
Added cold damage does NOT work with this? Why is that?
"
uteruspunch wrote:
Added cold damage does NOT work with this? Why is that?

It will work eventually, see a couple pages back, a post from Mark. Until then it doesn't cause it can't work with the current code.

Tested this for a bit on my DW cleave duellist in merciless. Surprisingly, it does freeze pretty well once it's leveled properly. The range is terrible but proliferation or increased aoe+quality would probably fix that. The main issue remains as a melee the "double cast" time makes it very poor to use unless you lay the mines first, and even then the detonation is still slow. I assume it's not possible but it'd be nice if Detonate was affected by both Casting Speed and Attack Speed(taking only the highest to prevent Frenzy shenanigans). That or considerably reducing the cast time on Detonate to make it more viable for melees.
What happens if you link Freeze Mine with Trap?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info