Decoy Totem

"
Having used this in the one week race, finishing at lvl 77, I would say this totem is pretty much perfect as it, *without quality*. I could see how it would be "OP" with a high quality, but as is I think it does its job perfectly. If it really needs to be adjusted at all, maybe the quality just needs to be changed. Increased cast speed for example, or maybe increased radius.

I dont agree that it's job is to eat all damage while a player kill all mobs without any chalange... that would fit well in newbie ladder, but in default or hard ladder, thats like game destroyer.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
now with the nerf,in OB i feel like it have been ouvernefed.i got one that is up to date for my lvl and it always die in 1-2 hit and most of the time it dont even have the time to do is aggro cast.

why doesnt increase AoE gem work with it?
Steam:Gonejah
In case you're looking at Totem Range: "Totem Range" and "AoE" are not the same thing. That's why they use different phrases, and there's separate passives for both. Totem Range is the range at which it detects enemies. AoE is the range it taunts at. Should benefit from AoE increases just fine.
My friend and I duo. Ranger DPS + tank/totem thrower.

The huge issue we're running into is that the decoy totem fails to do its job fairly often. Namely Rare mobs and bosses will completely ignore this.

That's fine and dandy, the totem can't be overpowered and taunt everything.

The issue here is the Regeneration Totem. It draws enemies (rares and bosses as well) far more effectively than the taunt totem does, and gives a healing buff.

It's not as much an issue for soloers, but for duoed play this behaviour makes the decoy totem absolutely worthless in comparison.
I really like this totem but it's visual effect should be toned way down. Perhaps a faint persistent ring to show it's effective range?
Maybe they can scale the totem to work like this?
1) If mob is regular mob, then takes 10 hits to break it
2) Rare mobs take 5 hits to break it
3) Unique mobs/bosses take 3 hits to break it

That way it scales to what you need without overnerfing or overpowering it. Just an idea.
which support gems work with it? does +minion life add hp to it?
IGN Crakk
Totems are not Minions; it won't apply.
To sum it up currently: Decoy Totems are pretty crappy as of now. Die in 1-3 hits. Not worth mana costs to cast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info